Delete Apple ID account
How to Delete Apple ID Account Easily
Apple yesterday unveiled a new website that reveals to proprietary technology users what information the company has about them. In addition to the main function, the resource allows you to burn all bridges by deleting your Apple ID account in just a few clicks.
Apple offers users who, for whatever reason, want to say goodbye to their Apple ID account, two ways. The first and most severe one is to completely delete your account, as well as all data about you that are in Apple’s possession, without the possibility of recovery.
- To do this, go to privacy.Apple.com, log in and on the main page, select the action “Delete account”.
- Select the reason for deletion and click “Continue”.
- Important: if there are unused funds in your account, it will not be possible to delete it until they are used or withdrawn.
- Accept the terms of the user agreement and choose a contact method that will notify you of successful deletion.
- Make a note of the short expiration code that you can use to restore your account. By entering it for the first time, you confirm your intention to delete your account.
- Once again, make sure what you lose when you remove your Apple ID, and click on the red delete key. The entire process can take up to seven days. During this time, your account will remain valid.
- Remember to sign out of the deleted account on all your devices!
The second option allows you to temporarily deactivate the account, for example, in case of a long absence in the country of its registration. At the moment, this function is not available in Russia, but it is unlikely to be more difficult to use than completely deleting an Apple ID account.
You can discuss this and other Apple news in our Telegram chat.
Longreads for you
If you have forgotten the password on your iPhone or iPad, especially if the device has been idle for a long time, do not despair. there are special applications that allow you to remove the password in one click. And you can use your device again!
Have you ever washed your money in a washing machine? And some wash entire Airpods! And they lose them in the most unusual places. Here are the top stories of lost Airpods, and at the same time a couple of life hacks on what to do in such cases.
Many apps run on the M1 through the Rosetta 2 emulator and feel great. However, native support is still better. Here’s how to check if an adapted version of a Mac application is released for ARM architecture
complete Apple ID removal
Please note that after deleting your Apple ID account, you will lose access to all content purchased through that account. Only delete your account when you really need it, for example, if you needed to free the associated email address to re-register your account (although the second method is fine for this).
There is no automated process for deleting a profile in Apple ID’s settings, so the only way to permanently get rid of your account is to contact Support Apple with a similar request.
- To do this, go to the Apple support page at this link.
- In the block “Apple specialists” click on the button “Get help”.
Since the section we need is not in the list, select “Other sections about Apple ID”.
Select “Topic not in the list”.
As a rule, the system offers to contact support by phone. If you have this opportunity right now, select the appropriate item, and then enter your phone number.
How to remove Apple ID
Removing your Apple ID account
Below we will consider several ways to delete an Apple ID account, which differ in purpose and execution: the first will allow you to permanently delete your account, the second will help you change your Apple ID data, thereby freeing up your email address for new registration, and the third will delete the account from the Apple device.
change Apple ID information
This method is not really deleting, but editing your personal information. In this case, we suggest changing your email address, name, surname, payment methods for other information that is not related to you. If you need to free your email, just editing the email address will be enough.
Follow this link to the Apple ID management page. You will need to log in to the system.
In the edit line, you can, if necessary, change your first and last name. To edit the linked email address, click on the “Edit Apple ID” button.
You will be prompted for a new email address. Enter it and then click on the “Continue” button.
Finally, you need to open your new mailbox, where you should receive a message with a confirmation code. This code must be entered in the appropriate field on the Apple ID page. Save changes.
On the same page, go down to the “Security” block, near which also select the “Change” button.
Here you can change your current password and security questions to others not related to you.
And finally, you can unbind the tethered Apple Idi devices. To do this, find the “Devices” block, where the linked computers and gadgets will be displayed. Click on one of them to display an additional menu, and then select the “Delete” button below.
Having completely changed the information about your Apple account ID you, consider that you deleted it, since the old email address will be free, which means that, if necessary, you can register a new profile on it.
remove Apple ID from device
If your task is simpler, namely, not deleting the profile, but only decoupling the Apple ID from the device, for example, if you want to prepare the device for sale or log in under a different Apple ID, the task can be completed in two steps.
To do this, open the settings on the device, and then at the top click on your Apple ID.
Go down to the very end of the list and select “Exit”.
Tap on the item “Sign out of iCloud and Store”.
