Do not disturb alarm on iPhone
How to turn off silent mode on iPhone without a button?
To make your phone truly quiet, you can turn off vibration in silent mode by going to Settings> Sounds. Locate the “Vibration in mute” switch and turn it to Off.
How to turn off the alarm on iPhone if the screen is not working?
So how do you turn off your iPhone if the sensor isn’t working? Take the device in your hands and simultaneously hold down the lock button and the “Home” key. Keep them pressed until the smartphone screen turns off. If you are using the seventh iPhone, then instead of the Home button, you will use the volume down key.
How to turn off all alarms on iPhone?
How to turn off all alarms on iPhone at once
Press and hold the Home key until Apple Voice Assistant is activated. Then say, “Turn off all alarms.”.
Where to find AirPlay on iPhone?
Screen Mirroring iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Connect your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible Smart TV.
- Open Control Center:…
- Click Screen Repeat.
- Select your Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible Smart TV from the list.
How to Turn Off iPhone 10 If the Screen Doesn’t Work?
How to Reboot iPhone X in Force Mode
- Quickly press and release the volume up key;
- Quickly press and release the volume down key;
- Press and hold the side button until the smartphone turns off.
How to set your iPhone alarm ringtone for free?
Launch the Clock application, go to the Alarm tab, click the Edit button in the upper left corner and select the desired set alarm or create a new one. To search for the desired song, go to the section Melody → Select a song.
How to turn off iPhone x without sensor?
How to restart iPhone X without home button?
- Hold the volume up button and quickly release
- Press and quickly release the volume down button
- Hold the power button until the smartphone screen darkens and then displays the Apple logo.
Setting up an alarm on iPhone
Since smartphones have become an indispensable thing for us, either originals or conservatives have used conventional alarm clocks. On Monday morning, he will wake you up with the voice of your boss or a cheerful melody, and on Saturday with your favorite song. It will ring until you press the desired button, and if you turn it off incorrectly, the smart alarm will remind you of itself after 10 minutes. You do not need to start it every day, you just need to create it once and it will lift you up itself every morning.
How to know if an alarm is on in iPhone
You can tell if your iPhone has an alarm on without going to the Clock app. If this application is active, a special icon will be displayed in the upper right corner of the phone, next to the battery indicator. Programmed for several days of the week, it will still be active, even if you turned it off today.
In addition to the ringtones embedded in the shell of your iPhone, you can set your own created ringtone or any melody from your phone to the alarm clock.
Low battery alarm behavior
Apparently, the developers of the software for the phone slept a couple of times when the phone was discharged during the night and the smart alarm did not work. Therefore, if the battery charge is low, the very last crumbs of energy are given to the iPhone alarm clock and it will wake you up even at 3% charge.
If you turn down the sound of the iPhona to a minimum, this will not affect the sound of the alarm clock, it will ring as loudly as always. It will also work when the Do Not Disturb and Airplane modes are on.
How to create an iPhone alarm clock
- Find the Clock app icon on your iPhone
- Click on it, the application will open and you will see the icon and the inscription “Alarm clock” on the bottom panel
- Select it and click on the “” sign in the upper right corner
- iPhone will open a window for creating a new alarm:
- First of all, we set the right time
- Then we click on the inscription “Repeat” and select the days when it should work. For example, we create an alarm clock for weekdays. We select all working days from Monday to Friday. A check mark should appear next to the name of the selected days. Click on the “Back” button and return to the main window.
- Go to the “Label” tab and come up with a name. For example, “To work”.
- Go to the “Sound” tab and select the melody you like from the available ringtones. The app allows you to listen to selectable sounds.
- We activate the “Repeat signal”. The smart alarm will sound again 10 minutes after you tap the screen if the iPhone was locked or if the “Later” button was pressed while the phone was unlocked.
- The app will shut down completely if you slide your finger over the “Unblock” label when it rings. And if at the time of the call the iPhone was unlocked, you need to press the “OK” button
You can create multiple alarms by setting them different times, days of the week and melodies.
What is Do Not Disturb on iPhone
When this option is enabled on your smartphone, all incoming calls, SMS and notifications from applications will not be displayed on the screen. The person who will call you will hear short beeps. After turning off the “Do not disturb” mode, you will receive notifications about all missed calls.
Note: This function is also automatically enabled if you activate sleep mode in the alarm clock app.
Do Not Disturb Mode and How to Turn It Off
Do Not Disturb is not the most popular iPhone feature, but it can be extremely useful if you are driving, have an important meeting or want to spend time in silence. Learn how to use, configure, and, if necessary, disable the Do Not Disturb feature on your iPhone in this article.
How to set up Do Not Disturb mode
This complex option has many additional settings that will allow you to customize its work for yourself. Let’s take a closer look at all the additional features of this mode.
