Connect the Keenetic Lite router to a computer. Connection of the Keenetic Start router
Router Zyxel Keenetic Lite III: installation, connection, settings
Users do not suspect that the cause of a poor “Wi-Fi” signal and work on the network as a whole is their home routers who do not meet standards. This applies to outdated or low.quality routers. Cheap Chinese device. rash choice. For productive and secure work, the corresponding, for example, Router Zyxel Keenetic Lite 3 is necessary. high.quality, reliable and inexpensive. However, buying and connecting. this is half the age, it is also necessary to activate, and the instructions for setting sometimes do not take into account important points of the process.
Kinetik Lite 3 is the last of the modern developments of the Swiss company, which has high functional characteristics and capabilities. The model is characterized by speed qualities and a number of advantages, often inaccessible to more expensive devices of this type. This is especially possible to connect all possible devices to the network and IP-television. The new product has undergone several hardware updates, in particular, the revision of the MT7620N chip, presented by MediaTek with a frequency of 580MHz. Data transmission reaches 300 Mbps.
Considerable features of connecting to two or three providers have been preserved at the same time. Thanks to this, Keenetic Lite uses a reserve channel for possible failures on the main network by managing access priority. The same applies to filters to protect against viruses, unauthorized penetration into the database, including the “parental control” function, when connecting this option on the Yandex service.DNS “.
The new function “Adapter mode” allows you to connect to the Wi-Fi network to computers with ports without any related devices. There is also the opportunity to get remote access using the VPN server and other useful options.
The main characteristics of the new Zixel:
- Standards of networks used. 802.11b/g/n.
- Range “Wi-Fi” frequencies-2.4 GHz.
- The base speed of the transmission is 100 Mbps/s.
- The maximum possible transmission speed is 300 Mbit/s.
- Antennes strengthening coefficient. 3 dbi.
- Connection safety. WEP, WPA, WPA2.
- Dynamic routing protocols. IGMP V2, IGMP V1, IGMP Proxy, IGMP Snooping.
- Equipped with five ports per 100 Mbps.
Zixel router is black, made of plastic. It has small compact dimensions: 16.6 cm in width, 11.6 cm in length, 3.4 cm high, weight zyxel Keenetic Lite III is 200 grams. It is equipped with a convenient and understandable web-integer, which is easy to figure out. This universal router in many respects is distinguished by the transfer of improved antennas to the side panels, which made it possible to increase the radius of the signal and its transmission. A switch appeared on the rear panel to control the operating modes. Indicators, burning green in the active phase, flashed infrequently so as not to involuntarily distract the attention of users.
Where to install
It is better to place Keenetic Lite in free space so that there are no walls on the signal passage to the computer. Depending on the building material, the radius of the network is able to contract to 30 m.
It is necessary to raise the device as high as possible, away from household appliances located in the house. This is the main condition observed during installation.
TVs, refrigerators, microwaves, mobile phones and other familiar household devices work at the same frequency as routers. They negatively affect their performance, reduce the speed of admission or muffle the home network signal. Due to the transfer of antennas to Keenetic Lite III, the router is attached to the wall. It is necessary to install the router away from:
- Walls with sound insulation.
- Flat metal structures.
- Windows and mirrors.
- Aquariums and other open water surfaces.
Connection and preparation for work
Connection of the Keenetic Lite-3 router is as follows: the device is unpacked, then it is necessary to make sure that all the elements included in the kit are in place. The first thing to do is install the antennas in the corresponding connectors on its side panels and set the mode as a “main” button-reducing.
By means of a power adapter, Keenetic Lite is connected to an electrical network, from a slot. a power plug is inserted to the slot on the rear surface. The Internet cable is connected to the WAN-Intease of the router, which is also on the backward side. Using a patch cord-the shortest cord in the kit-one of the LAN ports of the device is connected. Both of them are the same color, with a computer connector of a computer. After that, you need to turn on the power button, the beacons light up, the connection of the router is completed, it remains to configure.
Setting up the home router Zyxel Keenetic Lite III and Internet connection is carried out in two ways, in two modes: manual and automatic. When choosing the first option, a web configurator is used, the second-the device integration. This is the so.called fast setting. But in both cases you need to understand the intricacies of the process, strictly adhering to the sequence of actions.
Settings in automatic mode
For independent settings of the Router Zyxel Keenetic Lite III there is an instruction for its operation, necessarily attached to the device. To start tuning automatically, you need to go to the router integer. Using a computer or laptop, open the starting page of the usual browser. Then everything is simple:
- Then the router will ask you to enter data for access to the system, the default login and password are used here: Admin and 1234, after standard configuration it is better to change them to your own.
