Configuring Fork Player on Samsung TV
Locking individual channels
There are many reasons why the TV does not show certain channels, in some cases the user has blocked them. What is the purpose of this? Everything is very simple and straightforward, setting a password for TV channels allows you to block it from children. To tune the channels by setting some password, follow the instructions:
- Opening the main menu.
- Select the section “Broadcast”.
- Click on the command “Lock”.
- We activate it by selecting “Enable”.
- Select the channels that you want to block, just put a tick next to them.
By default, the system locks them with the standard password. 0000. However, before saving the changes made, the TV will offer to set its own password.
If at a certain moment the need for blocking disappears, then it is very easy to cancel it, for this you need to go to the “Broadcast” section again, select “Block”, and then simply disable this function by entering the set password.
To re-tune TV channels on an old Samsung TV model manually, without calling the wizard, you need to take into account several extremely important nuances at once:
- old models differ from new ones in a complex and incomprehensible interface, because of this problems arise;
- outdated TVs are not equipped with automatic tuning;
- old Samsung TVs are not capable of broadcasting high definition images.
Manual tuning involves changing many important basic parameters. Sometimes this scares off users, although in fact there is nothing difficult about it, you just need to adjust the frequency correctly, you definitely cannot break the TV.
How do I tune my TV manually? Follow the simple step-by-step instructions:
- Open the main menu, and then go to the “Antenna” section.
- We select “Setting manually”. “Setting up digital TV channels”.
- Click on “Create”, as a result of which a window will open with additional indicators: purity, module, transfer.
- First you need to set the following parameters 170,000 kHz, 128 QAM and 6900 KS / s.
- The TV will tune in for a certain time, searching for channels. The images will change, and TV footage will start to appear.
- After finishing, you need to click on the “Save” button, after which a window will appear for adjusting the frequency, module and transmission, leave the last parameters unchanged, but indicate a new frequency. 178000 kHz, start the search again.
By the same principle, you can continue to search for TV channels, constantly adding 8000 kHz to the frequency. Experiments of this kind can be carried out up to an indicator of 226,000.
In this way, the sound and picture quality can also be significantly improved by making them very clear. Go to the menu and select the “Image” section, and then arbitrarily adjust the clarity, brightness, contrast and other parameters.
You can also sort the channels manually. To do this, open the main menu, and then go to the “Broadcast” section. Check the boxes next to the desired programs. Here you can add your favorite channels to favorites or save the current arrangement.
It is the auto-tuning function that is why many experts define Samsung TV-equipment as the “smartest” one on the market. Each user will be able to automatically set up TV programs, arrange them alphabetically.
First you need to choose a signal source: antenna, cable, satellite. Some Smart TV models are offered to the user by the most popular providers: NTV, Telekarta, Rostelecom, Tricolor. If you want to use the services of the listed operators, then the channels will be found automatically and arranged according to the traditional order.
After completing the auto-tuning, select the programs of a specific provider. They will be arranged in accordance with the settings of the TV broadcast operator. To rearrange the channels, use the Move function:
- Press the Main Menu button on the remote control.
- Then select the command “Broadcast” it is presented as a white satellite dish icon.
- Scroll down until we come across the command “Change the channel number”, activate it by selecting “Enable”.
- To proceed to the next step, return to the “Home” tab, and then open the “Broadcasts” section again. press right and select the command “Modify”.
- Select the channel whose location you would like to change, select it with a tick, and then click on “Change number”.
Automatic search can be started without a remote control. If you are using an LCD Smart TV, then you can enable auto-tuning using a keyboard, mouse, or a regular smartphone. Regular TVs can be configured via the navigation buttons located on the front of the device.
Features of Samsung TVs
For example, TVs of 6 series with an LED matrix are mainly equipped with the Smart TV function. Potential buyers who have not previously used “smart” technology do not want to configure such devices on their own, therefore they pay fabulous money for the services of specialists. This is not the wisest decision, since the operating system is in Russian, therefore, in order to set up the technique, you just need to follow the step-by-step tips that pop up on the screen.
