Connect Xiaomi Box S To TV
Via Wi-Fi Direct
Using wireless technologies, you can connect your xiaomi smartphone to your TV. For example, using Wi-Fi Direct. True, everything will work out only with Smart TV. The very same connection procedure through this channel is simple:
- First of all, we connect both the phone and the TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Go to “Settings” on your Xiaomi smartphone.
- Go to the “Wi-Fi” section.
- We go down the menu and tap on the item “Advanced (additional) settings”.
- We are looking for the “Wi-Fi Direct” option. Click on her.
- In the window that appears, the process of searching for devices with which pairing is possible will begin. We need our TV to appear here. As soon as the smartphone finds it, we try to connect.
- Usually the TV model is prescribed. So we tap on it. Then we press the completion of the connection process.
- Open “Gallery”, “Youtube” on a Xiaomi smartphone, or launch a movie through a video player. We see the icon on top, which tells us about the successful connection to TV.
- Enjoying the big screen.
Do you want to display the image on the TV from your smartphone without pulling wires? Then you can use the Miracast function.
A prerequisite is a modern TV set to support this wireless transmission technology. But intermediary devices in the form of routers and routers are not needed. The signal is transmitted directly from one device to another.
The connection procedure itself will not be difficult. It will not require much effort or time from you. At least on xiaomi redmi note 4x, we managed to set up data transfer to another monitor in just a minute. We did everything as follows:
- First, we activate the function on the TV device. The fact is that on many models it is disabled by default. So it’s better to start with this. In our case, this is a Samsung TV. On the control panel, select the button called “Source”. In the window that pops up on the screen, press “Screen Mirroring”. How to enable miracast on LG? We press the button “Settings” on the remote control. Next, select the “Network” section. Then we find the item “Miracast”. In it, we simply change the position of the switch to “On”. On TVs from other manufacturers, the Miracast function is turned on in the same way. If something does not work out, then you can find help on the Internet.
- Let’s leave the TV. But don’t turn it off. Let’s pick up Xiaomi Redmi or mi series. Go to “Settings”.
- We open the subsection “Additional functions”.
- We tap on the item “Wireless display”.
- Now we wait (usually no more than 30-40 seconds) until the smartphone finds an available monitor.
- It remains only to click on it and wait for the connection to complete.
By the way, the action algorithm described above is suitable for xiaomi smartphones with MIUI shell. If you have, for example, mi a1, running on “pure” Android, then you will need:
- Through “Settings” go to the “Screen” section.
- Then scroll down and select “Broadcast”.
- Then we do everything as in the first option: select the TV device and synchronize with it.
Another popular wireless standard. It can also be used to connect a Xiaomi smartphone to a TV. But we recommend using this synchronization option in cases where you do not need a live broadcast of images from your phone.
After all, a mobile device, when connected via DLNA, will work like a flash drive. Only no wires are needed, which is a big plus.
On the TV, the files that are stored on the xiaomi smartphone will be available to you. And you can start them already from the TV itself.
For this technology to work on your smartphone, you need to install a special software in advance. BubbleUPnP. The program is available for download on Google Play. The transmitted content can be:
- a photo;
- some video formats.
Also, don’t forget to connect your TV and smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network. Otherwise, it will not be possible to synchronize two devices via DLNA.
How to Display Image from Xiaomi Phone to TV
Watching videos and photos on a smartphone is not as convenient as on a large TV. Therefore, from time to time, many users have a question, how can information be transferred from a phone to a TV device? Of course, you can suggest that you first throw everything on a USB flash drive, and then connect it to TV. But all this is long, inconvenient and not always possible. In addition, this method will not be able to display online content on the big screen.
We will be happy to tell you how to connect a xiaomi smartphone (Redmi 4, 5, 6, mi 8, 6 and other popular models) to a TV? Believe me, this skill will come in handy for you more than once. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but someday you will go on a business trip or visit, and there you can easily “make friends” two devices for broadcasting documents, images and other data.