To continue, if you have activated the “Find iPhone” function, you will need to enter your Apple password ID to disable it.
At the moment, these are all methods for removing Apple ID.
How to remove Google Account verification during setup
This is similar to the method above, however, it is a little more practical. It is worth trying if the above method does not work for you.
This reset works on almost all Android devices, although Google regularly updates security flaws in its products and it may be addressed in the future.
- Perform a factory reset on your device by going to Settings General Management or General Settings Reset.
- Continue setup normally until you can connect to Wi-Fi.
- Click on the text box for the Wi-Fi password.
- The keyboard should be displayed. Press and hold the spacebar on it.
- Select English from the menu that appears.
- You will be returned to the Wi-Fi connection screen. Enter the password for your network.
- Continue the installation process until you see the prompt to enter your Google account information. Click in the text box to enter your email address or phone number on this screen.
- Press and hold the @ symbol on the displayed keyboard.
- Select Google Keyboard Settings from the next menu.
- Tap the three-dot menu and select “Help & Feedback”.
- Select Google Search and submit the results from the keyboard on the next screen.
- A web page will open. Tap and hold any word on the page until a menu appears, then tap Search the Web and select Google App.
- After that, search for settings on the web page.
- Click the settings gear icon in the drop-down menu of available options.
- Select Backup & Reset.
- Click on Factory Data Reset.
- After that, you must go through the account setup again. When prompted this time for google account verification, you should be able to just skip it and everything else after it.
Once the installation is complete, you will be able to use your device, this time without Google account verification.
how to delete your Apple ID account permanently
How to bypass verification by resetting your Android device
If the previous method didn’t work, you can reset your phone to factory defaults and go through the network connection settings to delete your Google account along with the confirmation that accompanies it during the installation process. Like the previous option, this will completely delete your Google account.
- Continue with the reset process. When you get to the verification part of your Google account, click the Back button to return to the wireless network selection screen.
- Select the Add network option.
- Enter a string of random letters and / or numbers in the Network Name (or SSID) text box.
- Press and hold the line you just entered to highlight it, then tap Share in the menu that appears.
- Select Gmail from the list of sharing options that appears.
- On the next page, click on Notification. then go to app settings.
- Click on the three-dot menu in the upper right corner of the page and select Account.
- Go to setup when prompted.
- Select “Backup & Reset” “Factory Data Restore” in the “Settings” menu.
- As with the previous method, your Google account will be deleted along with FRP blocking.
How to Delete Apple ID Account Permanently
Almost every Android device uses a Google account for activation. For added security, a Factory Reset Protection (FRP) feature has been added to Android. However, it is a pretty handy tool that can also become a serious problem if you forget the Google name and password you used to set up your device. If this happens, it’s good to know how to remove your Google Account verification, and this article will show you how to do it.
How to disable FRP to bypass Google account verification
- Removing FRP protection is probably the fastest method on our list. By following the instructions below, you will completely delete your Google account from your device, including all applications associated with it, such as Gmai.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Cloud and Accounts (or just Accounts on some devices).
- Click Accounts.
- Find and select your Google account.
- Click “Remove Account”.
- Confirm that you want to delete your account if prompted.
Once your Google account has been successfully deleted, you no longer have to deal with FRP blocking. This is recommended if you are selling or giving your phone to someone else. Removing your credentials will protect your privacy and security.
How to remove Google FRP lock
Unfortunately, bypassing Google Account verification and FRP blocking is not as easy as opening Settings and turning something off. This will take a while, and there are several ways to do this on top of this. I am going to outline them all in this guide.
Please be aware that different brands of Android devices such as Samsung, Huawei, Alcatel, LG may differ slightly. There may be a slight difference between the steps below depending on which Android device you have, but the general steps apply to all of them.
How to Bypass Google Account Verification Using the APK Tool
Our fourth and final way to bypass Google Account verification if all else has failed so far. this is a use application known as APK or Android Package Kit. You will have to install the app on your Android device and it will pass Google Account verification for you. If you haven’t tried all of the above methods yet, I suggest you go through them first, because this is the hardest on the list.