- A welcome page will open, notifying that Internet centers are not tuned. Here you need to click on the “Fast Settings” button and go through a simple registration.
- After the completion of standard procedures, you will need to enter personal data again, but not Zyxel Keenetic Lite, but the supplier of Internet services-the “Next” button.
- If users plan to connect an IP-television, you need to specify the port to connect it to the prefix, if any;
- You should also configure Yandex Filters, then click “update” and wait until the information entered.
Manual connection to the Internet
Settings for connecting the Router “Zixel” Keenetic Lite 3 manually. the matter is simple. Its essence comes down to authorization. Manual connection takes a lot of time, and the sequence of actions for connecting with the network looks as follows:
- Click “Start”, opening the “control panel”.
- On the parameter setting page opened to the “Network and the Internet”.
- From there go to the “Networks Management Center”.
- In the column “Changing network parameters” select “Creation and Setting up a new connection”.
- In it, highlight the “Internet connection”. “Next”.
- In the column “How do you want to make a connection?”Select the option” High.speed (with PPPOE) “.
- At the request, enter the information received from the service provider, to score the specified by the provider, this is your username from the contract and password.
- Return to the “Networks Management Center”, where in the column on the left select “Change of parameters”.
- Go to it to the “high.speed connection”, which is in the disconnected state.
- After a double click, the authorization window will open, here to click on the “connection” button, everything will work. At the end of these actions, drag the icon to any convenient place for the user.
It’s important to know! In the future, the settings of the Router Keenetic Lite (3) can be changed at your own discretion. But in the case of Windows reinstalling, the system will not even accept the correct data for the entrance, the entire operation will need to be done again for re.connection.
This provider uses the connection standard by type PRRO, but not always. It depends on its branches, for example, in Eastern Siberia, dynamic IP addresses are used to connect. However, the protocol of the prroe remains one of the most popular in the entire space of the CIS. Connecting a house.RU occurs in two stages, the first will be required:
- Open the Internet and go from it to “Connection”.
- Next to find the BroadBand Connection item.
- Mark with a tick against the line “Use the connector”.
- Options “include” and “use to enter the Internet” should be active.
- In the “IP settings” to select the option “without IP addresses”.
- Here, in the “MAC address”, choose “by default”-“apply”.
- In the PPPOE/VPN section, select “Add connection”.
- Mark the line “Turn on” the line.
- In the “Description”, enter the name for connecting the Latinitsa Internet.
- In the “Type” field, select the protocol from the list of PRROE.
- In the field “Connect through”. Broadband Connection ISP.
- Enter user data.
- In the “Authenticity Verification Method” indicate “Auto”. “Apply”.
Having completed this operation, proceed to connecting the provider cable, for which the WAN port connector is used.
Connecting “using the protocol of prro, you will need to repeat the same sequence of actions. True, as in the case of the house.RU, the provider, depending on the region, uses another type of connection, this is characteristic, for example, for Udmurt and Chuvash branches using dynamic IR. In order to avoid misunderstandings and unnecessary body movements before connecting, you need to clarify the connection protocol on the technical support service of customers.
This provider uses L2TP connection, new, according to reviews, a promising connection protocol. It has a number of significant differences from the previous one, but the connection process also occurs in two stages. On the first, it is necessary to apply the connection using IP addresses:
- Open the Internet and switch from it to “connection”.
- Here, as in the case of the house.ru, select the Broadband Connection item and click on it.
- Under the port of Wan, put a “use connector” checkmark, the badge will acquire a blue color indicating the activity of the option.
- Mark “Enable the Inte We” and “Use to Release the Internet” if it is planned to use IPTV.
- In the “IP settings” options “automatically”.
- Click “apply”.
Review of the model
The model of the LITE series manufacturer ZYXEL is the basic version of the Keenetic router line. It does not support some functions inherent in the subsequent representatives of this family.
LITE does not use additional preinstalled modes that expand the possibility of its use to expand the wireless network coverage area and thereby increase its number of subscribers. These are the modes of the repeater (repiter), amplifier, adapter.
The LITE series router does not have a USB port, which does not allow it to connect external drives, 3G/4G modems for working with mobile operators.