Via HDMI or USB
But if you need to transfer images from your phone to a relatively old TV that does not support wireless technology? Then you can connect the two devices via a usb cable. The corresponding connector is available on almost all TV models.
At the same time, the connection procedure is in many ways similar to when you synchronize your smartphone with a PC:
- Using the microUSB. USB cable, we connect the phone to the TV.
- Using the remote control, turn on the TV device and go to the menu.
- Choosing a suitable USB output.
- Open the desired image or video file on the phone.
The only caveat of connecting two devices via USB is that the TV will detect the smartphone as a USB flash drive with a file structure. It turns out that you cannot broadcast anything in real time. That is, you can open a photo on your phone, and it will be displayed on the big screen. But you shouldn’t run a video in the smartphone browser and wait for it to be displayed on a TV set.
Two devices are connected via HDMI as follows:
- Be sure to turn off the TV.
- We connect the wires, now turn on the TV.
- Using the remote control, open the settings or the main menu.
- We select the broadcast mode via HDMI. If you cannot understand how this is done, then refer to the user manual that came with the TV.
After these manipulations, both the image and the sound should begin to be duplicated on the big screen. The quality is usually at a very good level. When properly connected, no noise, graphic artifacts, washed-out colors or outlines are observed.
How to set up Mi box s? Sequence
The setup procedure involves the following steps:
- On the TV screen, after turning on the Smart box, a welcome message will appear.
- Next, you need to select the setting language (you can find Russian on the Internet).
- The system will prompt you to select an option for performing the setup. For this purpose, you can use a mobile device or an existing remote control.
- If the user prefers to configure the set-top box using a mobile device, then he will need to go through the device synchronization procedure using a verification code. In this case, the set-top box itself will connect to the global network, copy the profiles, and open the installer menu on the smartphone. If the set-top box is configured from the remote control, the user will carry out this procedure in manual mode. It is worth noting that both methods are simple.
- To configure via the network, you need to select your Wi-Fi to connect, enter the password.
- Next, you should give a name to the prefix. After completing this procedure, the user will be prompted to install additional applications.
- At the end, the system will notify the user of the available additional options.
- The user will see the Android customizer menu, where the content presented by different applications will be reflected.
How to set up Xiaomi mi box s
The built-in Smart TV system common today has an alternative. We are talking about TV boxes running on Android TV 8.1 OS. It allows you to expand the functionality of the TV, endowing it with the functions of a real multimedia center that can work in the global network. Today, one of the best implementations of Smart TV set-top boxes is Mi Box 4. How to set up Mi box s, read the article.
Setting up Xiaomi mi box s is not so difficult. Fulfilling the instructions of the instructions, it can be made by a user with minimal experience with such equipment. A prerequisite is the connection of the set-top box to the TV, and the organization of a stable connection to the Internet. Also, setting up will require a Google account. If there is none, then it will need to be created.
Features of IPTV settings
To watch interactive channels live, you will need to install the necessary software package. These programs must support the format of playlists such as Lazy IPTV, IPTV PRO, PEERS TV. This procedure can be done using Aptoide.
Downloading and subsequent installation of any programs occurs in standard mode. You don’t need to configure anything further. In the downloaded application, you will only need to add the desired playlist, indicating the address of the channel list or opening a previously downloaded file (most often such files are in the M3U format, but the files have other permissions, the main thing is to take into account which formats are supported). In addition, the applications have pre-built channels.
- How to set up the Xiaomi Mi Box 3 04/22/2019 The article describes how to properly connect the Mi Box 3 to the TV, as well as how to install certain applications
- Setting up Xiaomi Wi-Fi Router 3 03/29/2020 In this article we will tell you how to set up Xiaomi Wi-Fi Router 3 for most Russian providers. And also we will describe the scheme.