What if you lost your instructions? Manufacturers are well aware that only a small part of consumers continue to use traditional paper instructions, so they try to simplify the interface as much as possible and make it intuitive.
You will not find any overly complex or confusing commands in the menu. You just need to connect the TV to the network and turn it on using the remote control. You can tune free TV channels by connecting to the most common antenna.
Of course, devices released by Samsung have their own “chips” that distinguish them from other brands, but believe me, they are more related to additional functionality, so they will not be a special problem.
Editing and deleting
To remove unnecessary channels, add new ones or sort them by placing favorites at the top of the list, use the “Change” option.
How do I set up channels? To adjust TV channels, follow the simple step-by-step instructions:
- Open the menu, select the section “Broadcast” or “Live”.
- Push on the remote control to the right.
- Select the “Change” option.
- Highlight the channels to be deleted.
- Use the arrows on the remote to move the TV channels.
As you can see, it is extremely easy to adjust the TV broadcast grid. It’s enough just to follow the previously described algorithm.
Particular attention should be paid to the fact that by moving a channel that has a name, you will simply swap it with others. For example, if you want to transfer TNT from position 20 to position 2, on which the CTC is already located, then there will be no displacement, they will simply change positions.
However, if the TV program does not have a title, then the entire grid will shift to a certain side. Sometimes the exposed location can get confused, so you have to periodically repeat this procedure over and over again.
Of course, right after connecting the TV, users have the question of how to properly set up the reception of TV channels? The predominantly Russian-language interface is selected by default, so you just have to perform simple actions in accordance with this step-by-step algorithm:
- Open the main menu by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control.
- Go to the basic settings section.
- Click on the “Search and configure TV channels” section.
- Choose one of two ways to search for channels. manual or automatic.
- Wait for the TV to find channels, then save the programs to your Samsung TV.
If the user nevertheless begins to set up television broadcasting in automatic mode, then, in fact, the whole process will take several minutes. The device will find available channels, and then assign them numerical values, by the way, you can change them later.
Once you finish setting up your Samsung TV, the first channel on the list will automatically turn on. For a complete list of broadcasts, use the corresponding buttons on the remote control.
Many do not know how to connect and configure an external receiver, especially if it is a satellite box. In fact, it is also not difficult to do this, since mainly the interface of modern receivers is also translated into Russian and is as simple and understandable as possible.
Now let’s talk about the features of automatic and manual channel search that are included in free digital TV multiplexes.
How to set up your Samsung TV yourself
Many owners of television equipment from Samsung are faced with various kinds of problems in the process of self-setting the basic parameters. Especially when it comes to Smart TV models.
In fact, setting up Samsung TVs is far from the most difficult process, the main thing is to follow the instructions, and then you can achieve the desired result, while spending a minimum of free time. Of course, first it is advisable to study the tips for setting up the TV, this is what we will talk about now.
Setting the picture and sound
When it comes to how to adjust the picture or adjust the volume, many users run into problems. This is actually very easy to do. You will need a remote control.
Often the picture is too dark or light, to adjust the optimal color reproduction go to the appropriate settings. Open the service menu by pressing the button on the remote control, and then go to the “Image” section.
- by changing the contrast, the user adjusts the ratio of dark and light tones;
- clarity allows you to get rid of the blur effect, the sharpness of the image is adjusted;
- adjusting the brightness will make the picture darker or lighter, depending on the situation;
- color correction allows you to make the image as saturated as possible.
Correctly adjusted color reproduction will provide the best possible picture quality. Samsung TVs also allow advanced picture adjustments, but this command is more suitable for advanced users.
Also, a few words need to be said about how the sound is tuned. Believe me, this parameter affects viewing no less than image correction. Go to the service menu, namely the “Settings” tab, and then select the “Sound” subsection, here you need to select “Quality and method of sound transmission”.
Newer models of television equipment are equipped with additional functionality for adjusting sound parameters. First off, EQ, Dolby and Surround Mode should be noted.
The speaker system of absolutely all TV models has individual characteristics, which undoubtedly need to be taken into account in order to properly adjust the sound. Each parameter in the final score affects the overall sound.