Roter connectors and ports located on its rear panel are as follows:
- Power. for connecting a power supply unit from a Keenetic supply kit;
- four ports LAN (LAN1-LAN4), to which network devices of the wired local network are connected;
- Port WAN to connect the cable to the Internet provider;
- high.frequency connector for connecting a removable external antenna of the 2.4 GHz of the wireless network;
- The Keenetic button for hardware reset of settings to the factory values of the Lite model recessed in the recess of the Keenetic case.
On the top cover of the housing is the WPS button to activate the automatic “Wi-Fi” connection Keenetic when working in the modes of sharing several routers. It allows you to synchronize the functioning in the local network, using the settings of the main router of the LITE model without additional manual input name of the grid, password, and encryption parameters.
Indication elements that allow you to determine the status of active or created operating modes of the Keenetic router, the state of consumer connection lines are located on the surface of the LITE models. LED indicators with symbols control:
- the status of inclusion and normal functioning (constantly burns), preparation for work (rarely flashes), updating the microprocrome according to the Lite model (flickers often), off the state (does not glow);
- turning on the wireless Wi-Fi network Keenetic (constantly burns), the state turned off (does not burn), the exchange of information (flashes);
- Connection to the Keenetic Wan port, establishing a connection and information exchange (burns or flashes), lack of connection with the provider or refusal (does not burn);
- Connecting to the Keenetic LAN liability and connecting with the device, information transmission (burns or flashes), lack of connection or refusal of the Lite (does not burn).
Connection and preparation for work
Keenetic configuration is carried out through the route of the router. To enter it, we connect one of the LAN ports to the device network, with which the LITE router will be set up. This device is a stationary computer (PC) or laptop. The connection is made by a patch cord with connectors of the RJ-45 type at both ends from the Keenetic set of the Keenetic Internet center.
A provider is connected to the RJ-45 Wan Marshrutizer of the LITE. The wireless network antenna is screwed into the connector and is installed vertically to improve the conditions of the spread of radio waves of the Wi-Fi-band radio waves. In the process of “Zixel Kinetics Lite”, the user himself determines its optimal position.
Keenetic power is carried out from a home current home network through a rectifier device from the product supply kit of the Lite. The network power adapter is connected to the Power connector on the rear panel in the last turn. The button of its additional activation in the LITE version is not provided.
The PC network card, built into his motherboard, is previously set up for automatic receipt of IP addresses and DNS server. This is checked in the properties of the protocol TCP/IPV4. After turning on the rectification device in the AC network, we are waiting for the “Status” indicator on the Keenetic panel.
Connecting the router to the network
The next step is to connect the router to the power source using an adapter, which is included. The plug must be inserted into the “Power” nest.
There are LAN and WAN ports on the back panel. You need to connect a cable intended for the Internet to WAN-port, which the provider spent in the apartment.
After which you should transfer the power circuit breaker to the “v.””. The status indicators should light up (and burn continuously), which indicates the successful loading of the device and its readiness for further configuration.
To connect the router to a laptop or computer, you need to insert a cable into the LAN port, which is included.
Important! The first setting is recommended through the cable, since Wi-Fi can work unstable.
Authorization of the router
The authorization process differs depending on the device model. But for all the same, the entrance to the route web-integer is to open any browser, enter the IP address (192.168.one.1, 192.168.0.1 or my.Keenetic.NET. Syctor with data is on the box) and press “Enter”.
Old Keenetic models from Zyxel
- A window for entering the account will be displayed on the screen. enter the username and password (also indicated on the sticker).
- If the data is entered correctly, the main admin panel window will be loaded.
- Go to the section “System”. “mode”. The default is installed by Ethernet. If another method is not used, nothing needs to be changed.
- In the “Internet”. “connection” section, access on dynamic IP is set up. If the Internet is configured on the PC, select the “Clone Mas Address” option. If this did not help, contact the provider.
- In the “Internet”. “authorization” section, access to the PPPOE network is set up. Select the required protocol, remove the box from the “Disable IP address of the WAN-Inteate”, enter the login and password provided by the provider.
- In the “Internet”. “authorization” section, access to the network via L2TP is set up. Select the required protocol, enter the server name provided by the provider, login and password.
- Wi-Fi is set by default, and its settings are located in the section of the same name. In the “Connection” tab, you can change the name and password, signal power.
- In the Safety tab, the WPA2-PSK encryption method is set-you should not change it.
- In the “Home Network” section, an IP-television is adjusted in the same tab-it is necessary to specify only the LAN port, which is used.
- In the “Network Organization” tab, the IP address of the router changes, a specific IP is assigned to each device in the home network.