Installing and using APKs is a little more complicated than installing an app directly to your phone. The exact way to install the APK and use it to install the app on your phone depends on the make and model of your phone, but the basic steps are as follows:
How to delete your Apple ID account
In the first half of 2018, Apple introduced a tool that allows users to manage their personal Apple ID information. So, for example, it became possible to download all personal data that was collected by the company within the account. If necessary, this information can be supplemented, in case the data has lost its relevance or was indicated incorrectly. Among other things, users also got the long-awaited ability to delete their Apple ID account.
Previously, Apple did not provide an easy way to delete your Apple ID account. Users needed to contact technical support and then wait several weeks while waiting for the removal procedure. Now all this is in the past. the company has simplified the removal process as much as possible, and now it only takes a few minutes of free time. But before we start, let’s explore all the nuances and pitfalls.
So what happens after deleting an account?
Before deleting an account, Apple recommends that you take the following steps: log out of your Apple ID account on all devices and computers you use, and create a local backup of your data.
How to delete your Apple ID account?
- Go to the Data & Privacy web page. Log in with the required Apple ID account.
- In the “Data Management” section, we find the item “Account Deletion” and select “Start”.
- After examining all the information provided on the web page that opens, select the desired reason for deleting your account, and then click on “Continue”.
- Select “Continue” again, having read all the information provided.
- Next, we indicate the method of obtaining information about the state of the account. You can choose your own or a backup email address, as well as a phone.
- After that, we will receive an access code, which must be written down or remembered. Only with the help of this combination it will be possible to cancel the deletion of the account when contacting technical support.
- We indicate the received code on the next web page and confirm our intentions to delete the account. All is ready!
How to Delete Apple ID
You can discuss this article in the comments or in our Telegram chat.
Longreads for you
For Macs on Intel and M1, the new Silver Sparrow malware has been released and has already affected thousands of computers. So far, it does nothing and has a self-destruct mechanism, which makes it very difficult to detect. Experts gave several recommendations on how to protect yourself from the new threat.
Apple requires developers to ask users for permission to collect data and explain why they need it. This is a real war and redistribution of the advertising market on the Internet.
Google Chrome has long been suspected of in all the troubles of Apple computers, and it seems for good reason. It turned out that it was enough to uninstall the browser to make the Mac stop slowing down. But is this really the only reason?
I created an American account somehow. Now I know how to remove it. Useful article
How to delete your Apple ID account?
How to sign out of someone else’s Apple ID?
Remove a linked iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Click Settings [your name] and select “iTunes Store & App Store”.
- Choose your Apple ID.
- Click View Apple ID. You may need to sign in.
- Scroll down to the “iTunes in the cloud” section and click “Remove this device”.
How to sign out of the old owner’s Apple ID?
Sign out of iCloud, iTunes Store, and App Store. If you are using iOS 10.3 or later, go to the Settings menu of [your name]. Scroll down and click Sign Out. Enter your Apple ID password and click Turn Off.
How to untie iCloud from iPhone?
First, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Then you should go to the “Find iPhone” section. In it, you need to select “All devices” and then. in the list that appears. find the smartphone that you want to untie. Click “Erase iPhone” and then confirm your decision.
How to delete iCloud account?
- Go to the Data & Privacy web page. Log in with the required Apple ID account.
- In the “Data Management” section, we find the item “Account Deletion” and select “Start”.
How to remove the old owner ID?
- Sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.
- Open Find My iPhone.
- Click “All devices” at the top of the screen.
- Select the device you want to remove from iCloud.
- Click Erase [device].
- Click “Remove from Account”.
Sign out of a family subscription?
Go to Settings [your name] Family Sharing. On iOS 10.2 or earlier, select Settings iCloud Family. Click [your name]. Select “Leave Family”.
If you don’t want to completely delete your iPhone account, you can simply replace your current email. This will give you the ability to link another account to your email. This can be done in two ways:
- Through the official website.
- Via iTunes.
Please note that you must have access to the new mailbox. Previously, it was possible to specify a non-existent address, but now a confirmation from the mail is required.
How to Delete Account on iPhone: Apple ID and iCloud
You may need to delete your account on iPhone 4, 5 or more advanced models if you need to sell your phone, change your account, or create a new profile with a valid email address. In any case, it is worth taking a closer look at how to deactivate an account on an iphone.
The second way is to free mail through iTunes.
- Open the program and click on the “Account” button located at the top of the window.
