Factory reset Samsung s8
One of the most effective ways to reset a forgotten password is to restore your gadget to factory settings. The procedure does not take much time and requires minimal skills and knowledge. In order to “reset” the phone, you should:
The device will turn on and operate normally. But it is worth remembering that along with the password, all user settings will be deleted, including the contents of the folder with files.
Important! Before resetting the data, it is recommended to unlink the gadget from the Google account if the login data has been forgotten, otherwise it will be problematic to turn on the phone.
Dr.Fone is a convenient and easy-to-use program that will open access to a locked gadget in just a few minutes. In order to test the software in action, you need to download it to your computer using a safe and trusted source. Next, you need to follow a clear aLGorithm:
- Run the program.
- Connect the turned off device to the PC using a USB cable.
- Go to Download mode by holding down the shutdown, volume down and Home keys (if available). The combination may differ depending on the product model.
The program will independently perform all the necessary actions, the user will only have to disconnect the smartphone from the computer. After switching on, the device will be unlocked.
Important! The program does not have a free platform and is not suitable for all smartphone models. Before downloading the application, make sure that the locked device fits its software.
How to quickly unlock a Samsung smartphone without a password in 2021. step by step aLGorithm
Modern smartphones store a fairly large layer of information about their owners. And in order to protect data, users assign a password to the phone, without knowing which it is almost impossible to unlock the gadget, and, therefore, use it as intended, but passwords are forgotten. However, there are still workarounds that allow you to unlock a smartphone from the Samsung trademark without entering a code combination.
Is it possible to unlock Samsung phone by yourself without password
Samsung is a well-known brand, whose products are very popular all over the world. Literally every second inhabitant of the planet owns some kind of equipment from this manufacturer, and every fourth has used a Samsung phone at least once. For this reason, quite often the company’s service centers and people specializing in restoring the functionality of smartphones are faced with the task of unlocking gadgets from Samsung. However, third-party help is not always required to solve this problem. Almost every user can unlock the phone on their own without having a password.
The choice of unlocking method depends on the smartphone model and the skills of its owner. But there are several options for solving the problem, which work almost always, and it does not take much time to master them.
Despite the ability to unlock the smartphone on your own in the event of a forgotten or lost password, it is better not to allow such a combination of circumstances. You can reduce the likelihood of a problem occurring by writing down passwords on paper. When using a pattern, you can record the process of unlocking the gadget on a third-party device. Using additional identification methods will also reduce the likelihood of unlocking difficulties. On modern smartphones, you can connect fingerprint, face and even voice recognition. This method of protection will also be very useful in the event of a device sensor failure.
In a situation where all unlocking methods have been tried, but it was not possible to get rid of the password, you can resort to flashing the device. This is a rather radical way that can permanently and irrevocably disable the phone.
It is impossible to reflash a smartphone without a special program that will provide the user with Root rights, expanding his capabilities. With their help, you can make changes to the operating system, increase the internal memory, and also unlock. If used correctly, after flashing, you can get a new gadget with enhanced functionality, the use of which is not limited by a password.
To reflash a device, you must:
- Find on the Internet a program for flashing that will suit a specific gadget model and its version of the operating system. It is recommended to take this information only on the official website of the manufacturer.
- Download the selected program on a PC, run it.
- Connect a locked gadget.
- Follow the on-screen instructions clearly.
Any deviation from the recommendations can turn the device into a so-called “brick”. The smartphone will stop responding to any key combinations, which means it will not turn on. It is quite difficult to fix errors made during the flashing process, moreover, it is almost impossible. For this reason, the manufacturer recommends contacting official service centers if such an operation is necessary.
Additional pin code
Some smartphone models support the function of an additional pin-code with which you can unlock the device. It is better to set such a code immediately after purchasing the device in order to minimize the likelihood of problems with unlocking it.
To make it possible to use an additional security combination, it is enough to enter the main password incorrectly several times. After that, the screen will display the inscription “Additional pin-code”, as a result of clicking on which a field for entering.