- In the main menu of the “Home Network” section, it is recommended to enable the option of redirecting ports and UPNP so that the torrent client can function normally.
After each change, do not forget to click on the “apply” button.
Important! UPNP resolution can be unsafe, t.to. A potential loophole for malicious applications is created in this way.
A password change occurs in the “System” section of the same name, the settings are reset in “configuration”, and the firmware update in the “microprogram”.
Keenetic OS NDMS 2.11 and earlier versions
- After turning on the router, when opening the browser, the greeting page will load. If you don’t load, insert a router address into the search line.
- Press the “Fast Settings” button.
- The master will check the serviceability of all components.
- In the next window, specify the MAC address or select “My provider does not register”. Click “Next”.
- Select automatic IP address settings. When it is necessary to manually install the addresses of the DNS servers, mark the corresponding point with a box, and in the field below to enter the IP address of the DNS server. Click “Next”.
- If the IP is statistical, you need to select manual setting. In the appeared fields, enter the data provided by the provider: address, gateway, subnet mask and DNS server. Press “Next”.
- Print login and password. If the provider did not provide them, mark the point below with a tick. Click on “next”.
- Select the type of connection (should be in the contract). After you need to enter information for a specific option.
If the parameters are set correctly, the Internet connection will be installed. You may need to update the software components.
After the master will display options for further actions. You can complete the work by clicking on the “Release on the Internet” button, or open the router web-integer to set additional parameters.
The settings are reset in the section “Home network”. “Internet”. option “Netfield”.
Modern versions of Keenetic OS
- After turning on the router, when opening the browser, the greeting page will load. If you don’t load, insert a router address into the search line.
- Select the desired tongue and clat on the button at the bottom to start the procedure.
- The master will ask you to indicate the connection method. Ethernet should be.
- Get acquainted with the license agreement and accept it. In the next window, create a password for entering the device integer. It is desirable that the password is complex (letters and numbers) and consist of at least 8 characters.
- If the connection is carried out through the cable and there is no modem, click on the desired button. Also choose a view option.
- Install an hour.long waist and set the update option (manual or automatic).
- If there is a new update, it is worth immediately installing it.
- Further on the screen, pre-installed data for Wi-Fi will be displayed, which can be changed (you should not use spaces and special characters in the login). Install a certificate for safe operation on the network.
- Allow or not anonymous sending information on the use of a device to improve the product. At the end. be sure to save account data.
The master will offer to register the router, this can be done on the official website of Help.Keenetic.com.
How to configure the Zyxel Keenetic 4G connection to the cable Internet?
After that, you can proceed to Internet access settings. First, we will deal with the cable type of connection of the standard type when the cable directly goes to the computer or in our case to the router.
To do this, we go to the corresponding section “Internet authorization”, where we will need to choose the type of connection to your provider and enter the required values. All of them can be viewed in the contract for connecting to the Internet or call and ask directly from your Internet provider.
After entering your settings, click the “Apply” button in the lower right corner of the page to preserve them. There should not be difficulties, since the Routers of Zyxel Keenetic work with all modern protocols. If you are provided only by IP address, mask and gateway for connecting, or they are assigned manually, then these data are entered in the “Internet connection” point. select “manual” or “automatically” from the drop.down list.
Another case when the Internet does not go to the computer directly, but through the ADSL modem on the telephone cord. Then we connect the Router Zyxel Keenetic with the modem using a cable and set it the mode “Wi-Fi wireless access point” in the section “System mode of operation”.
In this mode, no Internet settings need to be done, since the ADSL modem is responsible for the connection with the provider. We can only set up a home wi-fi network.
Setting Zyxel Keenetic 4G to work with 3G/4G modem
Another way to access the Internet is to use a modem from a mobile operator or Yota. Zyxel Keenetic 4G and GIGA support almost all models on the market, including the sets of Megafon 4G and MTS Connect.
To work, you need to insert a modem into the USB port and in the menu in the “System of operation mode” section “through the external USB-model 3G” or “through the external USB-model 4G-Yota” if you use the services of this company.
After that, a new characteristic point for configuring this type of connection will appear in the menu.
It remains only for us to choose from the drop.down list of our operator and click “apply” to activate the connection. all the settings for working with the operator are already driven into the corresponding fields by default.
For Yota, there is nothing at all except for connecting the modem, you do not need.
How to connect Zyxel Keenetic router to a computer
Let’s start by connecting the Zyxel Keenetic Lite router to a computer or laptop. To do this, we insert the provider’s cable into the “Internet” port of the blue color, and the patchcort with one end into the computer’s network card, the other in one of the yellow slotting connectors that are called the “home network” here.