Of course, Smart TV models are equipped with a more detailed system of sound and picture settings, so the user can adjust the operation of the television equipment for himself. When adjusting the picture, open the image and compare by it how much the template you created differs from the default parameters.
This is actually all. We examined all the subtleties of Samsung TV settings and gave specific recommendations that will allow you to choose the optimal settings.
How to install ForkPlayer on Smart TV (for example LG and Samsung)
If you know how to install ForkPlayer, you can access a huge number of movie sites and other useful services for free from a SmartTV-enabled TV.
The order of installing ForkPlayer differs depending on the manufacturer, model and even the series of the TV. We cannot consider all possible options, so we will focus on the general procedure for adding ForkPlayer to devices from LG and Samsung.
Installation on LG
When adding the ForkPlayer app, take into account the year of manufacture of the device and the system installed on it. For LG TVs released since 2010 with webOS or Netcast OS, the following instruction is suitable:
- Open the main menu.
- Go to the settings for connecting Smart TV to the Internet.
- Select “DNS Server”.
- Enter the value 126.96.36.199.
- Save the configuration.
If after entering this DNS ForkPlayer does not appear in the list of applications, try turning off SmartTV and then turning it back on. Or enter a different address:
If you are setting up ForkPlayer on LG TVs with webOS or Netcast 2.0-4.5, then follow these steps:
- Open your TV settings and go to the “Network Connection” tab.
- Select the method used to connect the device to the Internet.
- Select an access point or network from the list.
- Click on the “Advanced Settings” button.
- Go to the manual DNS entry tab.
- Enter 188.8.131.52.
An error message may appear on the screen when connecting to DNS. Do not worry. Wait a few minutes and reconnect. If the error pops up again, turn off your Smart TV and turn it back on. To launch the application after a connection is established, open the Premium tab and select the vTuner widget, Russia TV or First Automotive.
ForkPlayer can also be installed on LG from a flash drive, but in this case its capabilities will be significantly limited, and to expand them you will have to install the RemoteFork program and then activate it on the TV.
Since you have decided to expand your multimedia library on Smart TV, see what other free applications you can install: we have carefully prepared a selection.
Installation on Samsung
Owners of Samsung Smart TVs can also take advantage of the ForkPlayer app to add free multimedia entertainment. For this:
- Press the red button “A” on the remote control to bring up the authorization window.
- Type the account name “develop”. The password should appear automatically. Select “Login”.
- Press the “Tools” button on the remote. Go to the “Settings”.
- Open the item “Development”.
- Accept the terms of the agreement.
- Select an IP address setting.
- For synchronization, enter the address 184.108.40.206 (or 220.127.116.11).
- Click “OK” and wait until the application is synchronized.
After the synchronization is complete, you need to close Smart TV and turn it on again after a while. When you turn it back on, you will see several ForkPlayer apps at the bottom. After launching it, you will be taken to the list of sites and services from which you can play videos on TV for free.
For clarity, here’s a video that will help you figure out where to click and what to choose.
The application installation method may vary depending on the series and even the Samsung TV models. For example, on a Samsung UE40D6100SW, the password is not automatically added when the account name is “develop”. If you encounter this situation, try entering the value “111111” in the password field.
On other models, instead of the “Tools” button, you need to press the blue “D” button, then go to the “Development” section and then follow the steps of the above instructions. In the 2017 M series of TVs, the procedure generally received a different procedure.
- Open the TV menu.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Press the up button on the remote and select “Network Status”.
- Move the cursor to the left and open “IP Settings”.
- Set to obtain an IP address automatically. If this option is initially selected, do not change it.
- Go down to DNS settings and select “Enter manually”.
- Enter the address 18.104.22.168. Press the right arrow between numbers to move to the next block.
- Click “Ok”. Wait for the reconnection to complete.
Important: this method does not work on wired routers provided by providers. In addition, your service provider may be blocking DNS changes so that you cannot perform this operation. But usually there are no problems with the setup.