- Please sign in. Skip this step if you’ve already signed in through iTunes before.
- In the same context menu, click “View”.
- On the right side of the window there is a line “Edit to Appleid. Apple.com “.
- You will be redirected to the official website, where you will have to select your country of residence.
- After that, you need to repeat the last three steps mentioned above in the instructions for the official website.
This method is not popular, because if there is a valid mailbox, users prefer to register a new account for it, rather than mess with old mail.
- A photo.
When you uninstall iCloud, this information will disappear from your iPhone. Therefore, think carefully about whether you definitely need to delete cloud storage.
- In iPhone settings, go to iCloud.
- Select the line “Delete account” located at the bottom of the page.
- Confirm deletion.
- The phone will ask you whether to save contacts and safari data on the phone or delete them. The choice is yours.
- Next, enter the password and disable the “Find iPhone” function.
After these steps iCloud will be completely removed from your phone.
On iPhone, changing your account is much easier than deleting it entirely. This does not require a computer, all actions are performed directly in the device itself.
- First, go to the settings of your device.
- In iOs 11, just click on the first line, which contains your first and last name. In earlier versions, open “iTunes store, App Store”.
- Users of the latest version of the system need to scroll to the end of the page and click “Exit”. In previous versions, click on your Apple ID and log out.
- After you log out of your account, you can connect a new one.
Changing your account takes just a few minutes. This is the easiest and fastest way to quickly delete your account on iPhone.
Remove Apple ID completely
Unfortunately, you can’t completely remove an Apple ID yourself. The only way is to contact Support. To do this, you need to send a request and wait for a response from Apple. Previously, it was possible to ask for account deletion by letter. After updating the site, Apple has improved this option. Now, in order to send an appeal, you need to:
- Go to the official website
- Open the section “Support” and click on the line “Contact Support”.
- Scrolling down the page a little, you will see the “Apple Specialists” section. Click on the blue line “Getting help”.
- Select Apple ID Icon. Other Apple ID Issues. Unspecified Subject.
- You will then be asked to briefly explain your request. It is advisable to write in English or use an online translator.
- Further, you have two options to choose from: contact now or later.
You just have to wait for a call from a specialist who will need to explain the current situation.
Through the official website
In order to change mail through the Apple website, follow these steps:
- Open the Apple website and scroll down to the “Manage your Apple ID” line.
- By clicking on the link, enter your data and log in to the site. After that, answer the two security questions that you specified during registration.
- Click on the “Change” button next to your data.
- Select Change Apple ID and enter your new email. Answer your security questions. If you forgot them, click “Reset”.
- After that, open the confirmation letter sent to your mailbox.
Done. Your account is no longer linked to your mail and you can register a new Apple ID.
Removing Apple ID from Windows / Mac Computer
Your Apple ID is most likely associated with all iOS devices that you signed in with that Apple ID. With iTunes and computer. It is usually safe to remove an Apple ID from a computer or Mac to remove these associations, more like a blank board.
How to Remove Apple ID from PC / Mac via iTunes
Step 1 Open iTunes on your PC / Mac and click “Account” “View my account”.
Step 2 Under Account Information, click Deauthorize All to remove all authorizations from your computer associated with your Apple ID. In the pop-up window, click “Deauthorize all computers”.
Step 3 In the “iTunes in the cloud” section, click on “Manage devices” and remove all listed devices.
Warning Mac users will also need another way to more thoroughly remove Apple ID on Mac.
Step 4 On your Mac, click the Apple icon in the “Menu Bar” and open “System Preferences”.
Step 5 Click on iCloud and then sign out.
How to Remove Apple ID from iPhone / iPad Directly
It is possible to directly delete Apple ID on your iOS device. This method does not require a computer connection, iTunes, additional applications, or even complicated steps. Check out this simple tutorial below.
Step 1 On your iPhone, go to Settings, click on your Apple ID, and then click Sign Out on the pop-up window to remove your Apple ID.
Step 2 Now go to Settings iCloud, scroll down and exit.
Note: You can use your Apple ID in multiple places, so make sure you sign out or deactivate your Apple ID account for iCloud, iMessages, FaceTime, Game Center, and more. You can also delete personal information associated with your account by logging into the My Apple ID portal.