To activate Do Not Disturb mode:
- Activate the function by clicking on the crescent moon icon;
- Hold this icon to go to the settings: you can specify the time during which you will not receive incoming calls. There are two options available. one hour and until tomorrow morning or tonight, depending on the time of day;
- You can also select the option “Until I leave the geolocation”, then the phone will automatically exit the quiet mode as soon as you leave the place where it was activated;
- For more detailed settings, select the “Schedule” line.
The screen with detailed configuration of the mode can be accessed through the iPhone settings.
- Planned. Activate the option and set the time interval in which the phone automatically goes into quiet mode. Here you can also turn on the dimming of the lock screen for a specified time.
- Silence. The “Always” option mutes all incoming calls and notifications, regardless of whether the smartphone is locked or not. If you select the second line, then incoming calls will be available when the phone is unlocked.
- Telephone. Here you can assign contacts from whom you will receive incoming calls even in Do Not Disturb mode. This can be all of the callers, favorites from your notebook, or a group of contacts that you select. By default, this feature blocks calls from all.
- Repeated call. Setting up in case you receive a call on an important matter: if the call from the subscriber repeats in three minutes, the iPhone will not mute it.
- Do not disturb the driver. The option is designed for those who are driving. It can be activated manually when you get into the car or set up one of the additional modes. The “Automatic” option will set your phone to “Do Not Disturb” as soon as it detects that you are driving (GPS motion detection). You can also configure the activation of the function after connecting to the Bluetooth of the car or CarPlay system.
- Answering machine. If you use this setting, then everyone who called your phone while it was in Do Not Disturb mode will receive a message. You can choose which of the contacts will receive a message in case of a call (no one, those who called recently, favorites or everyone), as well as compose a text for this message.
What is the function for
This option is convenient to use at work meetings, while driving, or just when you spend time with loved ones and do not want to be distracted. Don’t worry if you forgot to turn off the do not disturb mode on your iPhone: it will happen automatically after a specified time or when you change your location.
How to disable the feature on iPhone
Go to the control center (swipe the screen up from the very bottom) and re-click on the crescent moon icon to turn off the option.
There is a second, more complex, option for how to disable Do Not Disturb on iPhone:
- Go to “Settings”. “Do not disturb”;
- Set the topmost button on the page to “off”.
Will the alarm sound if my iPhone’s screen is off?
Yes, screen off is a normal power saving feature of your iPhone. As long as you touch the home button and it lights up again, the alarm will run on schedule.
Change your settings
If you don’t want to be disturbed at a certain time, you can set a schedule. Tap Settings Do Not Disturb and turn on Scheduled. Then set a time.
You can also choose when you want to receive alerts, calls, and notifications:
- Bedtime: When Bedtime is enabled, the Lock screen will dim, calls will be silenced, and notifications will appear under During Bedtime in the Notification Center until your scheduled Do Not Disturb ends.
- Silence: Choose to silence calls and notifications always or only when the device is locked.
- Allow Calls From: Allow calls from everyone, no one, your favorites, or specific contact groups stored on your device or iCloud.
- Repeated Calls: If someone calls you twice within three minutes, the second call isn’t silenced.
How Simple Silent Mode Differs from Do Not Disturb Mode?
Despite the fact that in each of these modes, any notification (be it a call or a new message) is not accompanied by a sound signal, these functions are very different from each other.
In the “Do not disturb” mode, the smartphone is able to filter calls and notifications, informing you only about the most important of them (for example, if a certain subscriber tries to call several times in a row or someone close to you calls).
In addition, unlike the silent mode, here you can enable the sound of multimedia applications (YouTube, music, games).
Last but not least, the difference between these modes is the ability to hide app notifications both in the notification shade and on app icons! That is, in the Do not disturb mode, you can make sure that the smartphone does not let you know about new events in any way. And as soon as he exits this mode, all notification icons will immediately appear in the curtain.
Thus, Do Not Disturb is a feature that will help your phone distract you less with unimportant and non-urgent notifications. Silent mode only turns off all sounds on the smartphone (which is also sometimes useful and even more appropriate).
Will the timer, reminder, notification go off?
Timers, calendar appointments and reminders work the same way as an alarm clock. If you set a timer and then turn off your iPhone, the timer will not work. Instead, when you turn your phone back on, the timer will go off immediately. presumably to remind you that you missed it.
Reader rating of this article: (11)
Do not disturb mode is a handy and useful feature that very few Android smartphone owners use. Its essence is to reduce the number of calls and notifications outside of working hours. over, many smartphones have an LED indicator for missed notifications, and a brightly blinking light in the middle of the night is not the best way to have a good rest.
In this article we will tell you how to set up this mode and use it as efficiently as possible.
By selecting the Enable on schedule menu item, you can set the days and times when your smartphone should switch to Do Not Disturb mode:
For example, you can configure so that your smartphone does not bother you on weekends from 8 pm to 10 am.