It often happens that at home there is no computer at hand. Then you can set Keenetic directly from the phone, tablet or laptop on Wi-Fi. To do this, let’s look at the sticker located on the bottom of the case of the Internet center (the representatives of the ZYXEL company themselves call their routers). This label will have information for access to primary settings
In order to move to the Zyxel Keenetic settings as an administrator from a computer, the manufacturer offers to use the web address “My.Keenetic.Net “. At the same time, the Login and Password pair in the first.generation Keenetic series looked like “Admin/1234” by default, and on new models, in the first connection, these data are set independently. It is also possible to go to the router at its IP address. 192.168.one.one
Обзор Wi-Fi роутера KEENETIC Start | Ситилинк
In the event of an error, read the article where I describe in detail what needs to be done on the computer in order to guaranteed to enter the ZYXEL settings.
Internet connection setup
Let’s analyze in detail how to connect the Zyxel Keenetic router to the Internet using the most popular types.
To do this, you need the following information from the provider:
- Internet connection protocol (dynamic IP, Static IP, PPTP, PPPOE, L2TP)
- If necessary, IP address or domain name of the server
- If necessary. login and password for connecting
- Find out if the provider is filtered at the MAC address of the computer
First of all, you need to rely on the type of connection to the Internet.
In the event that the provider provides services through a dynamic IP address, you can simply insert a cable into the WAN port and immediately start Wi-Fi configuration.
If you are provided with a static IP for connecting to the Internet, then go in the lower menu on the icon in the form of a globe (“Internet”) and open the “iPoe” tab. Click on “Add the Inte We”
In the new window in the “IP settings” menu, select manual and enter the data provided to us. IP, gateway, mask. Sometimes it is also required to indicate the addresses of the DNS servers, but most often these fields remain empty. We also activate the checkpoints “Turn on” and “Use to access the Internet”
Keenetic routers have many models that have similar design and functionality. And in this article we will consider the basic actions that will help you connect, configure or drop any of the routers of this brand. At the same time, we will consider them both on the example of updated Keenetic brand models, and on the example of previous versions of Zyxel Keenetic.
Primary and subsequent settings of the connected router are performed in the control panel. You can go into it both from the computer and from the Keenetic mobile application (for updated models) or my.Keenetic (for previous models of routers). To enter the control panel, you need to register address 192 in any browser.168.one.1 or my.Keenetic.NET and press the input key (Enter). If you are doing the first setting, when you go, select “Start a quick setting” and answer all the questions asked. We will analyze them in more detail further.If this is not the first call, you need to know the name and password of the administrator for entering. If you forgot or do not know them, try the following options: name. admin, password. admin or such a pair: name. admin, password. 1234. If such combinations are not suitable, drop the router to factory settings (read about the reset below). In this case, you can pass all the stages of connection again.
How to reset the settings and password of the Roter Zyxel Keenetic to factory
To reset the settings of Keenetic routers, the factory in all models uses the reset button, which is located on the back or side of the case and may be a hidden hole or ordinary. In the first case, to press the button, you will have to arm yourself suitable for the hole with a sharp object. In most models, the reset procedure is the same.So, in the models of Keenetic Giga, Extra, Omni or 4G, the “reset” button must be pressed and hold for about ten seconds until the status indicator starts to flash. In the Zyxel Keenetic Lite III model, the button is also clamped for 10 seconds until all indicators on the front panel and blinking of the power indicator. After successful discharge, the router will reboot. If you release the button until the indication change, the router will simply reboot without returning to factory settings.Recall that after reset to the initial settings, all settings made before that will be reset. This means that you will have to re-connect and configure the router, change the name, password of the Wi-Fi network and other parameters. Therefore, before reset, we recommend record the settings made (make a backup) or use the connection instructions.
- connect a router to the Internet;
- connect the router to the control device;
- Go to the control device in the control panel of the router and set the settings according to the contract with the Internet provider;
- Connect all home or office devices to the router that requires the Internet.
