Computer Can’T See Phone Via Xiaomi USB
Alternative connection methods
If you failed to connect the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite phone to the computer via USB, you can try alternative methods of transferring information from one device to another:
- Using a microSD card;
- Via Wi-Fi.
The first option does not need a detailed description, since in this case you just need to insert the memory card into the adapter and connect it to the PC through the appropriate connector. But this kind of pairing will only allow you to transfer files to or from a USB flash drive.
To access the smartphone memory, you need to use a Wi-Fi connection. This requires an additional program. For example, MyPhoneExplorer. It should be downloaded both on PC (from the official website) and on the phone (via Google Play).
Further connection is performed as follows:
- Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open MyPhoneExplorer app on your phone.
- Come up with a password to connect.
- Open program on PC.
- Press the “File” button and select “Connect”.
- Confirm pairing by entering previously generated code.
This will allow the smartphone to connect to a PC without using a USB cable. Myphoneexplorer on your computer displays a list of all available files. You can transfer information both from the phone and to it.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite does not see the computer via USB
Smartphone owners regularly connect their mobile device to their PC. This is done in order to transfer files from one medium to another for further use. But sometimes, users face the problem when the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite phone does not see the computer. Why is this happening, and what needs to be done in such a situation?
How to solve a problem
First you need to make sure that you are using a working cable for the connection. The easiest way is to charge your phone with the same cord. If the device is charging, then the problem is definitely not in the cable.
The second point that users often overlook is the wrong connection type. When a person connects a smartphone to a PC, a notification appears on the screen of the mobile device, offering to choose one of several pairing types:
- Charging only;
- Media device and so on.
The default is “Charge Only”. With this connection, the Android smartphone SIMply receives power from the computer. Check the pairing settings and select “Connect as media device” or “USB storage”. Only in this case, the PC will see the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite phone as a full-fledged storage medium.
If, when you connect a mobile device to a PC, nothing happens at all (the gadget does not even charge), you need to check the functionality of the USB interface on the computer. For example, you can insert a USB flash drive or connect a mouse.
Physical problems (cable or connector breakage) can only be solved by replacing components. And in a situation where you choose the correct type of connection (media device) and use serviceable accessories, faulty drivers become the cause of the error.
They are usually installed automatically the first time you pair your smartphone and PC. The software is loaded only if there is an Internet connection. If you do not connect to the network, the drivers will not be loaded. Therefore, it is recommended to check Internet access.
You can check the performance of the drivers as follows:
- Open Device Manager (WinR and then enter devmgmt.Msc).
- Find MTP device or phone name in the list.
- Left click twice.
- Click “Update Driver”.
- Select “USB MTP Device”.
- Click “Next”.
- Wait until the drivers are reinstalled.
If the smartphone is not displayed in the device manager, it makes sense to enable developer mode on the Android gadget:
- Open phone settings.
- Go to the section “For Developers”.
- Activate function.
- Click “Default USB Configuration”.
- Select the “File Transfer” value.
When none of the suggested tips helps, the only way out is to reset your smartphone. This operation is performed if the owner of the device suspects that the pairing is missing due to the presence of viruses.
To reset the settings you need:
- Open settings.
- Go to the “Recovery and reset” section.
- Click “Reset settings”.
After the operation is completed, all files will be deleted from the mobile device. In order not to lose important information, it is recommended to create a backup beforehand.
Why Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite does not see the computer
If a person connects a smartphone to a PC via a USB cable, but the computer does not respond in any way, then the user is faced with one of the following problems:
- Cable malfunction;
- Breakage of the USB socket on one of the devices;
- Incorrect drivers for the smartphone are installed on the computer, or they are not at all;
- When connecting, the “Charge only” option is selected;
- Failure of the operating system of one of the devices.
Thus, all the identified problems can be divided into physical and software. To determine the exact reason that the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite does not see the PC, you need to check the hardware and settings of both devices.