Unfortunately, Samsung’s shell does not support multiple schedules (say, for weekends. one time, for working days. another). On smartphones from other manufacturers (see below), more flexible schedule settings for enabling this mode.
Will the alarm work in Do Not Disturb mode?
By default, the alarm clock will work regardless of whether this mode is on or off. Also, most smartphones allow you to select the type of events and notifications that should be triggered even in Do Not Disturb mode.
For example, on Samsung smartphones, you can add the following events to the exception:
Will the alarm go off if my iPhone is off?
Not. The ringtone will not sound if your iPhone is turned off. If you want the alarm to go off, your iPhone must remain on. It can be in sleep mode (when the screen is off), in “Silent” or “Do not disturb” mode, the alarm will sound as in normal mode.
Sleep time tracking
Sleep Mode lets you set the number of hours of sleep you need each night. The Clock program will remind you to go to bed and wake you up in the morning.
Alarm won’t work on iPhone or iPad
Modern gadgets have dramatically changed life. Now, instead of letters, they write SMS, and many consider watches as an unnecessary attribute. And they get up in the morning not by the alarm, but by the beep of the iPhone. But if your iPhone’s alarm doesn’t go off, it can make life very difficult.
Consider possible ways to fix this problem, starting with iPhone 6.
How to change or delete an alarm
To change the alarm, follow these steps.
- Open the Clock app and go to the Alarm tab.
- Select the “Edit” option in the upper left corner.
- Select the desired alarm, make changes and click the “Save” button.
To delete an alarm sound, do the following.
- Swipe left on the alarm and tap the Delete button.
- Select the “Edit” option and then “Delete”.
- Select the “Edit” option, then the alarm and “Delete alarm”.
Will the alarm sound if the phone is turned off?
Many smartphone users are accustomed to turning their phones off at night. This is due to many reasons: they do not want to receive radiation from radio waves during sleep, do not want to wake up from someone’s call, etc.
Phones of the times when there were no smartphones yet activated the alarm at the set time, if the mobile phone was turned off before going to bed. However, this situation will not work in the case of the iPhone. As in the case of a complete lack of battery power, the entire iOS system turns off, so the alarm will not be able to go off.
Will the alarm go off if you turn on airplane mode?
Airplane mode or flight mode only disables the reception and transmission of the cellular signal. It becomes impossible to receive and make calls, send SMS messages, surf the Internet, etc.
When airplane mode is on, the iPhone alarm will work properly. The operating system as a whole is up and running, with only a few of its functions limited. This is good news for people who do not want to receive radiation from radio waves while they sleep.
If you are not yet familiar with the capabilities of the alarm clock on iOS, you will find it useful to read in detail how to set up an alarm clock on an iPhone. Don’t forget to charge your smartphone. Remember that the alarm will not work when the device is off, and you can oversleep for work or study. Switch on airplane mode if you do not want to receive any radiation while you sleep. Turn off the sound if you are afraid that someone might wake you up.
Learn how to set and change alarm times, ask Siri to set alarms, and track sleep times.
The Clock app lets you use your iPhone as an alarm clock. Just open the Clock app from the Home screen or Control Center. You can also ask Siri to set an alarm.
What happens if your phone runs out of power overnight?
It may happen that your iPhone runs out of power overnight. You may forget to connect it to a charger or the charger won’t charge your phone and you won’t notice. The phone will just turn off at night.
Will the alarm sound when the iPhone is off? Unfortunately, it will not be able to work in the morning. When the phone is turned off, the entire operating system is turned off, and the alarm clock is part of it. That is why there will be no signal in the morning.
Checking alarm settings
If you need to get up at the same time every day, it is better to set the daily call mode.
- open “Clock” and select “Alarm”;
- click on “” to add a new alarm clock, set the required time;
- press “Repeat” and select daily mode.
Eliminate the conflict of the built-in alarm clock with the installed application
If an app with an alarm function is installed on the smartphone, it may interfere with the built-in alarm. In this case, the third party application must be uninstalled. To uninstall the application you need:
- click on the application icon and hold until a cross appears in the upper left corner of the icon;
- click on the cross, after which the application will be deleted.
Note that you cannot undo a delete operation. The application will have to be reinstalled, but the data it contained will not be saved. If you don’t like the built-in alarm clock, you can, on the contrary, try to install a third-party alarm clock application.
“Sleep” (applications “Alarm” and “Health”)
In addition to the standard alarm clock, you can set up a sleep mode on the iPhone. a time interval before which a reminder of rest will appear, and after the expiration. a wake-up signal, similar to that in the first of the methods we have considered.
Launch the “Clock” application, go to the “Alarm” tab in it and, if you have not previously configured the sleep mode, activate the switch of the same name or tap the “Change” button indicated in the image below.