Connecting the router to the Internet
This procedure depends on how exactly you connect to the Internet. The most frequent case is the institution of the cable from the provider. In this case, you must insert the connector of this cable into the port of the router allocated for this. In most models of Keenetic routers, this port has a blue color (or color that differs from the color of other ports) and is indicated by the number 0. It can also be signed as “Internet” or WAN.Another connection option is to work through the modem. At the same time, both a telephone cable and optical (GPON modems) can be started on the modem. Then you first need to insert this cable into the modem, and then connect the modem with a router with a wire. The third option is to use a mobile Internet via a USB modem, provided that the router has a USB connector. Such a connector has, for example, the models of Keenetic Extra, Omni, Giga or 4G. On the Keenetic website for each of the models of routers, all the models of USB modems are described with them. To connect to the Internet in this way, it is enough for you to remove in advance from the SIM card of the PIN-code modem (if necessary) and insert a USB modem into the appropriate router port.
Use any of the described methods only when the router is connected to the network and fully loaded. Most models about the reader of the router for work say a constantly burning status indicator. There are other ways of connecting to the Internet, for example, through the second router, but in this article we will not consider them.
Connecting the router to the control device
A router is a smart device with a large arsenal of settings, so you need a device from which these settings can be made. In the role of such a device, a laptop, a stationary computer or a smartphone is most often used, but it can be another modern gadget. You can connect the router to the control device in two ways: by cable via the LAN port or through the Wi-Fi network. To take advantage of the first way, take a patch cord (a small cable, which in most models comes with a router) and connect it at one end to the port of the LAN router and the second end to the network port of the control device. Most often, it is recommended to connect a router to any LAN port or to the port under number 1 in the instructions.You can use the second way if your control device has a Wi-Fi module. Turn it on if it is turned off and build a list of available Wi-Fi networks. On a mobile phone, you move the notification curtain down, press the Wi-Fi icon with holding until the list of networks is built, or otherwise according to your phone instructions. In the Windows 10 operating system on a computer, this list is built through a notification panel, which is called the button in the lower right corner of the screen. Open the list of networks in it. After building the list, find the network of the router you connected and connect to it by learning the exact name and password to the network on the router label. Recall that before connecting the router to the control device, it must be included in the network, connected to the Internet and ready to work.
Roter setting through the control panel
- Enter the control panel through the browser at the address indicated on the router label. In most cases, it is: 192.168.one.1 or my.Keenetic.Net.
- Launch a quick setup master and answer his questions or make settings manually. When working the wizard, you need to come up with a name and password for the control panel, select the type of Internet, type of connection, MAC address and other requested characteristics. You can find out this information from the provider: look at the contract, on the site or by phone.
- Change the name and password of the Wi-Fi network, if you did not do it in the previous step.
- Wait for the firmware update (if necessary) without turning off the router and control device.
- Make sure that the router gives the Internet by opening any page in the browser on the control device.
Connection to the router of home devices
To provide all home or office devices by the Internet through a router, you need to connect them to it via a cable or via a Wi-Fi network. By cable you can connect as many devices as there are free ports LAN (with numbers 1, 2, 3 and so on). Since the wired connection provides higher speed, devices that require a powerful signal, such as computers or TV settings are usually connected through the cable. The advantage of such a connection is also the independence of the signal from interference indoors in the form of walls, metal and other items, but you will have to pay for this with a gasket throughout the apartment or the office of the wires. The patch cords themselves will have to be purchased separately, since one short cable is usually included with the router.Consider the option of wired connection using the Smart TV prefix, which can be connected in this way (some smart TV settings can be connected only via Wi-Fi). First you need to connect the network connector of the prefix with any free port of the LAN router. Further options are possible. When launching a quick setting master in the router control panel, which we wrote about above, put a checkmark in the IP-Television section and enter the necessary data according to the agreement with the service provider. Another option is to go to network settings on the TV and choose the option “Wending connection” or the like, start the setup master and answer his questions in the same way (more in the article “How to connect a Smart setup to the TV”). In some cases, the prefixes are connected automatically, without demanding to enter any data.In the case of a wireless connection, you just need to connect to the Wi-Fi router network. Consider this procedure on the example of a smartphone. Put the notifications on the smartphone down and click on the wi-fi icon or go to the “Settings” icon, find the connection section there and click on the wi-fi line (your phone may be a little differently). There will be a list of Wi-Fi networks available for connecting. Find in it the network, the name of which you filled when setting up the connection (see. above). Click on the network and on the “Connect” button, entering the password you invented earlier. Also activate the function “connect automatically”. If you forgot the passwords, make a reset of settings (see. above the section “How to reset the settings of the router”).On a TV or other devices, actions are similar. You must go to the network settings section, find a wireless connection in it and take the steps described in the previous paragraph.Keenetic routers have an understandable design and friendly control panel, suitable for both beginners and experienced users. With its help, you can quickly make basic settings and no longer return to this issue or master all the extensive functionality to solve a variety of network problems.