To get into ForkPlayer, you need to launch the DivanTV application. By default, the icons for most sites are off. To add them:
- Press the red button “A” on the remote.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select “Start Menu Settings”.
- Click on widgets to display them on the start screen.
- Go back and select any app to test ForkPlayer.
For understanding. another video in which the user shows that this method works.
If none of the above instructions helped you, write about the problem in the comments indicating the exact model. Let’s figure it out together, how else Samsung is trying to prevent us from enjoying all the possibilities of Smart TV.
How to set up Forkplayer for Samsung Smart TV
Setting up Forkplayer for Samsung does not require complicated steps. The service has many different parameters. It is not worth describing each item, because when you hover over a specific option, the system will show a detailed description. Among the main functions are:
- Parental control.
- Changing language settings.
- Picture-in-picture function.
- External design.
When you select a movie or TV series, a description will be displayed on the right side, information regarding the quality of the image and sound will also be shown there. You can watch videos on any sites, including YouTube, using your TV.
The Store Portal’s section contains a variety of collections with different video and audio. To open all the possibilities, for example, saving music, adding sites to the favorites tab, synchronizing with other devices, you will need to register on the official Fork Player website.
Forkplayer Features for 2020 Samsung TVs
ForkPlayer is a special browser adapted for TV software. That is, this program can be called a web browser. There are many options available to users, for example:
- Free watching movies online.
- Access to social networks.
- Parental control function.
- Listening to music.
- Ability to create your own playlist.
- Design changes, etc.
The presented application is provided free of charge, you do not need to purchase it to install. And all the content available in the program is taken directly from the Internet.
Samsung TV 2016. 2017 (K, M series) OS Tizen
The following instruction assumes changing DNS:
- Go to parameters.
- Go to the “Network Status” section and replace the address with one of the three. 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52.
- Turn off the telly, and after a couple of minutes turn it on again.
- Open Divan TV. Can’t find it among the programs? Change the region in the TV settings to Ukraine or Russia.
Next, to launch the browser, simply open Divan TV.
If you have any questions or complaints. let us know
How to Install and Configure Forkplayer for Samsung Smart TV: Step by Step Guide
Forkplayer for Samsung smart TV is a useful service that includes many different functions and provides additional options for users. In the article, we will consider what this resource is, how to install and configure.
Series J. Year of manufacture 2015, Tizen system
The instructions below are not suitable for all TV sets in this series. It will not work if you are using models J4500 to J5205, for them you will have to follow the procedure described above.
The rest of the 2015 J line will require a USB stick. Previously, installation was done through the standard Divan TV application. Now this method does not work. Instructions explaining how to install the ForkPlayer widget:
- First download the installer to your computer.
- Insert the USB flash drive into your computer and follow the formatting procedure.
- Create a folder named “userwidget” and drag the downloaded file into it. No need to unpack.
- Then insert the USB device into the TV and open the file. The installation will be done automatically.
- At the end it is recommended to restart the TV set.
Do not forget to remove the USB flash drive, otherwise the widget may be reinstalled.
How to install Forkplayer for Samsung Smart TV
Installing Forkplayer on a Samsung Smart TV may differ depending on the TV model. The instructions will not be very different from each other. Let’s consider the procedure for each Samsung model by year of manufacture.
Series H. Year of manufacture 2014
- Log in to Smart Hub.
- Go to Samsung Account, accept the agreement and click “OK”.
- Then log in to the profile, where specify develop as the login, and leave the password field blank.
- After entering, place the cursor on any program and hold down the “TOOLS” button located in the center of the cross. Go to the “IP Setting” tab.
- Specify. 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11. To exit and save the entered settings, click on the “OK” button.
- Press the button in the center again and wait for the additional menu to pop up, in which select the item. Start User App Sync.
Finally, re-enter Smart Hub, after which ForkPlayer will be installed.
Series C, D, E, F. Year of issue 2010-2013
If you have a C, D, E or F series TV that falls under the model year 2010-2013, do the following:
- Go to the standard Smart Hub app. If the remote has a button “A”, then press it to go.