How not to face a problem in the future
So that the situation does not repeat itself in the future, and the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite phone always sees the computer, follow a few SIMple tips:
- Use only complete accessories for connection. Don’t buy cheap cables.
- On the phone, set the parameter “Media device” or “USB storage”.
- When pairing for the first time, do not forget to install the drivers and update them if necessary.
Compliance with only three rules will once and for all save you from problems when connecting your phone to a computer.
Install the drivers
The computer automatically installs drivers for the smartphone if necessary, but sometimes this does not happen, the PC does not see the smartphone. In such cases, you must install the drivers yourself. Drivers can be found on the forum w3bsit3-dns.com. Please note that drivers may vary depending on the type of processor used in the Xiaomi smartphone.
The most common reason
So, you connected your Xiaomi smartphone to the computer, it is charging, the computer even sees it, you, in turn, observe something like the following on the monitor:
However, if you open the device, the folder will be empty. Why? The fact is that the Android operating system by default prevents access to the device’s file system; access must be provided from a smartphone. Why is this done? Yes, so that no one else can access the files that are stored on your device. Of course, this rule works only if access to the smartphone is closed with a password or, for example, using a fingerprint sensor. If this is your case, you need to allow access to the system, for which, first of all, open the notification panel by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom.
Tap on the line “Charging via USB”.
Here click on “File Transfer (MTP)”.
Thus, you gave the computer access to the device, when you open the device, you will see the file system.
Xiaomi connected as a digital camera
The case when the computer sees the device, but only photos are available. To fix this, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom.
Click “Transfer photo via USB”.
Choose “File Transfer (MTP)”.
Enable USB Debugging
Let’s move on to other solutions. If the first case is not yours, try enabling USB debugging. To do this, in the “About phone” section, find the line “MIUI Version” and tap on it exactly 7 times.
If everything is done correctly, the developer mode will open.
Open, activate this mode, then activate USB debugging.
Read more about activating the mode on the next page.
Xiaomi does not see the computer via USB: why and what to do?
A smartphone is usually connected to a computer or laptop via a USB cable. For what? The reasons can be different: to charge the device, to transfer photos, videos, music, and so on. Sometimes users complain that the Xiaomi smartphone cannot see the computer (or the computer cannot see the smartphone). With what it can be connected? There are several versions and we will start with the most common.
Check the USB cable and connector on your phone
The cable can be damaged, alas, this is not uncommon. Use a different cable.
Try cleaning the cable connector on your phone, it may just be clogged.
Sometimes a problem arises when the fact of connection is not visible on the computer screen, even in the “My Computer” tab. The problem lies directly with the computer itself.
To solve this situation, you must:
- Go to “Start”.
- Click “Devices and Printers” where the device name will be displayed.
- Right-click on the label.
- In the menu that opens, select “Troubleshoot”.
- Then. “Update Driver”.
- To restart a computer.
Connecting Xiaomi to PC using Terminal emulator and via QCustomShortcu
Terminal emulator has an icon depicting a green man with horns.
To use the program, you need to download it on Google Play. After downloading and installing, you should:
- Write in the terminal “su”, then. “Confirm”.
- Type “setprop persist.Sys.Usb.Config mtp, adb”. You must type exactly as it is written, otherwise the program will perform the task incorrectly.
- Next. “Enter”. “reboot” and “Enter”.
After these steps, the gadget will reboot. Now it can be connected to the PC. This guide is suitable for transferring photos, pictures and screenshots. The rest of the documents cannot be transferred. There is another way for this.
If you suddenly lost connection settings, QCustomShortcut will come to the rescue.
And so, after the program is installed, select “com.Android.Settings” in the “Package” field, and “com.Android.Settings.Usbsettings” in the “Class” field. Then. “Create Shortcut”. That’s all, you can transfer data without any problems.
Enabling USB Debugging
Enabling USB debugging is a good way out of the situation if the computer does not see the gadget. This method is suitable if the phone connection is not displayed on the PC, and the device itself shows a successful connection. In this case, you need to do the following:
It’s worth noting that this method won’t work if you don’t have developer rights. To get them, you must:
Press the last menu item about seven times until the inscription appears: “You have become a developer”.