Connection of the Router Zyxel Keenetic Lite III
Connecting directly via cable
Included with your router is a power adapter. Connect it to the corresponding nest on the rear panel of the router, stick it into the outlet, click the power button and wait until the status indicator on the front panel will glow constantly. Then insert a cable that spent a provider into your house with the inscription “Internet”. A small cable for connecting a router with other devices is also supplied to the kit. Insert one end into the yellow port 1 with the inscription “Home network”, and insert the other end into the computer’s network port.You can connect devices without a cable if the Wi-Fi module is present in the computer. In this case, you need to turn on this module on the computer, find the Keenetic router network in the network connection section and connect to it using the input data from the router label.After connection, you need to open any browser on the computer, dial in the address line My.Keenetic.net and go to the admin panel. Use the name and password for the control panel that are written on the router label. Further settings will be described below.
Connection via the modem
If the Internet is not on your house on a regular cable, but by a telephone line or GPON technology, you need to connect a modem to the router. To do this, connect the cable from the modem to the blue port of the router with the inscription “Internet”. Insert a telephone or optical cable into the modem. Then connect the computer’s network port to the LAN Port Router. After loading the devices, go to my address.Keenetic.NET, using data for entry from the sticker on the router. To use all the capabilities of the Lite III router, connected through the modem, make sure that the latter works in Bridge Mode mode. If the modem is connected in the routing mode, then you need to put the switch on the rear panel in the “Access point” position in the Lite III router. In this case, the settings are carried out in accordance with the relevant regime described in the article “The operating modes of the Router Zyxel Keenetic Lite III”.
For the router to work efficiently, install it in the room where you want to have the best signal. The greater the distance from the router to wireless devices and the thickness of the wall, the weaker the signal will be. When choosing a place, pay attention to the location near the microwave of the microwave and other devices operating at a frequency of 2.4 GHz. The smaller there are, the less interference will be created during the operation of the router. If you want the network to be caught not only in the house, but also on the personal plot, put the router on the window overlooking the site. For maximum distribution of the Wi-Fi-signal of the router in a horizontal plane, keep the antennas in an upright position.
Settings of the Router Zyxel Keenetic Lite III
Different versions of the Keenetic Lite III router may differ, but the principle of configuration in them is about the same. One way is to go to my browser to go to my browser.Keenetic.net, choose a language and start the “Fast Settings” module. Answer all the questions of the master of fast settings, and the Internet will work on your computer. In this case, you may need an agreement with the provider. If you find it difficult to choose or fill out specific fields, study the article on connecting the Keenetic Giga KN-1010 router.Instead of quick setting, you can set parameters yourself. For example, in this way. Go to the control panel at 192.168.one.1, select the tongue and click at the bottom of the window at the link “control panel”. After that, select the Wendnous in the Internet section and set all the necessary settings. Recall that the type of connection must be viewed in the contract with the provider and, if necessary, set other parameters, for example, the user name and password. In the section “Home network” you need to set the name of the network and password. After that, you can open any page in the browser and make sure that the Internet has earned. You can make the rest of the settings as you wish, for example, set the schedule of the router or something else.
It is recommended that update the firmware of the router be performed from a computer connected to it through a cable, or through a mobile application. In this case, the router must be connected to the Internet. Consider the option of updating through the admin panel.Go to the control panel at my.Keenetic.Net, in the menu on the left, select the “System Monitor” and “On System” section. If a new version is currently available for the router, the “OS version” line will appear “Available Update”. Click on this inscription and select the update channel. They may be a release, preliminary version or test assembly. Only in the release all updates were thorough testing, while in preliminary versions and test assemblies, errors may contain errors. After selecting the channel, click on the “Install” button, then “confirm” and wait for the update process. At this time, you can not turn off the router from the network or from the Internet, as this can lead to the failure of the router.After a successful update in the line “OS version”, new numbers will appear. If you do not want to update the router every time, activate the switch in the line “Automatic update of the operating system”.
How to configure the Keenetic Start Wi-Fi Roter
The setting of the router implies that you need to enter your provider and set the desired work parameters. Enter data from the provider is necessary when setting up the router and in the case of resetting its settings (read about it at the end of the article). The setting parameters of the router include the task of the schedule of its work, a change of passwords, updating the firmware and others. And with the primary and in the following settings, you must connect the router to the computer using a network cable or via Wi-Fi. Only after that you can enter the control panel and set the desired settings.
