Computer Hangs And Restarts Windows 7
Many PC users often encounter a problem when windows 7 hangs on the logo when loading, that is, the download normally goes to a certain place, after which the operating system (OS) falls into a “stupor” and is brought into “feelings” only after pressing the Reset button.
There are many reasons that lead to this phenomenon, among which there are 5 most common. Let’s consider them in more detail.
Possible causes and solutions
- virus programs are the main cause of fatal changes in the "OS";
You need to use modern anti-virus scanners to help detect and remove malware and spyware from your PC. If the antivirus did not help, manually terminate the suspicious processes in the registry and in the startup, then find and delete all the suspicious files from the hard drive.
- OS start stop may occur during banal overheating of the processor and chipset;
A failed cooler, an old thermal grease, a radiator clogged with dust, can stop the PC in a matter of minutes. When the system boots, you need to use one of the many utilities to check the temperature of the central processor, video card, chipset.
If the cause is overheating, and the cooling functions, but is clogged with dust, then it is necessary to clean the PC using compressed air or a vacuum cleaner.
- RAM problems also often lead to unplanned outages when starting Widows 7;
Among the malfunctions, RAM most often occurs, overheating and a defect, due to damage to the memory module. Unfortunately, the latter type of problem can only be detected by testing.
The recommendation of specialists: when overheating, use special heat sinks that significantly reduce the risk of failure of RAM. If this does not help, replace the device. A factory defect in the RAM module may “surface” even after prolonged use of the memory.
- falling into the “stupor” of the PC when starting the “OS” is often due to mechanical, electronic, logical or hardware-software failures in the hard drive;
You can detect problems with the hard drive through testing by running the utility in Widows 7 or using third-party software. Extraneous sounds often become harbingers of the problems of the "screw". If you see strange noise and clicks in the “hard”, you need to make a backup copy of its contents and be prepared to purchase a new device.
- sometimes, the reason for the “braking” of the computer during the initialization of devices is incorrect settings or an outdated version of the BIOS;
Most often, this happens after installing new components on the old motherboard. In BIOS, there simply may not be information about them. The solution in this case is quite simple: initially return to the factory settings or update the BIOS.
Sometimes you can solve the problem of the PC freezing at startup by rolling back to the checkpoint that the system creates.
What can I do, I can’t configure the ZYXEL KEENETIC LITE 2 router? The answer is here.
To do this, you must have a boot disk and perform a few simple steps:
- reboot the PC and go into the BIOS. Depending on the manufacturer, the input keys may be different, most often it is Del; F2; Esc. In order to accurately determine the enter key, you need to refer to the documents that come with the system board;
- Change the priority of the download. To do this, go to the BOOT section, after which you need to go to the Boot Device Priority menu item;
- select the 1st Boot Device item and confirm by pressing Enter. In the appeared Option window, select the drive and press Enter. After this procedure, the PC will be launched from this device;
- exit this menu, then press Esc, then Exit, after Enter, and then confirm the save settings with Enter;
- insert into the CDROM a disk with an “OS” or a boot disk and reboot;
Video: Computer Hangs And Restarts Windows 7
Next, you can proceed to the system recovery procedure from a checkpoint.
Configure the registry to detect a freeze problem
In order to surely identify which process causes the OS to stop starting, a small adjustment should be made in the registry entries.
You can do this by booting with command line support by entering the command: regedit.exe.
- in the left part of the window that opens, select the KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder, after that, open SOFTWARE, find and open Microsoft in this directory, and then Windows;
In this directory, you need to find and open CurrentVersion, then Policies and finally System;
- Having opened the System directory, pay attention to the right side of the window;
In it you need to find the Verbose Status file. Open it and the tab that opens, set the value to 1; (The default value is 0)
Important! You should be aware that the desired file in the registry may not be. In this case, it must be created. Click on the free space in the right side of the window, select the Create menu item, and then the DWORD Parameter (32 bits). Name the created file VerboseStatus with a value of 1.
- after that the registry can be closed and rebooted;
As a result, when you start the OS, you will see the loaded services and processes of the system. On what it will stall. and is the cause of all ills.
Working with BIOS settings
The shutdown procedure often helps to get rid of the “machine” freezing at boot: often. but not always. Sometimes BIOS settings play a decisive role, changes of which almost always lead to PC freezing.
What you should pay attention to:
- RAM taimen. By setting the wrong parameters, the PC stop is almost 100%;
- system bus speed;
- the speed value can be changed, so some amateur overclockers make changes in the BIOS to increase the performance of the “machine”. An incorrectly set speed can cause the system to freeze;
Panacea. reset to factory settings.
Suppose, according to the report, the system went into hibernation when loading the CLASSPNP.SYS driver.
In order to find out which device this driver is responsible for, you can try to disable the PC components in the BIOS one by one:
- enter the BIOS when initializing the hardware by pressing the DEL key; F2; F1; Esc depending on the manufacturer;
- go to the Advanced tab;
- Find the Integrated Peripherals item;
- then you will see a list of integrated devices that need to be disabled one by one, changing the Enabled value to Disabled;
- then exit the menu tab and save the changes.
Having discovered a component that causes Widows 7 to hang on the logo when it boots, you can install a discrete device in the expansion slot on the motherboard.
Important! In case of replacing the device, the PC may not load the “OS”, displaying error information on the monitor screen. To fix this, go back to the I / O system, go to the Halt On tab, and select No Errors. On the Halt On Errors tab, set the value to None. Now the PC will boot even with an error.
Reset to factory settings
You can reset the parameters to “factory” in several ways, the most common of which are:
- zeroing directly from BIOS;
- by removing the battery from the system board;
In the first case, you should go into the BIOS and select the Load Fail-Safe Defaults option. After which, answer in the affirmative the question of resetting the parameters and save the changes. After an automatic reboot, the changes will take effect.
The second, easiest way:
- disconnect the PC;
- remove the cover from the computer system unit;
- remove the battery from the motherboard;
- after 15-30 seconds, insert the battery into place;
Thus, the parameters will be set by default, i.e. factory.
Install the new version of BIOS
In some cases, the BIOS may not provide adequate support for all components of the computer due to an outdated version of the firmware.
This leads to their incorrect operation and braking of Windows 7 at startup:
- To update, you should download the latest BIOS version on a flash drive on the official website of the motherboard manufacturer;
- after which, log in to the I / O system and select the update item. Depending on the manufacturer, it may be BIOS Flashback; Instant Flash, etc.
- run the utility, select the update file and wait for the process to complete.
Important! During the update procedure, do not turn off the power of the PC. This can lead to malfunction of the motherboard.
Forgot password from tp link router? How to recover is described here.
How to go into the settings of a wi-fi router? Read the article.
The methods described by us allow us to effectively solve the problem of computer freezing at startup. If you think that the above methods are not suitable for you, or if your PC has not been restored, then be sure to contact a service center where professionals will solve the problem.