Customizing Apple Id Long Creates
This article provides instructions on signing in and using iCloud.
Beginning of work
- Make sure your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC has a reliable Internet connection.
- Go to the Apple System Status page and make sure that there are currently no outages or scheduled maintenance that could affect the performance of iCloud.
- Upgrade your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch to the latest version of iOS, and your Mac to the latest version of macOS. See the iCloud system requirements article for more information.
- Make sure all of your devices are signed in to iCloud using the same Apple ID.
If additional assistance is required
If after performing the above steps the problem persists, try the steps below, choosing the most appropriate description of your situation.
Cannot find command to configure iCloud on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. If you try to sign in with your Apple ID while iCloud is setting up on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, a warning appears that authentication failed
Go to your Apple ID account page and try signing in. If this fails, reset your Apple ID account password by following the instructions on the site.
When you try to log into iCloud from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, the message “This Apple ID is not supported.”
The ability to use the current Apple ID to configure iCloud depends on how it was created. If your Apple ID works with the iTunes Store, App Store, Game Center, FaceTime, or other Apple services, you can use it for iCloud. For help resolving this issue, contact iCloud Support.
Unable to sign in to iCloud on Mac due to authentication request
Make sure your macOS account has administrator privileges. If a computer is logged on to a regular user account without administrator rights, a request for authentication may appear: “Program “System settings” trying to change the configuration of directory services. ” Enter the administrator name and password to allow configuration changes in the System Preferences program.
Logging on to an Administrator Account (OS X Lion 10.7.5 or later)
- From the Apple () menu, select End Logon Username”.
- Click the “End Session” button.
- On the login screen, select an administrator account.
I can’t log in to iCloud on a Mac because I’m notified that my email address is not verified
If you can’t log in due to the warning “The account is not verified. You will find instructions on verifying your account in the email message ”, follow these steps.
- Close and reopen the iCloud settings panel, and then try signing in again.
- If this does not solve the problem, check your inbox and junk e-mail folders to find a message from Apple with a confirmation link.
- If there is no message with a confirmation link in your inbox and junk e-mail folders, click the “Resend confirmation” button on the iCloud settings panel.
When you try to log in to iCloud.com, in iCloud settings, iCloud for Windows, or a third-party program, a warning is displayed about the incorrect user name or password.
- To enter, you must enter the full Apple ID (for example, if your Apple ID is email@example.com, you must enter it completely, not just username).
- Make sure that the Caps Lock key is not pressed (all passwords are case sensitive).
- Make sure you are using the correct Apple ID associated with iCloud and not with other services.
- If you use the Apple ID to log in to third-party programs, make sure that two-factor authentication is configured and that you are logged in with a password for the program. If there are no devices that can be upgraded to iOS 9 or OS X El Capitan, you can use two-step verification.
You can check for two-factor authentication or two-step verification from your iOS device. Select “Settings” [your name] “Password and safety”. You may need to enter a password for your Apple ID.
- If necessary, reset your Apple ID account password.
If iCloud uses the same Apple ID as other Apple services (such as the Apple Online Store, iTunes Store, or Mac App Store), changing the password for your Apple ID account also changes the password for other Apple services. To enter these services, specify a new password. In addition, be sure to generate new passwords for all third-party programs that can use the Apple ID. These, for example, include all third-party email services used with iCloud email.
I get a message about reaching or exceeding the iCloud storage limit
If you reach or exceed iCloud storage, just buy extra storage or free up space.
After logging in using your Apple ID, you’ll be asked to enter additional information
Configuring iCloud may require additional information that is not yet specified for your Apple ID. When prompted, enter the required information to continue logging in.
When I try to set up iCloud, a message appears stating that iCloud is not available in my country (or region).
ICloud is not available in all countries and regions. If you are located in a country or region where iCloud is available and you think you received this message by mistake, contact Apple Support.
Information about non-Apple products or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple is not advisory or endorsement. Apple is not responsible for the selection, functionality, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple is also not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of data posted on third-party websites. Contact your supplier for more information.