Error 4013 when restoring iPhone 7
Developer suggested methods
Indeed, representatives of the developer company proposed their own correction method. But, as practice shows, it rarely works and 4013 iTunes Iphone error continues to occur over and over again.
Nevertheless, you also need to know them, since in some cases it can help:
- Restart computer hardware. sometimes this will fix a short-term failure.
- Update iTunes to the latest version.
- Update the profile software used on the PC.
- Try using an alternative USB cable that is guaranteed to be in good working order.
- Restart the mobile device itself.
The instructions are rather vague and ineffective, so it is recommended to use slightly different recommendations.
Fix error 4013 when restoring
Error 4013 when restoring Iphone 5s is a rather long-lived nuisance, as it also occurs on newer versions of Apple mobile devices.
Naturally, any owner of such equipment should have information on how to get rid of such a failure.
Alternative correction technique
So, “Iphone 6 and Iphone 7 Iphone error 4013“. how to fix it? Repeat the following steps:
- Find one program on the web. It is called UnistallTool. Naturally, you need to install and run it. After that. remove all traces of iTunes from the hard drive. After that, you can go to the official Apple website and install the latest version of this product.
- At the next stage, the gadget is connected to the computer (USB cable). Find it in the “device manager”, right-click and go to properties. Update drivers. Use the following path as source of files: C: / Program Files / Apple / Mobile Device / Drivers.
- The third step is to download and use the tinyumbrella special utility. It should be activated in the “exit recovery” mode.
In nine out of ten cases, this is enough for a solution. But there is still ten percent that this method may not help.
In this situation, the recommendations are as follows:
- Make sure that only the problematic mobile phone is connected to the computer. Replace the previously used firmware with a new one.
- Make sure the USB cable you are using is actually working. It is also worth evaluating the performance of the ports through which it connects. Usually there are a lot of them in the PC, you can try alternative.
Do not forget that the flashing is recommended only when the original battery and a similar charger are installed on the gadget. In addition, before this procedure, it is advisable to initially get rid of all software that performs protective functions on the phone. That is, find them and delete, then start flashing.
Sometimes such a nuisance interrupts the so-called recovery or renewal processes.
If so, the following instruction may help (of course, if you have fresh iTunes):
- Force restart the device. hold down the sleep and “home” buttons for ten seconds.
- Connect to PC with cable.
- You will be prompted to restore or update. Be sure to select only “Update” if the restoration process was interrupted, the “Restore” option. when the updating procedure was interrupted.
There is another rather original way to fix it, suggested by some owners of “Apple” technology in their comments. It involves sending the device to the freezer for about fifteen minutes, having previously protected it with a sealed bag. Does it help or not? It will be extremely difficult to answer accurately, since this option clearly does not belong to those that are usually recommended by experts.
If all else fails, then there is only one solution. a trip to a specialized service center. It is very important to take with you not only the smartphone itself, but also the USB cable. The fact is that this component is often the root cause of numerous troubles. For example, it may be damaged in some way. Or. not being an original Apple product, which is also fraught with negative consequences.
How error 4013 manifests itself?
Often, users face this problem after the next iOS update is released. That is, when trying to upgrade, the iPhone shows a cord, and when restoring via iTunes, an unknown error message 4013 appears.
It also happens that the “Apple” device generally functioned without any problems, but suddenly rebooted and shows only the Apple logo. Then it reboots again and so on in a circle. In this case, in most cases, an error is accompanied by the appearance of a red screen.
dr.fone toolkit. iOS System Recovery
Fix with various iOS system problems like recovery mode, white Apple logo, black screen, girth at start, etc.
How to fix error 4013 when restoring iPhone
You can fix the bug on Apple on your own; this does not require special skills. The problem appears when trying to update iOS version or restore data after repair. Before taking the iPhone to the service and sinning on the manufacturer, you should make independent attempts to correct the situation. Depending on the method by which the firmware was updated, the solution will also be carried out in a similar way.
Error 4013 when restoring iPhone 4s, 5s, SE, 6, 7, 8, X: red screen and restart
The iPhone could not be restored “error 4013” and a red screen and restart indicates a problem with contacts. One of the recovery methods is strong heating or cooling of the gadget for a period of 30-40 minutes. To carry out the work, you will need a professional soldering station and special skills.
Symptoms of Error 4013
- “Error 4013” appears and crashes the active program window.