- Sign in to your Samsung profile. In the login tab, write. develop. Leave the password field blank, it will be generated by the system.
- Then you need to go into the parameters and find the development section.
- Accept the agreement.
- Then in the parameters where you can change the IP addresses, enter one of the values - 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124.
- After entering, go to sync settings.
- Wait for the sync procedure to complete.
Finally, log out of Smart Hub and log in again. As a result, the widget icon will appear on the main application page.
Samsung TV 2016. 2018 (KU, MU, NU series) Tizen OS
As a preliminary note, the following solution is complex and requires the use of the Tizen SDK. Procedure:
- Initially, you should download the program. www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk13-downloads-5672538.html.
- You should also install Tizen Studio.
- If you get an error related to a directory, create a folder and name it “tizen-studio” on any disk. Then right-click on it, go to the “Properties” tab, and then in the “Sharing” section, check the boxes next to all the items. After that try to install Tizen Studio again.
- Open package-manager.exe and install Tizen SDK Tools.
- Then start Tizen Studio and click on “File / Import”.
- Select Tizen and in the dropdown click on Project.
- Leave the checkbox next to Archive File and download the installer.
- In the line “Profile” select “TV-samsung”.
- Launch Develop MODE on your TV.
- Open “apps”.
- On the remote, press numbers from 1 to 5.
- Turn on Develop MODE by dragging the slider to the “ON” position.
- Then go back to your computer and press the key combination. “WinR”.
- Enter “cmd”. This will open a command line where you need to specify the command. “ipconfig”.
- This will tell you the current IPv4 address. In the future, it must be entered in the parameters of the TV in the “Host PC” section.
- Turn the telly off and on.
- We return to the computer again and in Tizen Studio go to Device manage. click on the image with a magnifying glass.
- Next, scan by clicking on the corresponding button.
- The system will detect the device. In the Connect column, drag the slider to the “On” position.
- In Studio, in the top panel, you need to select the name of your TV.
- Then press the run button. Run Empty, which will open the project on TV.
After the actions taken, the application should appear in the list of standard programs on the TV.
Samsung Smart TV 2010-2014 years of release
In order to set up this widget on your Samsung Smart TV and access your playlists, you will need:
- Go to Smart Hub;
- Log in by entering your username or password or, if you have not registered yet, by entering “develop” as your username. In this case, the column with the password should be left blank;
- Click on Tools and go to the development tab;
- In the list that appears, select the item “Server IP address setting”;
- A window will appear in front of you, in which you will need to register the address of the DNS server;
- After that, you will need to click on the “User Application Synchronization” button and wait for it to finish. As a result, the ForkPlayer widget will work and you can create your playlists, view ready-made playlists and watch your favorite video on the Internet.
LG Smart TV
Installing the ForkPlayer widget on LG Smart TVs does not cause any particular difficulties.
- Download the archive with the installation files of the ForkPlayer widget and unpack it to the root of the flash drive;
- Go to the LG Smart TV Store by entering your username and password;
- Insert the flash drive and go to “My Applications” to find it, or click on the button with the image of the house to find it in the strip located at the bottom of the main screen;
- After installing the application, you will have access to the main categories. To add sheets for playing a favorite video, you will need to activate the RemoteFork option on Smart TV and run the Remote ForkPlayer program on your tablet, smartphone or computer. Also, using these applications, you can create and independently edit your playlists.
Installing from a USB stick
The installation process for the ForkPlayer application from a USB flash drive can be different. It all depends on what brand of TV it is installed on, as well as on some other points. Let’s consider the main ones.
DNS numbers for ForkPlayer
When installing ForkPlayer through changing DNS, which numbers will be used depends largely on the manufacturer of the Smart TV.
DNS addresses for Samsung Smart TV:
DNS addresses for LG Smart TV:
Outdated DNS (not recommended):
For Smart TVs from other manufacturers, DNS will have to be selected, but most often the same addresses are suitable for this as for LG.