Find My Mobile service
Samsung manufacturers offer their customers to use the Find My Mobile service in case the password or pattern has been forgotten. Its use will help unlock a smartphone linked to a Samsung account and connected to the wireless Internet.
In order to return the ability to freely use the gadget, you must:
- Go to the service website.
- Fill out the login form (email address and password must match the account associated with the locked gadget).
- Press the “Login” button.
- Click on the found phone in the upper left corner. If there are several, use the slider to find the device you want.
- Opposite the list of devices there is a menu, here you need to select the “” item to see all the features of the program.
- Click on the item “Unlock device”, and enter the password for the account.
After re-entering the password, the smartphone will be unlocked.
Important! If the gadget was not previously connected to the service account or the password for it was forgotten, you will have to use another unlocking method.
How to unlock your Samsung smartphone if you forgot your password
There are many ways to unlock your Samsung smartphone without using a password. The choice depends on the abilities of a particular person and the model of the gadget itself.
How to Factory Reset Samsung: 2 Ways
- From the recovery menu.
- From the system settings menu.
Reset from the recovery menu, performed before the operating system boots, which is important when the device does not start or does not allow entering the settings.
Clearing out of system preferences is easier, making it easy for any novice user to handle. In this case, you should get to the corresponding section, which requires a working operating system.
How to Factory Reset Samsung Phone?
Service code in the dialer
This cleaning method is possible using the Samsung Service Tag. It works only on some devices, and it also affects the contents of memory cards, so we recommend removing the USB flash drive from the phone before use.
- Open your device’s dialer app (preferably standard, but most third-party apps work as well).
The device will immediately start the reset process and reboot when finished.
The method is extremely simple, but fraught with danger, since no warning or confirmation of the reset is provided.
Summing up, we note that the process of factory resetting Samsung phones is not much different from other smartphones on Android. In addition to those described above, there are more exotic reset methods, but most ordinary users do not need them.
How to soft reset Galaxy S8
Resetting data using buttons
This method will help in a situation when the phone or tablet cannot be turned on, or the screen is locked.
- Disable device.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Home button (bottom center) Power Volume Up.
- If your phone has a Bixby button (to the left or right under the volume buttons), you must press and hold the Power buttons, Volume Up, Bixby, at the same time.
- If there are no Home and Bixby buttons, press and hold the Power Volume Up buttons at the same time.
After “Samsung Galaxy…” appears on the display, release the “Power” key. Continue to hold the remaining buttons until the “Recovery” mode appears (approximately 5-15 seconds). Recovery is a device reboot mode in the form of a text menu.
If Recovery does not appear, you need to repeat steps 1-3 again with a longer hold of the specified keys.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Hard Reset || Pattern Unlock || Factory Reset
- Press the “Volume Down” key to select the “Wipe data / factory reset” menu.
- Confirm selection by pressing the “Power” key.
- Then use the “Volume Down” button to find the item “Yes” or “Yes. Delete all user data”.
- Press the “Power” key to confirm the deletion of all data from the device.
- When the main menu appears, find the line “Reboot system now” and confirm the selection by pressing the button on “Power”.
- Reboot and reset all phone data to factory settings.
If the device does not turn on after a reset (freezes)
Contact the Samsung service center, you need to reinstall the firmware using the engineering method.
If the device does not turn on after a reset, a Google account is required
This hard reset option is applicable when the device cannot boot the system. for example, during a cyclic reboot (bootloop).
- Turn off your device. To enter “Recovery Mode”, simultaneously hold down the buttons for turning on the screen, “Volume Up” and “Home”. If your device does not have the last key, then just hold down the screen turn on plus “Volume Up”.
- When the standard screen saver appears on the display with the inscription “Samsung Galaxy”, release the screen power key, and hold the rest for about 10 seconds. The recovery-mod menu should appear. If it did not work out, repeat steps 1-2 again, while holding the buttons a little longer.
- Once you have access to Recovery, press the Volume Down button to select Wipe data / factory reset. After selecting it, confirm the action by pressing the screen activation key.
This system reset option will clear memory bypassing Android, allowing you to fix the bootloop mentioned above. As in other methods, this action will delete all user data, so a backup is desirable.