Keenetic START KN-1111, PPPoE IPTV настройка роутера
After connecting the computer to the router, open Google Chrome, Yandex.Browser “or another browser and go to the address 192.168.one.1 or my.Keenetic.Net. In the first dialog box, if necessary, change your tongue and run the quick setting using the command of the same name.By default, the administrator panel uses the name and password Admin and Admin, respectively. Since these data are too simple and are familiar to everyone, the service immediately offers to change them not others. We do not advise you to miss this step, since in this case even schoolchildren can easily go into the settings and change parental prohibitions. At the same time, be sure to write down the new name and password, since the only way of changing them is the return of the router to factory settings.After filling out all the fields, click “Continue” and in the next window select Ethernet position. In the future, if you need, for example, to connect another to this router to strengthen the signal, you can choose the option “Additional modes”. Click “Continue”.The following services are set up. If you want to immediately configure interactive television, then put checks in both positions: “Internet” and “IP-television”. In this case, you will need the data of the service provider.Look in the contract with the supplier what IP protocol you have. With a static IP address, select manual setting and drive a mask, gateway and other data from the contract. In the case of the PPPOE protocol, enter the user name and password issued to you by the supplier, or select the automatic IP setting for other cases. In case of doubt, call the Internet provider. IP television data also take from the documents. If the contract does not say anything about the MAC address, then select the option “by default”.Next, you choose the type of service that is spelled out in your contract. If it is not spelled out or the dynamic type is indicated, then select “without password”. Click “Continue” and wait for the end of the connection and verification procedure. The service will offer you to set the method of network protection. select the option for your discretion.In the last step, the screen displays data for connection: network name and network key. You can leave them as they are, or change to your. In the second case, bring the mouse to the “Data for connecting to Wi-Fi” and click on the pencil icon that appears. After setting new values, save the settings.After completing the setting, run the menu of the control panel fluently. Your task is not to figure out each setting, since often for home use they are not required. But it is advisable for you to know where the main settings are set. These include the setting of the Internet and the Wi-Fi network, the change of password of the administrator and the network key to the Wi-Fi network, as well as the restoration, discharge and updating of the firmware. Find these positions in your menu yourself.
Reset of settings to factory
To reset old user parameters of the router, use the Reset button in the back. You have to clamp it for a few seconds, and then let it go when the indicators blink in front. You can get to a small key with a needle, thin handle, matches or other thin objects.
Sometimes malfunctions in the operation of the network device may be due to the fact that outdated firmware (OS) is installed on it. To change it to the LITE model, do the following:
Open this page of the official site Keenetic. Download the latest current version of the firmware for LITE your hardware version (Rev.A or rev.B. designation is on the label from behind).
Download the firmware from the official resource
Launch the firmware update in the Inteime
https: // otzovik.COM/ReView_548858.HTML
In general, the router is simple in the settings, especially if you read the instructions that is written in an accessible language. And also not to be afraid of all terrible numbers and boots received in the contract from the provider. The network will not fail, both local and the Internet. The signal is caught well even on the approach to the apartment: even has not yet reached the door, and the phone has already caught a home Wi-Fi and signals about new letters. The only stationary PC had to be switched to connection via Lan cable, t. to. Warface constantly lost contact with the server. But this is already a feature of this game than a router. So I recommend the device as reliable and easy to use coherent with the Internet.
https: // otzovik.COM/ReView_7847857.HTML
Advantages: there are no pluses and cannot be shortcomings: one disorder, I would know. I didn’t take it I purchased in July 2013, it seemed at first there were no special complaints. Two loads were installed: Statskop through a cable and a knit through Wi-Fi. After a month of operation, I stopped transferring Wi-Fi, I had to perfume the wall and lay a cable for the laptik. In December, the Internet began to interrupt, every 10 minutes. I took it for verification. The master said that the old version was stitched, he installed a new one, but “He hangs you every 10 minutes”. I had to go to the store, where at first they said that everything works properly, but then it was tortured either, then changed it to ASUS. Brought home, set up. beauty! Everything is working!
https: // otzovik.COM/ReView_711647.HTML
The Router ZYXEL Keenetic Lite is easily tuned-on the web panel, which starts through a simple browser after connecting the router to the PC (that is, when the latter is in the local network of the router). First of all, we install the correct Internet protocol in order for the provider to transmit a signal to the router. Then we change the standard password from the “wi-fi”. If something went wrong, you can always drop the settings using the Reset button from behind.