Computer Does Not See Iphone As Removable Disk
Modern Apple product users periodically encounter a problem when the computer does not see the iPhone. The consequence of the problem is the inability to connect the device and perform synchronization. Also, in the event of a breakdown, it is impossible to work with IT services or backups. Due to the complexity of the problem, the breakdown usually resolves quickly.
Why the computer does not see the iPhone
There are several typical reasons why the computer does not see the iPhone as a removable disk or in some other form:
- mechanical damage to the cable;
- USB cable or connector failure or failure on iPhone;
- Software obsolescence or corruption
- incorrect equipment settings;
- software failure.
Regardless of the cause of the breakdown, the algorithm of actions is approximately the same.
What to do
In order to understand why the iPhone does not connect to the computer, you should follow certain steps and recommendations.
- Initially check the connection cable. Usually this is done by connecting an iPhone using another wire. If this is not possible, you will need to connect the gadget to another device. The cause of the breakdown can be mechanical damage or natural wear of the part. the wiring is covered with biodegradable insulation, which greatly reduces its service life.
- Rebooting a computer or iPhone often also helps. When you reactivate the operating system, some problems are resolved or reset.
- Diagnose the connectors on the PC and smartphone. When connecting, you can move the contacts and if the connection appears, the gadget must be carried in for repair to replace the contacts. Otherwise, shorting the contacts can cause even more complex damage to the device and then connect the iPhone does not work at all.
- Check for updates and program status. If the drivers are outdated, the computer may fail and not see the device.
If these methods do not help, you can perform the following procedures.
Driver update for usb device
On each motherboard there are USB outputs through which devices are connected to the computer. If there are problems with the connection, the cause may be outdated drivers. Incorrect provisioning creates problems when trying to connect. In this case, you must reinstall the drivers and proceed as follows.
- Connect iPhone to PC.
- Go to computer properties.
- Select a device manager here.
- Next, you will need to find the portable devices section, where to select Apple Mobile Device USB.
- The specified driver needs to be removed.
- Next, the iPhone cable is pulled out and connected back.
- Further, the software will reinstall on its own and start working normally.
Updating the driver for the chipset
Updating drivers to the chipset is necessary due to their breakdown or failure. Each element is equipped with the appropriate software and after their failure, the computer may not see the devices connected via USB at all. In this situation, there are two ways to solve the problem.
- Download a special program for updating drivers. To do this, go to the website http://devid.info/ru, where you can download the software and follow the instructions during installation. After starting, the application will independently check the relevance of all drivers and update outdated ones.
- The second method involves updating or reinstalling the drivers manually. To do this, you need to find out the manufacturer and the exact model of the motherboard. Next, go to the official website of the developer, where you can download the latest drivers and force them to install. You can also take advantage of the trick. The Intel site has a corresponding section that allows the service to independently scan the user’s computer and update drivers.
Important! The model of the board should be installed with accuracy. installation of unsuitable extensions can lead to a complete failure of the device.
The following procedure requires a complete shutdown of the iPhone and the closure of the iTunes service. Next, you need to restart the APPLE service and this is done.
- Hold down the WINQ keys at the same time. After that, a search line will open where you need to enter the command “services”.
- Run the program and select the line Apple Mobile Device Service in the menu that opens.
- Then a dialog box will open where you need to select the “stop” button.
- Next, check the box on the startup icon. Or after closing the dialog box, run the program in manual mode.
If everything is done correctly, after restarting the computer, the service will reboot on its own, and possible errors will be reset.
If all else fails
When these procedures are completed, and the computer does not see the iPhone, you should take the device to the workshop, where experts will inspect the device and issue a verdict. An important factor is that the manufacturer categorically does not recommend getting into the internal nodes of an iPhone or a PC on its own. Without knowledge of the principles of operation of gadgets and their design, you can easily harm them, which will greatly increase the cost of repairs or make it completely impossible.
When the computer does not see the iphone, do not panic. The main factor is keeping calm and following the instructions of the iPhone manufacturer exactly. It is necessary to consistently check the state of the mechanical component, loosening of the contacts, the integrity of the wiring. Next, the software component is checked. drivers, updates and necessary programs.