Remove Apple ID from iPhone / iPad (permanent method included)
How to permanently remove Apple ID from iPad / iPhone
The first method can disable Apple ID from iOS device. But this is rather a temporary answer. If you switch to your new Apple account and continue using your old iPhone, this method works best.
However, if you are looking for a permanent solution to delete Apple ID account, you will need a top quality iOS data cleaner to successfully delete Apple ID account from iPhone.
Remove Apple ID from iPhone / iPad Permanently with iPhone Unlocker
Although its name is iPhone Unlocker, it can also help you remove Apple ID or password on iPhone. Aiseesoft iPhone Unlock is the best professional software to help users remove Apple ID and password. It has 3 modes for users. Wipe Passcode, Remove Apple ID and Remove Screen Time. Try this app for free now to regain access to your iPhone.
- Easily clear your existing Apple ID with just one click.
- Unlock Locked iPhone and Remove Screen Time Passcode
- Remove various 6-digit lock screen codes, Touch ID and Face ID.
- Compatible with the latest iPod / iPad / iPhone running iOS 14/13.
Step 1 Launch Aiseesoft iPhone Unlocker
Launch iPhone Unlocker on your computer and select “Remove Apple ID” mode.
Step 2 Connect iOS device to computer with USB cable.
Connect your iOS device to your computer with a USB cable. After your device is detected, it will remind you to click “Trust” on your device.
Click the Start button to start the process.
And here are two Find My iPhone situations about your iPhone. We think it will be useful for you as well.
Situation 1. If Find My iPhone is disabled
If Find My iPhone is disabled on your iOS device, iPhone Unlocker will immediately start deleting your Apple ID. Wait a while, your Apple ID and iCloud account will be deleted.
Situation 2. If Find My iPhone is enabled
If Find My iPhone is enabled on your device, you need to reset all settings on your device. On your device go to Settings General Reset. Select Reset All Settings to continue. If you need to enter a password, please enter it and confirm to reset all settings.
After confirming to reset all settings, your device will start deleting Apple ID automatically. During the process, do not disconnect your device.
Note. If your device is running iOS 11.4 and later, you need to turn off Find My iPhone by clicking Settings iCloud Find My iPhone and then turn off Find My iPhone.
After the process completes, the Apple ID and iCloud account will be removed from your device. You can now set up your device with a different Apple ID or a new one.
[Guide] How to Permanently Remove Apple ID from iPhone / iPad / Mac / Windows Computer
This does not occur to many iOS users when they need to remove an Apple ID. but if this is done to protect your privacy, we recommend that you do so. Specifically, whether you are going to sell an old iPhone or give it to other friends, switch from Apple to another Android brand, replace a jailbroken account, etc., you need to delete your old Apple ID if other people use it and harm your interests.
Then, how to remove Apple ID permanently? Since deleting Apple IDs is not that common, many people find it odd to deal with it. I’ve seen many people ask questions like “how to remove an Apple ID” on the forums.
In this article, I have listed all the ways to delete your Apple ID account permanently. You can choose one of the methods to remove Apple ID from iPhone, iPad or Mac according to your needs.
Delete your Apple ID permanently through Apple Support
Even though we’ve talked so much about how to delete your Apple ID account, there are several ways to erase most of the traces of your old Apple ID from all of your devices and computers. There is still no official, recommended route for deleting an Apple ID unless you refer to Apple’s privacy support page.
In this article, we have mainly provided you with three ways to remove Apple ID. For comparison, we recommend that you use the FoneEraser tool, this is the best way to permanently delete Apple ID account from iPhone.
If you just forgot your Apple ID, you don’t need to delete your Apple ID, but reset your Apple ID.Or if there is something wrong with your Apple ID, you can find tips to fix Apple ID not working issue.
Still have questions about how to remove your Apple ID? Feel free to leave your comments below.
This article introduces the best wireless projector control app for Android phone to help you connect Android to projector with ease.
Looking for good background music? This article brings you 10 best places to find background music for videos.
How to move apps / pictures / photos and other files to SD card? This article provides detailed instructions on how to upgrade to an SD card.
To fix iPhone locked screen, the clear password function can help you. And you can also clear Apple ID or Screen Time password easily.