ForkPlayer DNS setup and errors
ForkPlayer, which is installed on TVs with Smart TV function, is quite popular among people today. This is not surprising, because it is quite easy and convenient to use. Thanks to ForkPlayer, you can watch a huge number of Russian and foreign channels for free, watch videos from the Internet, as well as watch movies and TV series online. In addition, you can listen to your favorite music over the Internet or access files stored on a computer, flash drive or other portable device. In addition, you can create playlists yourself and add the video you like to them. If you wish, you can install an additional widget on your computer that will facilitate the process of creating and editing a playlist. And this is not all the advantages of this widget.
However, in the process of installing and configuring the ForkPlayer widget, some people may have problems. This is primarily due to the fact that the process of setting up and installing the application is not so simple, and everyone can make a mistake when entering data. In addition, there are many different DNS IP addresses and it is not always possible to guess which one you personally need the first time. In addition, errors can appear as a result of problems with access to the Internet or problems with other programs that prohibit visiting some sites or launching an application.
All these problems can be solved. To do this, you just need to be careful when connecting and configuring ForkPlayer, as well as know some of the secrets and features that we will tell you about in this article.
Samsung Smart TV J Series
Installing ForkPlayer from a USB flash drive and accessing playlists with your favorite videos is quite simple. For this:
- Create a folder on the USB flash drive called “userwidget” and transfer the widget archive to it without unpacking it.
- Insert the flash drive into the TV and wait for the application to install.
- After it is installed, remove the drive so that the program does not reinstall when you turn on the Smart TV.
LG Smart TV
To set up ForkPlayer on LG Smart TV, you need:
- Select “Network connection” in the TV settings;
- Then you need to go to the “DNS server”;
- A window will appear in front of you, in which you will need to manually enter the address of the DNS server;
- After that you will need to go to the “Premium” section. Here you need to launch the Russia TV, Radio, First Automotive, vTuner application or, if you enter new DNS, the Accu weather application. As a result, the ForkPlayer widget will start working and you can watch your favorite video.
However, this option has some nuances that may arise during the installation process. If you cannot find any of the above applications, then make sure that Russia or Ukraine is in the TV settings. If, when you start them, ForkPlayer still does not work and there is no access to playlists, then you should understand what the problem is and solve it in another way.
Samsung Smart TV J series with software 1421-1422
This option is more complicated. Many do not even install the ForkPlayer program, as they do not want to take the time to downgrade the software. Without this, it will be impossible to install the widget.
In order to roll back to an older version, you need:
- Download the folder with the firmware to a USB flash drive;
- Go to the main Smart TV menu and find the firmware update item;
- In the menu that appears, select the update from USB;
- Wait for the firmware to be updated. When this process is over, the TV will turn itself off;
- After it turns on, a small sign will appear on the screen. Click OK and remove the USB flash drive;
- Now you can start installing ForkPlayer.
Installation via changing DNS
Setting up ForkPlayer through changing DNS is the easiest and fastest way to install this widget on your Smart TV. The only thing you need for this is the TV connection to the Internet and the correct IP address.
2014 Samsung TV H series
The technology for installing the Fork player on Samsung TVs in 2014 is exactly the same as on the C, D, E, F series. The only difference is in the menu interface, the setup procedure is as follows:
- Open the TV menu and find the item “Smart Hub”.
- Next, you need to find the line “Samsung Account” and click “OK”.
- Find Log in and log into your account with the following data: login. develop. no password needed.
Wait until the end of synchronization and exit Smart Hub and then enter again, ForkPlayer application will appear in the main or additional menu.
Fork player for Samsung Smart TV
Modern Samsung TVs with Smart TVs, even in their basic state, are distinguished by wide functionality. If this is not enough, then install the dedicated ForkPlayer app for Samsung Smart TV. It will open access to a huge number of TV channels that you can watch for free. You will be able to run videos on the Internet, watch movies and much more.
Samsung TV 2016. 2017 (K, M series) Tizen operating system
Installing the player by changing the DNS for Samsung TVs with Smart TV Tizen occurs in the following order:
- go to settings / network status;
- we make a change to one of the following DNS. 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206;
- then turn off (wait 1 minute) and turn on the TV again;
- Launch the Divan TV widget, if it is not in the list of applications, try changing the region of your Smart TV to Ukraine or Russia.