Then we scroll down and look for the item “For the developer”.
If this item is missing, then the antivirus program is to blame. To work around this issue, perform a factory reset.
How to connect Xiaomi to a computer: all methods and possible problems
The popularity of Xiaomi smartphones is growing every year. Manufacturers surprise buyers with innovation. There are more expensive models, and there are cheaper ones. Almost everyone today has a Xiaomi phone.
If you have become the proud owner of a mobile phone from Xiaomi, then in any case you need to connect it to your PC. What if the computer can’t see the phone? What settings should I make? What programs should I use? When you can use Xiaomi as a USB flash drive?
Downloading and installing drivers on a PC
Basically, when you connect the phone, the drivers are installed by themselves and there are no problems, but if they still did not install automatically, you will have to do it yourself.
If your computer has operating systems such as Windows 8 or Windows 10, then before downloading and installing drivers, you must disable the digital signature.
For phones from the manufacturer Xiaomi, there are two types of drivers (for MediaTek and for Qualcomm), the choice depends on the device model. After you have found the necessary drivers, downloaded and installed, you need to restart your computer. The problem should now be fixed.
The standard way to connect a Xiaomi smartphone to a computer
You can transfer data from your Xiaomi phone to a PC by connecting it with a USB cable. It seems to be nothing complicated, but there are problems when the computer does not see the device.
Let’s look at the basic aLGorithm of actions that will explain the whole process step by step, as well as analyze possible problems due to which it is impossible to connect Xiaomi to a computer. To avoid errors, it is necessary to perform all actions strictly according to the points below.
Sometimes, when connecting Xiaomi to a computer, only pictures, photos, screenshots are transferred. The rest of the files, both text and audio and video, cannot be transferred. This problem can and should be solved. Let’s figure out how to do it.
When Xiaomi is connected to a PC, a notification will appear, which should be quickly clicked and select “File Transfer”.
On this, the error will be resolved and there will be no obstacles to the transmission of data of various formats.
Popular reasons why the computer does not see the connected phone
The most common causes are often fairly SIMple to resolve. Consider them:
- Broken USB cable.
- Lack of drivers required for such actions.
- Computer operating system problems, possibly a virus or some kind of malfunction.
- Broken USB connectors.
It often happens that the USB ports on the computer are clogged with dust, crumbs, or something else. To exclude this option, clear them and try to connect again.
If everything worked out, great, you can safely transfer data. And so that this problem does not arise again, use special plugs for USB connectors.
PC does not see the device
What if the computer still doesn’t recognize the mobile phone? Consider SIMple ways and complex solutions that will help you fix the error.
The easiest method is to restart your computer. If he did not help, then you need to download additional software on the PC so that he can “see” the mobile device.
How to connect xiaomi to a computer. Complete instructions.
Additional ways to connect Xiaomi Redmi to computer
There are a couple more ways to establish a connection between the phone and the PC.
Phone does not see computer: check from PC
A SIMilar test can be performed from a computer as well. Perhaps the computer did not recognize your smartphone and placed it in a folder with undefined devices.
How to check it:
- Go to the control panel on the PC;
- Select the “Hardware and Sound” tab;
- Further. “Devices and Printers”;
- In the “Multimedia Devices” tab, find the name of your phone model, open the menu with the right mouse button and click on “Troubleshoot”;
- Further, the computer will identify the presence and absence of problems and offer their solution if necessary;
How to connect Xiaomi to a computer: details and instructions
Many users of smartphones of any brand often connect their gadgets to a computer in order to transfer any files or install something on the phone. But in order to be able to do this, you need to know the correct connection sequence and possible nuances, as well as the sources of problems, in order to be ready to solve them as they become available.
- Open the “Device Manager” on the computer;
- Next, open “Portable Devices”, where you can find the name of your phone;
- Click on the name of your model and open the menu by right-clicking;
- Select “Update Driver”;
how to connect xiaomi to computer
- If nothing has changed. Let’s move on.