Apple ID password recovery
Disable or limit in-app purchases on iPhone
Correcting e-mail on the Apple ID management page
If you want to get almost the same result, but now, you can use the method of “freezing” Apple ID by changing the mail name. Step by step it looks like this:
- We go to the official Apple website;
- We hammer “Apple ID” in the search engine;
- Click “Manage Apple ID”;
- Open an account (all information is located here: name, main address, alternative addresses in case the account password is lost);
- Change the current e-mail (for example, add three numbers between the first three letters). All three circles that appear during the change should be green.
- Save changes.
The Apple ID is now tied to a new, non-existent address. The old one can be used to create a new account. This five minute process demonstrates the following video.
Remove Apple ID directly from your device
This method allows you to quickly remove Apple ID from any device (for example, iPhone) and use a new one.
- Go to the home screen in “Settings”;
- Select “iTunes Store, App Store” in the settings;
- In this control panel, click the “Apple ID:.”
- After a sign with four inscriptions pops up on the screen:
- View Apple ID (View)
- Sign out
- iForgot (iForgot)
- Choose “Exit”.
When we re-enter the same menu, we will see that the current Apple ID has been deleted, and we were able to enter another, or create a new one. I hope I was able to tell you about something new and useful! Good luck!
Do not forget to read the comments, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, and there is an answer to later comments, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else’s time.
Removing a working Apple ID
From the moment I created my Apple ID, I have not had any thoughts to delete it or create a new one. But since the people demand, it was decided to write this article and share their knowledge in this area.
Correcting data in iTunes settings
This manipulation is similar to the previous method, but some differences are worth noting. So:
- Open the iTunes Store app and go to your account;
- We select “Account Information”. All information about the account will appear in front of us. Depending on the goals pursued, the settings can be changed as you like.
- If we plan to use an existing mailbox without deleting an account, or create a new one with old data (bank card, name, surname, etc.), we simply change the current e-mail to another, real one (otherwise we will not be able to confirm the changes).
In addition, you can delete devices linked to your account in the settings. All at once, or each separately. To do this, in the “Account Information”, you must click the “Deauthorize All” button, or “Delete” opposite the name of the device, the binding of which we want to unlink.
Removal through contacting the tech. support
This method is the only one that permanently deletes Apple ID, i.e. in the future you will not be able to restore it using the same e-mail. The other three methods only suspend the action, and do not delete the account, although in general the result is almost the same, nevertheless it is up to you to decide which one is best for your particular case.
So! What steps need to be taken to permanently and irrevocably remove? Let’s follow it below:
- In order to remove Apple ID, go to the official website in Support;
- In the form that opens, fill in the fields (“required”. required). We write the request in English. If knowledge of the language does not allow you to write a letter yourself, we create an appeal using any online translator. Text created in this way, as a rule, is not a reason for refusal.
- in the line “Email address”. be sure to indicate the email from which the Apple ID was created.
- in the line “Subject”. we write about the desire to delete the account.
- in the line “Comment”. indicate the reasons for deletion.
- We send a message by clicking “Submit Suggestion”.
After a certain time (from a week to a month), a letter from the technical support service will be sent to the mail. It will contain a link confirming the deletion of the account. You need to go to it and delete your account without the ability to create a new one using your old mail.
Why remove Apple ID?
In fact, by “removing Apple ID” most users mean decoupling the identifier from a specific device. For example, when buying or selling an iPhone or iPad, so that the new owner does not get access to correspondence in iMessage, personal photos, contact list and in order to avoid problems in the future when using the device directly, it is necessary to unlink the iPhone or iPad from iCloud (delete Apple ID) and disable activation lock (Find iPhone, Activation Lock).
Another common case is the use of content from one account by multiple users. For example, there is a “corporate” Apple ID for which the necessary set of content has been purchased (applications from the App Store, books in iBooks, Apple Music subscriptions, whatever), and ordinary employees at the right time (for example, to install updates) leave their personal Apple ID accounts and are authorized under the “corporate”.
However, there are also cases when Apple ID needs to be deleted irrevocably. The ability to do this without directly contacting Apple’s technical support service appeared only recently, we will tell you about how to completely destroy all data about yourself stored on the company’s servers.
Remove iCloud (Apple ID), or How to Unlink iPhone or iPad from Apple Account?
