Error Code 80070103 When Updating Windows 7
The key to computer security is the use of the latest versions of the OS, drivers, and antivirus. It’s hard to believe, but it is the new drivers that cause problems with the system update. Let’s look at what the Windows 7 update error 80070103 means and how to fix it?
Causes of occurrence and how to fix it?
Before installing the service pack, the operating system thoroughly checks the configuration of the computer: from physical malfunctions to software problems. Apparently this scanner from Microsoft works very poorly, because “Windows Update” does not see the installed new drivers and generates a Windows 7 update error with code 80070103. And as you know, without the latest drivers, installing new system components is impossible.
However, we have found a way out of this vicious circle and will tell you how to deal with a similar problem. Consider two effective methods.
Restart Update Center
To do this, do the following:
- Click the “Start” button and go to the “All Programs”. “Standard” directory.
- Right click on “Command Prompt” and select “Run as Administrator”.
- In the window that appears, type net stop wuauserv and press Enter.
- After the message appears on the console that the Windows Update application has successfully stopped, type net start wuauserv and press enter.
- After turning on the application, close the command line and try updating the OS.
Disabling automatic driver updates
Such things are best done manually by downloading the latest drivers from official sites. Therefore, it is recommended to disable the standard “update”:
- Go to the “Start” directory. “All Programs”. “Settings”. “Windows Update”.
- Click on the “Important Updates” button.
- Look for drivers in the list of updates, click on them with RMB and select “Hide”.
Now all drivers can be updated manually only and Windows Update will no longer bother with error 80070103. However, if the problem persists, follow this link and scan the computer with a special utility from Microsoft. The process is quite long, but this is the last opportunity to rectify the situation without resorting to a clean reinstall of the system.