Why Xiaomi won’t connect to the computer: reasons
In those. Support and service centers often receive questions about the lack of connection of the phone to the computer. There are a number of reasons why the connection may not work, and before asking for the help of specialists, make sure for yourself that you have checked everything.
The computer does not see the Xiaomi phone because:
- Broken / bent cable. When cables are bent, the wires inside them go away, and they can no longer perform the corresponding function. In this situation, you just need to purchase a new cable;
- The required drivers are not installed on the computers. Perhaps this is the first time you basically connect the phone to the computer, or it is possible that some kind of failure has occurred in the system.
- Using the wrong connection method or incorrect connection itself.
Connecting to a Computer: Installing Drivers
Drivers are software that helps the computer understand how the connected gadget / device works and how to “communicate” with it.
All devices have their own drivers: phones, printers, scanners, etc.
It happens that even when the phone is connected for the first time, the drivers are installed by themselves and subsequently updated when needed. However, if this did not happen, you can do the installation procedure yourself.
How to install drivers on a computer:
- Re-search sites with software on the Internet and choose the most reliable ones (for example, w3bsit3-dns.com);
how to connect xiaomi to computer
- In the section with your smartphone model find two archives: “MediaTek program” and “Qualcomm program” and download them;
- In the usual way, unzip these files and put what you get on the system drive (as a rule, drive C) so as not to lose or accidentally delete;
- Restart your computer (by yourself, if you have not received a notification of the need from the PC itself);
Now try connecting your phone. If he still does not see the computer or you have already installed drivers, we will try to update them.
How to transfer files via usb
The answer to the question “How to download a photo from Xiaomi to a computer” is very SIMple. You will need to go to phone management, select the type of memory: internal or sd card, go there and continue to perform the necessary operations with files.
Method two: instruction
- For this method, you need to install the Android Terminal Emulator application on your phone, which you can find in PlayMarket;
how to connect xiaomi to computer
- After downloading, connect the gadget to your computer;
- Open the program, enter “su” and confirm your action;
- Next enter “setprop persist.Sys.Usb.Config mtp, adb” and press “Enter”;
- Enter “Reboot”, press “Enter” and wait for the phone to reboot;
- Done! This procedure can also be carried out not only on Xiaomi devices.
Why Android phone is not visible on a computer via USB and only charging occurs. Simple reasons and solutions
Before proceeding with additional methods for solving the problem when the phone is not visible through the USB connection, I recommend paying attention to the following SIMple points: very often the reason turns out to be one of the following:
- If you took a USB connection cable from a non-original cheap charging or bundled with another device (for example, to charge wireless headphones or another device that is not intended for receiving and transmitting data), then this may be the reason: not all cables can transmit data, there are no corresponding contacts, and outwardly it is not noticeable. The solution is a working cable with guaranteed data transfer capability.
- If you are faced with the fact that when you connect a smartphone to a computer, it is not visible, and recently the phone was repaired and something related to the board or connector was repaired, it is highly likely that the repair caused the problem: very often the connectors are soldered so that after that only charging works properly. The solution is just to redo.
- If you have Mac OS, just install Android File Transfer app for data transfer capability, official website: https://www.Android.com/filetransfer/
- If you still have Windows XP, install the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) driver. https://www.Microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.Aspx?Id=19153
Additionally, keep in mind that connecting even with a working cable via a USB hub (USB port splitter) to a faulty USB connector on a computer or laptop, and sometimes to the front panel of a PC may cause the problem in question. Try a direct connection to USB, another connector, the back of the PC, if connected to a USB 3.0 connector (usually blue). Check if the problem persists when connecting to USB 2.0.
And the last SIMple point: after connecting the phone to the computer, in order for it to appear in the explorer with the ability to view photos, videos and other files, you need:
- Unlock your phone when connected, if it’s locked. You won’t be able to access data on locked modern Android phones.