- How to connect a fitness bracelet to the phone 05/06/2019 Now fitness bracelets are gaining great popularity. How to properly connect it to a smartphone via the Mi band master app, read.
- Operation of Smart TV Xiaomi Mi box 3 06.12.2017 The modern Smart TV device Xiaomi Mi box 3 runs an optimized Android TV system. With it you can connect.
- How to use Xiaomi Yi as a WEB-camera 07/22/2018 The Chinese company presented to the market an interesting camera that allows you to shoot in HD quality, and all its control takes place remotely, through.
How to set up a Xiaomi wireless display correctly
Are you using the display of your smartphone interface on a wide monitor, but don’t want to see a lot of connecting cables or don’t understand connection systems? In this case, it is advisable to use the WiDi functionality.
In practice, not all users know how to set up a wireless display, as a result of which, using the example of Xiaomi, the image will be displayed directly on the TV.
The option is represented by a unique development of the well-known manufacturer Intel, which, in general, repeats the capabilities of the Bluetooth or Wi-Fi protocol, while displaying the actions of a smartphone on a monitor, computer or laptop. All multimedia content, such as video recordings or gameplay, is also mated, and no cables are required to connect.
To make sure that the option is present on a specific device, a number of manipulations should be performed:
- Find the “Settings” shortcut on the desktop and click on the image;
- In the category “Wireless networks” select a sub-item with additional functions;
- Since the overwhelming majority of current mobile devices have support for the required technology, the “Wireless display” section with a corresponding description should be located in the central part of the window. Click on the section and in the next page move the option activity lever to the on position.
It should be noted that in addition to the proposed method, many additional options for connecting a mobile device to a TV can be distinguished, some of which also do not involve the use of cables.
“Cast” function on devices with MIUI 11 and above
As noted at the beginning of the article, a new option called “Cast” has appeared in the MIUI 11th version. If your smartphone is running this software version or higher, then using this functionality will be the easiest way in terms of connecting to a modern TV.
No more wires or additional programs needed. In just a few clicks, you can quickly broadcast your Xiaomi screen to TV and be able to view photos and other content.
- Swipe across the screen from top to bottom to bring up the control curtain.
- Find and enable Cast mode among the available shortcuts.
- Select your TV in the new window and start streaming content.
How to use WiDi on Xiaomi
Next, the most significant stage arises, which consists in the direct synchronization of the device to the TV. In this case, you should make sure that each of the devices is equipped with a built-in WiDi module, since otherwise you will need to use an adapter, for example, MiraScreen.
You need a computer or laptop that operates on the chipset platform and Wi-Fi from Intel. Then you should find in the settings section the category “Wireless networks” and then turn on Wi-Fi Direct. Depending on the Windows modification, the required component may display the name “WiDi Miracast”.
Then, in accordance with the above instructions, turn on WiDi on the smartphone, and then the devices will be synchronized. If the instructions are followed correctly, the phone interface will be displayed on the PC screen.
How to connect xiaomi mi tv box s to tv
An ordinary stationary computer or laptop running only on an INTEL processor and with Wi-Fi also from this manufacturer will do.
And then everything is individual: we look for the section “Wireless networks” on the PC in the “Settings” and be sure to activate Wi-Fi Direct.
It is possible that the item will be called directly WiDi Miracast. It depends on the Windows version.
Next, we take a smartphone and activate the mode according to the scheme indicated above. The devices must be paired. If the procedure was done correctly, a wireless display from the phone will appear on the computer.
Answers to popular questions
In reality, the process of wirelessly connecting your phone to a TV or PC is not a problem, as you only need to comply with the manual to display any movie or mobile gameplay on a wide monitor without any difficulty.
Setting up on a TV
This process is almost the same as above. Activate WiDi on the mobile device and go to the TV.
