Disabling Windows 7 Cmd Display
On traditional PCs, the lock screen (this is when the picture is displayed and the big clock) is almost 100% useless and requires the user only to make extra clicks. This instruction will tell you. how to turn off the lock screen in Windows 10.
Important: we describe the disabling of the lock screen, and not the interface of entering the operating system, on which the user must enter his password in the account. Changes will not affect this screen, which means that the login process will not be changed in any way.
Do not forget that only you are responsible for your computer. No one forces you to turn off the lock screen in Windows 10 by force.
Disabling the Windows 10 lock screen using the registry
To get rid of the screen, which displays not only the clock, but also the advertisement, we will use the registry editor.
- Click Win r. Enter in the line regedit and press Enter.
- Go to the section HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Authentication \ LogonUI \ SessionData the registry.
- Change value AllowLockScreen on the 0.
But the trouble is that after each reboot, the desired parameter resets its values. We must turn to more radical methods.
For reference: in Windows 10 Professional Edition, the lock screen could be disabled through the Group Policy Editor. In the Anniversary Update, this option was cut out for some reason.
Disabling Windows 10 Lock Screen Using Event Scheduler
- Open Event Planner on Windows. To do this, press the key combination Win R and enter the command Taskschd.msc.
- In the top menu, select Action. Create a Task. Call her what you like. For example “Turning off the lock screen”.
- Mark item Perform with the highest rights, a Customize for install Windows 10.
- Select tab a little higher. Triggers and create two triggers. Press button Create and from the parameter drop-down list Start task select At login. Make sure the box is checked. Any user. Similarly create a trigger for When unlocking a workstation by any user.
- Go to the next tab. Actions. Click Create and in the field Program or script indicate reg. In point Add arguments write the following:
add HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Authentication \ LogonUI \ SessionData / t REG_DWORD / v AllowLockScreen / d 0 / f
To check if the lock screen has turned off or not, lock the computer with a key combination Win L. The first time the lock screen still appears (this is the norm). Unlock the computer and then, when you turn on or lock the computer, you will go directly to the account login interface.
Note: After entering the system, a phantom window-frame may appear, which will immediately disappear. You have to put up with this.
To return everything to its place, open Event planner according to the instructions above and in the list of existing events, find the one you created and delete it.
How to remove lock screen (LockApp.exe) in Windows 10
Attention, this method is a bit radical! You can simply remove the lock screen. It is implemented in the operating system through a separate application, which is located in the folder C: \\ Windows \ SystemApps \ Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy. Just remove it and it’s in the hat. But in order to be able to return everything to its place, it is better to backup the folder with the lock screen. At the right time, you can return everything to its place.
However, you can not remove the LockApp.exe application and do not backup folders to disable the lock screen in Windows 10. It is enough to rename this folder with administrator rights, for example, adding any character to its name.
These simple steps are enough to turn off the lock screen in Windows 10 if it bothers you for any reason.