Connecting The Xiaomi Mi Band 2 Fitness Bracelet To The Phone And Setting It Up
Have you purchased the top Xiaomi Mi Band 2 fitness bracelet and don’t know how to attach it to your smartphone? It’s not a question, today we will tell you how to correctly and quickly attach the Mi Band to the application, connect and configure it for further work.
- To get started, remove the tracker from the box and put it on charge, since such gadgets are most often sold fully discharged. This will take about 2 hours, after which we can continue to work with the device.
- Install the official app called Mi Fit on your phone. Link to Google Play for Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xiaomi.hm.healthhl = ru (if you need Russian, download and install from this link) or in the App Store for iOS (iPhone, iPad) https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/mi-fit/id938688461?mt=8.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone. Open the Mi Fit app and click on the button “Sign In”.
- The application will transfer you to the authorization page, and if you do not yet have a Mi-account, click on the button “Create Mi Account”. The bracelet is attached just to this account.
- On the next page, enter the current mobile number, where later you will receive an SMS message with a confirmation code. Create and enter a password below and click on the button “Create”.
- Confirm the registration by entering the SMS password in the appropriate field and click “Next”.
- Wait for the profile to load and click “Sign In”. On the next page, think up and write your nickname in the appropriate field.
- Next, you will need to fill out a questionnaire, entering personal data there. gender, date of birth, height and weight.
- And in the last paragraph you will need to set the number of steps that you go through per day. The standard value is 10,000 steps, but you can set your own norm. if you are doing, for example, running, you can set the value to 18-20 thousand steps. The Mi Bend 2 bracelet will inform you when you have reached the daily norm with a short vibration. In the future, this setting can always be changed. Click “Finish”.
Note! On some iPhones, at this stage of the setup, a problem arises. the “Finish” button remains inactive. In this case, you just need to close Mi Fit through the application manager, and then restart it. The settings are saved, so you do not need to enter them again.
Snap Mi Band 2
We have already done the main thing, it remains only to connect the Xiaomi tracker directly to the application. To do this, click on the inscription in the main program window at the bottom left “Profile”, and then. “Add Device” and select your Mi Band 2 bracelet. Next, we act very quickly. we remove the capsule of the bracelet from the rubber strap and apply it with the display to the smartphone display exactly according to the drawn outline. As soon as the connection is established, the capsule will vibrate, then wait another 10 seconds, and put your index finger on the part that you applied it to the smartphone. On the phone display, you will see the confirmation of the binding.
By the way, on all smartphone operating systems, the binding is different: in some cases, you do not need to attach a capsule to the smartphone display.
After the pairing of the smartphone and the bracelet has been completed, you will be taken to the main parameters section of the fitness tracker. We consider each moment separately:
- FindBand: help in finding a bracelet (vibration on it is turned on);
- BandPosition: here you make it clear to the application which hand you are wearing the bracelet on. This has to do with Mi Band controlling gestures;
- Other parameters: here are the software versions and the MAC address of the bracelet.
As soon as the connection of all the necessary parameters is completed, click on the button with an arrow in the upper left corner of the application. Done! Now you can check the operation of the bracelet. just walk around a bit and look at the phone screen. the application should display the latest information on the number of steps taken. If this does not happen, read the next paragraph.