- Your computer often stops working after displaying error 4013 when launching a specific program.
- “The iPhone [device name] could not be restored” is displayed.
- Windows is slow and slow to respond to mouse or keyboard input.
- The computer periodically freezes for a few seconds.
These 4013 error messages can appear during program installation, while a Apple Inc.-related software program is running. (such as iTunes), when Windows starts or shuts down, or even when installing the Windows operating system. Keeping track of when and where your Error 4013 occurs is a critical piece of information in troubleshooting the problem.
Fix iPhone error 4013 or iTunes error 4013 by clearing up space
IPhone error 4013 occurs when updating iOS. Thus, the problem can arise. if there is not enough space on your iPhone. to post a new update. Thus. you have to make sure. that there is enough space, and if not, then clean it.
Fix iPhone error 4013 by resetting all settings
This method also creates the risk of data loss, so you should first back up your iPhone data to iCloud or iTunes.
iTunes shows an unknown error 4013 when restoring the iPhone. which means you need to reinstall the program, after checking the official website for updates. How to reinstall:
- we start the program, in the upper part we find the “Help” tab;
- click on the “Updates” item and start the search process;
- if there are updates, a window will appear;
- press the update confirmation and start the process;
- after completion, the program will restart on its own.
You can also download the program from the official website.
The simplest method to fix a system crash is to reboot the devices. In this case, the computer restarts in the standard way, but for iPhone and other devices based on iOS, you need to perform a forced restart.
Repair 5S error 4013
To repair 5S with error 4013 and replace U4, we fixed the board to the board heater. We cleaned the compound around the microcircuit. Pay attention to cleaning the compound next to the U23 backlight IC. It has a glass body and is very fragile. The U4 was soldered with a hair dryer. We collected the remaining solder on the contact pad with a braid and cleaned the compound. We checked the connection with U1. central processing unit (CPU), for breaks. The connection between U1 and U4 is not broken. The contacts of the soldered microcircuit were prepared with a soldering iron and braid. IP Box 2 checked the removed nand for bad block (bad sectors). There were a lot of them, it was decided to replace U4 with another.
To check that the CPU is not damaged by the temperature, we flashed the 5S board without nand, received an error 40, which indicates that there is no drive on the board. We recorded information from the “old” nand and additionally saved it in a text document for further recording into the newly installed NAND Flash. Similarly prepared U4 taken from the included donor board.
We wrote down the serial number and MAC addresses from the “old” nand.
We rolled the newly installed drive with balls for bga soldering. We soldered U4 to the contact pad, setting it with a key. Checked with a laboratory power supply for short-circuit. No short circuit detected. We installed the 5S board in the client’s case, assembled the entire phone. Then they connected to iTunes. The phone was detected in recovery mode. Flashed 5S for the latest version of iOS. The phone was flashed and activated successfully.
In some cases, the emergency DFU mode, which is launched in emergency cases, helps to correct the situation. To complete the procedure, you must do the following:
- turn off the iPhone;
- we connect to the computer with the original USB cable;
- launch iTunes;
- press the “Power” button and hold it for 3 seconds and, without releasing it, press also “Home”;
- hold the buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds, then release the power button, and continue to hold the “Home” button until the program sees the iPhone in DFU mode.
After performing these manipulations, the “Restore iPhone” button will appear, by pressing which you will start the restoration.
Exposure to low temperatures. an extreme life hack will get rid of the error. The gadget is pre-turned off and put into the freezer in an airtight bag. The residence time in the freezer is 15 minutes. Then it is taken out of the refrigerator and left at room temperature. After acquiring normal temperature, it connects to the PC and turns on. The error should disappear, otherwise you should contact the service.
Using a different PC
Internal resources also wear out, which leads to incorrect operation.
If the problem persists, although the OS and the program are new, you should try updating the device on another PC.
Results of examination under a microscope
The next step was to carefully examine the board under a microscope. The inspection results are as follows:
- the board has not been repaired before,
- no traces of moisture found,
- no cracks in the compound were found,
- bushings are not damaged,
- nand native (the microcircuit is located on the compound)
We soldered the protective shield on the back of the board (side B) using the bottom heating TERMOPRO.
Dial-up with a multimeter. Using a multimeter in diode continuity mode, we checked the U4 power circuits for a short circuit. The measurements were carried out on capacitors installed in the PP3V0_NAND and PP1V8 power lines. No short circuit detected in the tested lines.