If nothing works, you need to check if your TV is connected to the Internet. It may also be that these DNS are blocked by your Internet provider or in the router settings.
How to install ForkPlayer for Samsung Smart TV
To install Fork player for Samsung TV with Smart TV, you need to know the model and series of your TV. You can view it on the back of the TV, or find it in the documentation. For each series of release, its own technology for installing ForkPlayer, and all of them will be described in detail in this article.
Possible errors and problems with ForkPlayer
During installation or while the widget is running, problems and errors may occur. We have collected the most common reasons why ForkPlayer does not work on Samsung TV, and possible solutions to the problem.
- During IPTV playback, only black screen.
This happens because of a non-working playlist. Approximately 80% of all playlists on the Internet are not working. Check out multiple playlists.
- No video works, instead of them a black screen.
Try to launch the simplest services. YouTube or Kinokard. If they don’t work either, change the player type in the settings (html5 or media).
- The MAC address has been changed, how can the old one be returned.
In Samsung Tizen, you need to change the connection type from LAN to Wi-Fi and vice versa.
These are the main errors in Samsung TVs that can occur during operation or installation of the Fork player.
ForkPlayer Features for Samsung TVs
ForkPlayer amazes with its functionality, bringing TV closer to a full-fledged computer. Let’s highlight the most interesting functions:
- search and watch movies online;
- visiting the social network ;
- the presence of parental control;
- creation of playlists;
- the ability to change the external design of the program;
- many additional settings and tips that greatly simplify the use of the program.
Another feature is that the application is completely free, which is surprising for such a quality product.
2015 Samsung TV, J series Tizen operating system
This method of installing the player is suitable for all Samsung J-series TVs except for models from J4500 to J5205 (you should use the previous method for them).
Installing the player via the Divan TV widget stopped working after updating it, so we proceed as follows:
- Insert the USB flash drive into your computer / laptop and format it.
- Next, create a new folder on the USB flash drive, and rename it to userwidget
- Download this file and copy it to the USB flash drive in the userwidget folder just like downloaded (without unpacking)
- Connect the USB storage device to the TV and then turn it on. Wait a few minutes until the player is installed.
- After that, be sure to remove the USB flash drive so that the widget is not reinstalled.
This method is very simple and does not require any special technical skills.
Samsung TV 2016. 2018 (KU, MU, NU series) Tizen operating system
Installation takes place using the Tizen SDK. This is the recommended installation method, but it is complex. Read the instructions carefully and watch the video below.
- The first thing to do is download and install the Java SE Development Kit (JDK) version 8
- Next, you need to download and install Tizen Studio
details about the current installation method can be found in the video below.
Samsung TV 2010-2013 year of release. Series C, D, E, F
The first thing we will do is analyze the installation of the application on the most popular TV models of 2010-2013. And so if you have a Samsung C, D, E, F series, then the installation procedure is as follows:
- We go to Smart Hub. To do this, press the “A” key on the control panel, if there is no one, go to the TV menu and look for the Smart Hub item.
- Next, you need to log into your account. For this in the field Uch. Zap. Samsung enter the word develop. You do not need to register a password, it is generated automatically. Step 1
Select the item “Setting the server IP address” and enter the following numbers. 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168 Step 5
After entering the numbers, press “OK” on the remote control, and select the line “Synchronization of user applications”. Step 7
Wait for the sync to finish and log out of Smart Hub and then log back in. The installed application should appear on the home page or in the menu with other widgets.