Open Settings, where we pay attention to the Intel’s WiDi section. Below should be the name and model of our smartphone (of course, if the Wi-Fi network is enabled on it)
Click on the box by ticking; we confirm pairing on TV and phone
Below should be the name and model of our smartphone (of course, if the Wi-Fi network is enabled on it). Click on the box by ticking; we confirm pairing on TV and phone.
- If you have Smart TV, the chance of successful connection is much higher.
- Two devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- In case of difficulty with the connection, you can use special applications that greatly simplify the pairing process.
How to connect to TV
The Xiaomi Mi Box S media player is equipped with a control panel, power adapter and HDMI cable. Instructions with illustrations are also attached to the device, but there is no explanation in Russian, so many will need additional guidance on connecting and configuring the set-top box.
The device is connected to the TV with an HDMI cable, the TV must have a suitable connector. If your device does not have an HDMI port, you need to purchase an HDMI-AV converter in advance (the device is not provided for this model of media player).
Let’s take a step-by-step look at how to connect Mi Box S to your TV:
- Both devices must be de-energized (disconnect all connectors).
- Connect the coaxial cable supplied with the Mi Box S Smart. Insert one end of the cord into the corresponding port on your media player and the other. To HDMI connector on TV.
- If your TV is old and doesn’t have an HDMI jack, you can use an HDMI-AV converter. Then use “tulips” to connect the adapter, then use the HDMI cable to connect the set-top box.
- Turn on both devices. The welcome screen will appear on the screen.
To prevent the equipment from working, you need to not only connect the media player to the TV, but also give the console access to the network via a wired or wireless connection (this model does not have a LAN connector, but you can connect with a cable using a USB LAN adapter) need to purchase batteries or rechargeable batteries for the remote control as you will need the remote control during operation.
How to set up wireless display on Xiaomi phone for PC and TV
Do you like displaying video from your phone screen on the big screen, but tired of a bunch of wires to connect? Don’t know all these connectors? Do not worry, because there is a way out, namely WiDi technology. But few people know that you can set up a wireless display on Xiaomi and the picture can be displayed on TV without any wires.
Connecting wireless headphones to a Samsung TV
How to connect wireless Bluetooth headphones to your TV
You can connect wireless headphones to a TV in much the same way as to a phone. If, of course, the TV has Bluetooth connectivity:
- We turn on wireless headphones and the search mode for devices on them. Usually, to do this, from the off state, you need to hold the power button for 5-15 seconds until the beep. details. in our manual or in the documentation for the headphones.
- We go to the TV settings and search for Bluetooth devices. This can usually be done in the sound settings, there should be options for sound devices: audio-out, device speakers, loudspeakers, and the like. Among them should be Bluetooth.
- In the submenu “List of Bluetooth devices” (may have a similar name) select your headset model.
- We make pairing (connection). Done! Headphones connected.
How to connect wireless headphones to your TV
You can connect wireless headphones to your TV in the same way as to any Bluetooth device, such as a phone. Of course, if the TV has a corresponding module. But, even if it is not there, connecting Bluetooth headphones to a TV is possible: through external adapters, TV set-top boxes and more. All this is in this article.
- How to connect wireless Bluetooth headphones to your TV. General instructions How to connect Airpods headphones to the TV
- Connect wireless headphones to a TV without Bluetooth. 7 ways
1.1 How to Connect Airpods to TV?
You can connect Airpods to the TV exactly as described in the basic instructions above. The main thing is not to forget to turn on the pairing mode so that the headphones do not connect to the phone, but can be detected on the TV.
Connect wireless headphones to TV without Bluetooth
Wireless headphones can be connected to a TV without a Bluetooth module. But this requires additional devices: Bluetooth transmitters or set-top boxes. Consider 7 options.
The Bluetooth transmitter can have different connectors for connection:
- mini-jack 3.5mm (Mini-Jack);
- AUDIO RCA (tulip);
- Optical Digital Audio;
USB transmitters will fit a TV, from which USB inputs can recognize such devices (transmit sound). Accordingly, we connect the transmitter and pair it according to the instructions above. In addition, most likely, you will need to use the instructions for the transmitter.
