Connecting the Xiaomi Mijia 360 1080p Camera
First of all, what do we need?
- The camera itself Xiaomi Yi home camera 1080p;
- An additional device (tablet or smartphone) on the Android or iOS operating system;
- Home network for the camera and additional device;
- Proprietary application;
- A valid Xiaomi account (you can register in the application).
Xiaomi Yi home camera 1080p
In this case, we will analyze the initial settings and settings based on a smartphone under the Android operating system and the Mi Home program, which was translated by folk “craftsmen”. For iOS, the application is in English, but there are practically no differences in the interface. There are two applications for setting up the camera: Mi Camera and Mi Home. The differences between them are minimal, to independently understand what is not difficult.
It is worth recalling that, from version 2.6.13, the Mi Home application uses external plugins that are loaded automatically, when synchronizing smart devices. After they load, Russian localization in the interface is almost completely replaced by Chinese characters. Nevertheless, we advise you to use the program version 2.6.11 (the latest version of the application, which works stably, has version 1.1.3, it is also localized into Russian).
Download instruction for Xiaomi Yi Home camera 1080p at the link
First, connect the Xiaomi Yi home camera 1080p to the charger, through the MicroUSB connector. You can use either a native charger or any other that supports a current output of 2 amperes.
After connecting the power cable, the camera will begin to blink the indicator located under the eyepiece in yellow or orange, after which you can start the application. In advance, you need to log in to your Xiaomi account, or register a new one if it is not already there. It should be borne in mind that a smartphone or tablet should work in the network in which the camera will work in the future.
After opening the application, there will most likely be empty space on the screen. It will accommodate configured and activated devices from the company at different levels. At the top in the corner there is a symbol “”, clicking on it we go to the “master of new connections.” In it you need to choose your camera.
The program will ask about the operation of the device and the LED on. Click “next.” Upon request, enter the password and username of the Wi-Fi network, in which the device and smartphone will be used.
The light on the camera in yellow will flash blue. Before that, the Xiaomi Yi dome home camera 1080p camera will “speak” in Chinese (for example, a spell on the device’s best performance. Joke). After synchronization is complete, the camera will be recognized by the application, it will contact the account in order to see it on other devices with the proprietary application. Going ahead, it is worth saying that you can reset all the settings by pressing the “reset” button for a few seconds, which is a little hidden on the case. And also, for full-fledged work with all the camera settings, it is not necessary to be connected to the home network, since communication between devices occurs through the company’s server.
Xiaomi yi home camera 1080p setup
At this step, the connection between the camera and the smartphone ends. Next, we will deal with all the features of operation and the software interface. The set of functions and appearance are almost the same for iOS and Android, there are only slight differences in the construction of software.
After clicking on the camera, in the list of devices, go to the menu for managing it. In the upper right corner there is a transition to the main settings of the device. In them, you can switch the recording to the memory card, turn on stealth mode when the LED indicator stops lighting. You can also change the name of the camera, description, for example, to understand where and in which room is Xiaomi Yi home camera 1080p. You can also view the serial number of the device.
Xiaomi yi home camera 1080p setup
The image is zoomed by the usual movement of the fingers. Swipe across the screen to move around the picture, you can see the whole room. Using the “photo” key, you can record what is happening in the room. “Camera”. turns on and off the recording from the camera. If you hold the microphone key, you can send a voice message to the device. You can also turn on the sound from the camera. If you have a memory card, you can view already captureds. Using the timeline, under the, you can navigate through the recording time. Depending on the quality of the network, you can choose the picture quality of 640×360 pixels or 1280×720, i.e. HD.
- Configuring the Yi Home camera 10.16.2017 The new surveillance camera from Yi Tech comes with a new CMOS sensor, produced by the well-known Panasonic company. She has S2LM
- How to use Xiaomi Yi as a web camera 07/22/2018 A Chinese company introduced to the market an interesting camera that allows you to shoot in HD quality, and all its management is done remotely, through
- Instructions for Xiaomi XiaoFang 01/05/2019 The Chinese company Xiaomi is in no hurry to leave the position of active players in the modern market. She is developing her vision of a smart home with all her might.
- The process of setting up and connecting Yi home camera 02/26/2017 First, let’s try to install a special service application on the smartphone “Yi home camera” and get acquainted with its main features and functions. Let’s start
- Xiaomi Yi Ants IP camera of the second revision. flashing 09/10/2017 Sometimes, users have a question about changing the firmware on their device. For example, a common reason is the Russification of the device. Company camera