Connected Without Internet Access Android
We all use the Internet while in cafes or restaurants, with friends, even at home at the dinner table, checking mail or messages in the same Vkontakte. As practice shows, one of the common problems arises when working with Wi-Fi wireless technology. Suppose we have an access point located in the house from the router or in a public institution. Everything seems to be configured correctly, but for some reason there is no access to the network.
So what to do if you encounter such a problem? In fact, there may be a dozen reasons, each of which we will consider in this material!
Wi-Fi on Android is turned on, the status is “Connected”, but there is no Internet access
Let’s say that you activated Wi-Fi on your smartphone and connected to the access point. Your phone displays the status of “Connected”, but you can’t access the Internet, either using a browser or through other programs, such as Odnoklassniki. What should we do in this case?
First you need to check if the Internet works at all at this connection. That is, it is necessary by elimination to gradually eliminate the list of possible causes and checking the Internet is the very first of them.
Try connecting to this access point from another device and go online. If everything is fine, then the reason is in your smartphone. If the other device does not connect to the Internet or does not open sites, then the point is in the access point or router itself.
Solution 1. Proper Wi-Fi Router Setup
First check if your smartphone is in range of a wireless network. Usually routers can give out a signal up to 200 meters, provided that there are no obstacles in this radius. If this is all right, then go to the settings of the router.
Change the channel your access point is running on. Usually she is set to Auto, but we advise you to put the 6th or another channel. Choose any of the available, save the changes and check the performance.
You can also change the operating mode for Wi-Fi. As practice shows, by default, 11bg mixed mode is usually set everywhere. Change it to 11n only.
If you have a column in the settings to indicate the region, then without fail, set your region there. This is an insignificant parameter, but in very rare cases even it can affect the correct operation of the access point.
Solution 2. Configure the proxy server
Another possible problem is the automatic selection and installation of a proxy server for a specific access point on a wireless network.
To fix this:
- Go to “Settings” on your device
- Next, select Wi-Fi or “Wireless Networks”, depending on the version of Android
- Find the access point to which you are connected and hold your finger on it for several seconds. An additional menu will appear, in which you need to click “Change network”
- Check the box next to “Advanced Settings” and select “Proxy Server Settings”
- It remains only to put a check mark next to the item “No”, after which the proxy server will be deactivated
Wi-Fi is enabled on Android, but Google Play and other applications do not work
If Wi-Fi is activated on your smartphone and it is connected to a specific access point, but the phone does not open sites, does not load pages and applications on Google Play, check the time and date settings are correct. This is a very common user error! In 90% of cases, it is it that causes connection problems.
You only need to set the time and date correctly, reconnect the Internet, and then try to log in to Google Play and view one of the applications on the page.
Why Wi-Fi does not work on android: other reasons
- Invalid password. Sometimes in the Android operating system, a password is saved from a certain access point, but the next time you connect to it, there are no notifications that the password is not correct. We advise you to check the correctness of the input and change it if necessary. As you know, in public places there are usually open access points, but there are also closed ones. To select a password for them, you can use special programs, for example, from the same Google Play, where users share information around the world.
- Software issues. Another common reason that is related to the software of your system. To verify the correct operation, you can use the Wi-Fi Fixer application. Just install it on your device and run. There you can see a complete list of networks for which data that you previously connected to is saved. Reboot your phone and try connecting to the access point again.
- Malicious applications. It is possible that viruses or trojans have appeared on your phone that block the operation of wireless networks. In this case, you will have to manually install an antivirus, such as Kaspersky.
- Invalid settings. We have already talked about the settings of Wi-Fi networks. If you can’t change them, you can simply reset to the factory settings. You may also have old access point records. For example, you connected to it, as the system writes, although in fact the connection was not made. Just in the settings, update the list of networks or delete everything and try to update again, and only after that connect to a specific Wi-Fi point.
But what if the Wi-Fi is connected, but the Internet still does not work even after all the recommendations described? Most likely, the Wi-Fi module itself is not working correctly for you. The following will help here:
- Phone firmware, if the reason lies in the software part of the smartphone. If you do not know how to flash Android operating systems yourself, it would be better to contact a service center.
- Fix a Wi-Fi module. If the phone’s firmware does not help, then the problem lies already in the wireless module itself. In this case, you will have to carry the smartphone to the service center and carry out the replacement of parts.
This is not a complete list of the reasons that cause Wi-Fi to malfunction. If you have had similar situations, and you solved them in some other way, be sure to tell about it in the comments for our readers!