Some TV boxes like Roku, Apple TV and Android TV Box support wireless headphone connectivity. Accordingly, we connect and configure the set-top box, and already wireless headphones to it. The same is true for TV receivers and home theaters.
Some Android TV devices support the ability to connect to Bluetooth audio devices. In this case, the connection is quite simple:
- Put the headphones into pairing mode.
- Go to the menu “Settings” → “Bluetooth”
- Select your headphone model from the list.
Apple TV has the ability to connect wireless headphones. The logic is the same:
- Put the headphones into pairing mode.
- Go to Settings “→” Remotes and devices “→” Audio and video “.
- Select your headphone model from the list.
Connecting headphones with Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick is another option for connecting Bluetooth headphones to your TV.
- Put the headphones into pairing mode.
- Then on Fire TV or Fire TV Stick go to Settings → Bluetooth Controllers and Devices → Other Bluetooth Devices.
- Select your headphone model from the list.
Amazon Echo Dot 3nd Gen
In order to watch TV with wireless headphones using a Roku TV box, you must:
- Download and install the Roku app on your smartphone.
- Connect wireless headphones to your smartphone (to do this, also make sure that your smartphone is connected to the same wireless network as your set-top box).
- Enjoy private viewing of your favorite shows.
- If you want to disconnect wireless headphones from TV. just turn off your headphones or disconnect them from your phone.
The PlayStation 4 does not support all Bluetooth headsets, alas. However, you can use a Bluetooth USB adapter to bypass the limitation, which, however, also does not work with all wireless headphones.
Therefore, the easiest option would be to use wired headphones on the controller. For this:
- Connect headphones to the set-top box.
- Go to the menu “Settings” → “Devices” → “Audio devices” → “Output to headphones”
- Choose your headphone model.
- Enjoy watching your TV.
The complexity of the firmware lies in the fact that Xiaomi Mi Box s / 3/4 runs on Android TV 8.1. (Oreo is the eighth version of the Android mobile operating system).
Compared to regular Android, the new version:
- does not have a navigation bar and status bar;
- only those programs that are adapted for Android TV are displayed on the home screen;
- has a global voice search in installed programs / Google Assistant;
- has unique features;
- the interface (theme) is adapted to the use of Google services and remote control;
- supports Google Cast (ChromeCast).
The essence of the Miui firmware (running on the Android operating system) is to make it as easy as possible for the user to use. If the user begins to simplify the process even more. try to control from the phone, etc. then lags often occur. The complexity of management lies in the fact that the developers did not take into account the possibility of localization into Russian. It is not fully implemented. Only general data have been translated. Customize the screen, and the sound will have to be in English. The firmware uses a 64-bit kernel version 4.9.61. If you experience any glitches after updating the firmware, it’s best to do a factory reset and start over.
Mi Box firmware manual
For global firmware, you must prepare a USB cable in advance. Some craftsmen, in order not to spend money on purchasing a cable, look for old samples, solder them and use them in the future.
Use the following algorithm of actions:
If you have any questions or complaints. let us know
- connect by a simple principle. red to red, black to black;
- disassemble the attachment with gentle movements;
- remove the protective layer from the board;
- for further recovery, take a PC, launch UBT and select the previously downloaded firmware;
- add check marks as in the photo;
- connect the cable to the set-top box (MDZ-16-AB) and to the computer port, hold down the testpoint;
- connect the power;
- wait for the system to complete the firmware;
- wait a few minutes for the system to process the data.
Upon completion, the strip will turn green. Connect the set-top box to your TV and test the results. Please note that the first connection takes some time.
How to flash the prefix Xiaomi Mi Box S / 3/4 to the global one with Russian
“How to flash Mi Box S / 3/4?”. an important question for users who face such a need. Detailed instructions are described below.