How to unlink your ID before selling or transferring an iPhone
When clearing a smartphone from user data, many make the same mistake. they manually delete their contacts, media files, calendars and reminders. If your iPhone is linked to an Apple ID account, and these phones are synchronized in iCloud, then manual cleaning will delete your data in the cloud storage.
The correct aLGorithm for cleaning the iPhone from personal data:
- Disconnect the connection between Apple Watch and your smartphone. If you do not have a connection to a smartwatch, then proceed to the next item. We will write below how to break this pair.
- Back up your data.
- Now on your iPhone, you need to sign out of the iCloud, iTunes Store and App Store apps.
- For iOS 10.3 and higher you need to go to “Settings.” “Username” and click the “Sign out” button. The system will ask for a password from Apple ID, only after that the “Turn off” button will appear.
- For iOS 10.2 and below, you need to uninstall separately for each application in the “iCloud” and “iTunes Store and App Store” sections. Both sections are located in the Settings menu. We go into them, scroll to the end and press the “Exit” key. The gadget will also ask for the Apple ID password to perform operations.
- Now you can start deleting all user data on your phone. We go to “Settings”. “General”, and there we open “Reset”. “Erase content and settings”.
For phones where the Find My Device lock service has been enabled, you must additionally provide your password and Apple ID. Then you should click “Erase [gadget name]”. This way new users will have no problem establishing their accounts.
How to check if there are unfamiliar devices associated with your Apple ID account
To make sure that there are no devices that do not belong to you associated with your Apple ID account (perhaps, you are being followed), do the following.
Open the Settings app and go to the Apple ID section (where your first and last name appears).
You will see a list of devices that are also tied to the Apple ID that you are using.
Select an unfamiliar device that does not belong to you.
Click “Remove from Account” and then “Remove”.
Change your Apple ID password immediately by:
- launch the Settings app and go to the Apple ID section.
- select Password & Security, and then click Change Password.
- Change your password. You can learn more about Apple ID password requirements in this article. And how to come up with complex passwords and never forget them, we talked about here.
How to untie Apple Watch from your phone
It should be understood that when the watch-phone pair is broken, all personal Apple Watch settings will be deleted, and the factory settings will be installed instead. But without this action, we will not be able to delete the account from the iPhone. But do not worry, because all data will be saved in a backup copy, which you can install on a new device.
It will not be possible to untie remotely, so make sure that both devices are close.
- Launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Go to the “My Watch” section. All the clocks with which the phone is paired are displayed here. You need to untie everything.
- Tap on the “i” icon opposite the name of your watch.
- In the menu that opens, select “Unpair Apple Watch”.
- The iPhone will ask you if you want to delete the pair. Also, the gadget may ask you to enter the account password.
If a tariff plan from a mobile operator was installed on your watch, then you can terminate the service agreement, if such an opportunity was provided in the terms of the agreement. When you connect your watch to a new device, your tariff plan will be saved.
In order to bind Apple Watch to a new gadget, you will need to delete all old data from them. Then they can be restored from the backup, but for the first connection with another phone, the clock settings must be reset. In order to erase all information, go to the smartwatch interface in the “General” section in the “Settings” menu. There you need to select the “Reset” item, and then click “Erase content and settings”.
Disable Apple ID from smartphone
First you need to go through the Settings to the Apple cloud resource. iCloud. Having done this, you should scroll the window to the very end and double-click on the Exit button.
Then the system will ask you what to do with the data stored in the cloud. All this, of course, must also be removed. Here iOS will ask you to enter your Apple ID password to confirm the deletion. and you need to be ready for this.
In theory, after these steps, your device is untethered from the previous owner’s Apple ID. However, to be absolutely sure that during the next update, the smartphone will not ask you to enter a password you do not know, you should do something else.
Go to Settings. General. Reset and select the “Erase content and settings” tab. After that, the system can again request to enter the password of the previous owner. Do this, then click “Erase iPhone”.
Now all the data of the previous owner has been deleted and you can attach the device to your account with a clear conscience.
Sign out on a Mac computer
- Choose Apple menu System Preferences.
- Click your Apple ID, then click Browse. If using macOS High Sierra or earlier, click the iCloud icon.
- Click the “Exit” button.
- If you want to save a copy of your iCloud data on your Mac before signing out, select the check boxes. Then click “Leave a copy”.
- If you want to save a copy of Safari passwords on your Mac, click Save on This Mac.