In the window with a notification that the “Sleep” function is disabled, tap “Enable”.
Then, opposite the first entry, click “Change”.
Will the Alarm Work if Your iPhone is Off, Silent, or Do Not Disturb?
Set your schedule on the watch face by first marking the time of going to bed and then waking up.
The “Health” application will open, in which the default schedule you created in the fourth step of the current instruction has already been set. Tap “Edit”.
Follow these steps:
In the “Active by day” field, mark the days on which the specified schedule will work and / or those on which it will not work.
Next, if necessary, change the time of going to bed and waking up.
Define additional parameters (sound, vibration, volume, etc.), similar to those in the paragraph of the current instruction.
Returning to the previous page, select the “Schedule for other days”.
It’s easy to guess that in this way you can set your own schedule for the whole week at once, and separately for weekdays and working days, or arbitrarily for each or several of them.
Optionally, you can also set your sleep goal, designate a rest period and change additional parameters. Involved in this method, “Health” is endowed with many useful functions; setting an alarm, setting up a sleep schedule and monitoring it (and this application also deals with this). only a small part of them.
Tip: For a more comfortable sleep, it is also recommended to set Do Not Disturb mode so that all sounds on iPhone are muted at night.
Branded watches from Apple can also be used as an alarm clock. In this case, it is enough to refer to both the first method from this article, after which a sound signal will be triggered on the accessory at a given time, and to resort to a separate setting, which will be discussed further.
- Launch the Alarm Clock app on your watch.
- Tap on the inscription “Add”.
Use the Digital Crown to select the desired wake-up time, then click Set.
Tip: If you want to set an alarm on Apple Watch that does not beep and is triggered by touching your wrist, activate silent mode. to do this, call the “Control Center” by touching the bottom border of the accessory screen, holding your finger a little, and then swiping up, and tap by the button with the image of a bell. A similar action can be performed on the iPhone, in the Apple Watch application along the following path: “My watch”. “Sounds, tactile signals”. “Silent mode”.
Using Apple Watch as a Desktop Alarm Apple Watch can also be used as a stand-alone alarm clock by placing it on your bedside table at night. For this:
- Open the “Settings” on your watch.
- Follow the path “Basic”. “Night mode” and activate it.
- If, after completing these steps, you connect your Apple Watch to a power source, its screen will display not only the charge status, current time and date, but also the time when the wake-up signal was triggered (provided that it was previously set). In order to see this information on the screen of an accessory, touch its display and slightly push (sometimes it is enough to push the table slightly for this).
Third party applications
In App Store, you can find quite a few applications, the main functionality of which is to solve the problem voiced in the title of the article. As an example, we will use one of these, noting that the algorithm for use in most cases is similar to.
Run the application and first of all grant it the necessary permissions.
In our example, these are access to location and sending notifications.
Read the simple instructions for use and / or description of the main features (depending on the application used).
Once on the main screen, tap the button for adding a new wake-up signal, which in most of these solutions is designed as “”, only its location may differ. In our case, for this you need to go to the screen on the right or select the appropriate item in the menu of the “”.
If the default alarm time suits you, just activate it. To add a new entry, tap “”.
Specify the desired wake-up time, and then define additional parameters (again, depending on the application used, they may differ).
The alarm will be assigned at the specified time, if necessary, you can turn it off or postpone it. If the entry needs to be temporarily deactivated or completely deleted, tap it to edit or select the item of the same name, and then use the corresponding button or option.
“Alarm clock” (application “Clock”)
The optimal and simplest solution to the problem voiced in the title of the article is to use the “Clock” application preinstalled on all iPhones.
Launch the “Clock” application and go to its bottom panel to the “Alarm” tab.
Tap the “” button in the upper right corner.
Define additional parameters:
Note: You can select either one of the standard melodies as a sound signal or ringtones and music purchased from iTunes, if any.
The alarm will be set at the selected time. If you need to change it, use the “Edit” item in the settings window, in which you can always delete a more unnecessary entry.
In addition to using the Clock application directly, you can ask Siri to set a wake-up signal. For this:
- Call the voice assistant in any convenient way, for example, by saying the command “Hello Siri” using the button on the iPhone body or by pressing the AirPods.
Sound the desired time and, if necessary, change the additional parameters discussed in the fourth paragraph of the previous instruction.
In terms of the result, this method is no different from the previous one, but for many users it will probably seem simpler and more convenient in its implementation.
Two Minute Tip: Mastering Do Not Disturb on the iPhone
Smartwatches and fitness bracelets
If you own a third-party smartwatch or fitness bracelet, you can set the wake-up signal on your iPhone in the proprietary application that provides such accessories. The most popular among those are solutions from Xiaomi, the use of which we discussed earlier in a separate article. In the case of gadgets of other brands, you will need to act by analogy.