Installation process via DNS
Most often, users prefer installing forkplayer via DNS. If your TV model came out after 2010 and is based on the Netcast webOS operating system, you can use this method. The setup will only take a few minutes and will be done automatically. The TV brand doesn’t matter. The main thing is only two conditions: the year of release is not earlier than 2010 and one of the two platforms described. If your device fits these parameters, you must:
Since you can install Fork Player designed for LG Smart TV using different methods, it is worth considering the second option. It applies to devices that run on systems from version 2.0 to 4.5 and includes a few simple steps. To install you will need:
- go to the settings menu and click on the Network connections section;
- then you need to choose a wired or wireless method to connect to the Internet;
- in the first case, the screen will display a record that the network is currently connected, after which you must select a list of networks or points to access them;
- then the user needs to select the advanced settings option;
- in the settings window, you will need to enter the DNS address manually, this will be the number 22.214.171.124;
- in the case of a wireless connection, you must enter the password, and then also select the advanced settings option;
- after entering the DNS address, an error warning will appear on the screen, the user needs to wait a few minutes and repeat the connection process again;
- when the Smart option is connected, you must click on “Finish” and start the widget, after which the program will work.
Usually, setting up the application does not take much time, but in order to significantly simplify the work with it, you should download a program called Remote ForkPlayer to your computer or phone, which is activated in TV settings.
The new version, current in 2017, replaced the old 2.0 media player, now it includes an updated list of convenient options that many users have already appreciated. This list includes benefits such as:
- the ability to create tabs to save information after exiting the widget; to activate this option, you need to go to the settings item and click on the item called “Initial group”, then choose to continue working from the desired place;
- visibility of the data search process, which allows you to stop it by pressing a button if the desired file is found;
- the ability to customize the brightness, color scheme and background of the application, taking into account individual needs;
- a simplified navigation panel that allows you to return to the previous section by pressing a special button;
- the appearance of a green bar in the process of loading data, which displays its duration and activity.
What is this widget for?
Not everyone knows that this application can be installed on any TV and other smart TV-enabled device, regardless of its brand. This program allows you to search for films in a convenient online mode in open sources. Thus, each user will be able to access the content of a wide variety of topics, this service is completely free, and it does not matter how the connection will be made. This can be done using an ordinary flash drive or via the Internet.
Modern “smart” television offers all users a huge number of opportunities to receive content and information, for this reason, the presence of special applications is a must. The fork player has become especially famous because through this media player you can easily get free access to an extensive list of TV channels on any topic. It is also designed for watching movies, videos, listening to music online and from any media connected to the TV.
What is Fork player for LG Smart TV
Today’s world is experiencing a real boom for new models of Smart TVs. Innovative technologies, modern design, a huge selection of a model range. all this explains the growing popularity of Smart TV. But after buying the long-awaited TV, an important question arises: for high-quality operation and convenient use, you need to install a special player, but how to choose it from a huge variety? Many, relying on public taste, choose among the most popular and already proven ones. ForkPlayer is one such widget. We will focus on it in order to learn in detail all its main functions and advantages.
Installing from external media
Installing ForkPlayer on LG Smart TV can be done in several ways, for example, from external media, in which case the list of available content will be more limited. To get full access, you need to download an additional widget on your PC or phone and enable it in the TV settings. The installation file must be located on a USB flash drive, from which you will need to run it. In this case, there are also two available installation methods, if we are talking about a device with WebOS OS, the user will need:
- open a preloaded archive on the media;
- go to your Smart TV account for Samsung or LG and turn on the flash drive;
- after finding it, you must click on the remote control button with the image of the house, you need to flip through until the widget is found in the list;
- then you will need to open the application by activating the Remote widget on the PC after activating it on the TV device.
In the same way, you can install ForkPlayer for Sony devices for Smart TV. Every user should know about the second method, designed for Netcast OS and TVs that were made from 2010 to 2013. In this case, another instruction will be relevant, according to which you need:
- open the archive, after turning on the media where the media player is already located, to the device and log into your own account;
- then you need to go to the “My Applications” section, located in the lower right corner;
- after selecting this section on USB, you will need to open the file with the player;
- to get full access, you will need to install and run on a third-party device, for example, on a PC or smartphone, the Remote application and activate the RemoteFork option.
All described installation methods will be relevant for any device regardless of its brand, including Samsung Smart TV. In this case, it is worth choosing the most suitable option depending on the type of operating system and other factors, after the successful completion of the installation, you can test the media player and all the advantages of the “smart” TV, which will certainly become even more popular in 2017.