- In the notification area, click on the USB connection notification (by default, most phones are connected only for charging). If the notification does not appear, more precisely, it does not say that this is a USB connection, but only a text about charging, then from the “point of view” of the phone, the connection does not serve for data transfer (wrong cable, damaged cable, connector on the phone or computer). Below are screenshots with the appearance of the notification on pure Android 9 and 8, on Samsung Galaxy and on Android 6-7.
- Select MTP file transfer mode for USB connection. On older versions of Android, there may also be an item for connecting as USB Mass Storage, it will also work, and it may work even better.
If the listed methods did not help, let’s move on to more complex fixes.
Android safe mode, developer mode motherboard drivers and other nuances
Among other things, if the issue under consideration occurs, please note the following points:
- Enable developer mode on Android, and then enable USB debugging in developer options and, separately, find the default USB configuration item in developer settings and set the “File transfer” mode. May be helpful here: How to enable USB debugging on Android.
- If you used the USB modem mode on your phone, in the settings (usually in the “Connections” section or “Network and Internet”. “Access point and modem”), turn off the “USB modem” option.
- If the phone is no longer visible after reinstalling or updating Windows, install the original drivers for the motherboard, chipset from the manufacturer’s website or from the laptop manufacturer’s website if you have a laptop.
- Try restarting your Android phone in Safe Mode. If after that it became visible when connected to a computer, then most likely the reason is in some third-party applications, most often related to protection, control and SIMilar.
- Try using the built-in troubleshooting in Windows: go to Control Panel. Troubleshoot. Hardware and Sound. Device Settings (in recent versions of Windows 10, the item is missing).
- If possible, try connecting your phone to another computer. If it is also not visible there, again, the matter is most likely in the cable or connector. Over, the connector on the phone may stop functioning for transferring files SIMply due to the ingress of dirt or water, followed by oxidation of the contacts.
- They can also help (or they can create problems with other USB drives, so take it only if you are ready for this) methods regarding cleaning the drivers from the instructions The computer does not see the USB flash drive.
If none of the options helps to solve the problem, and the computer still does not see your Android smartphone, describe the situation in the comments: what was done, after which the problem appeared, how does your device behave when connected via USB, has the cable been checked with another phone, and the problematic device is on another computer. I’ll try to help.
What to do if your computer can’t see your USB connected Android phone
Checking the phone (MTP device) operation in device manager
- Open Device Manager on your Windows 10, 8.1, or Windows 7 computer while your phone is connected. To open Device Manager, you can press the WindowsR keys on your keyboard, type devmgmt.Msc, and press Enter. Windows is the OS logo key.
- See if there is a device in the device manager named MTP (MTP Device, MTP Device) or the name of your phone (may be in the section “Portable devices).
- If there is, double click on it, go to the Driver tab, click Update driver. Search for drivers on this computer. Select from a list of available drivers on your computer and see the list. If it has more than one compatible device, try to select a different driver than the one currently installed, usually you need to select “USB MTP device”.
- If no new devices appear in the manager when disconnecting and connecting the phone via USB, this is another argument in favor of problems with the cable, connector on the phone or computer.
On this topic, if the device appears in the device manager with an exclamation mark, in a separate instruction Incorrect service installation section in this MTP INF file.
The computer does not see the phone via USB. Why and how to fix it
If you are faced with the fact that the phone does not connect via USB, that is, the computer does not see it to transfer files, but only charging takes place, while the connection sound is played, this manual provides details on how to fix this and enable the ability to view content phone memory when connected via USB cable.
The steps below are suitable for both latest and previous Android phones in case the smartphone is not visible after connecting via USB on a computer with Windows 10, 8.1, Windows 7 and XP or Mac OS.
How to fix if the computer does not see the phone connected via USB. Additional methods
If your phone does not connect via USB to a data-capable computer but only charges, try the following methods to fix the problem.
If you come to the conclusion that the reason for the problems when connecting the phone is its physical problems (jack, something else) or you just do not want to understand the reasons for a long time, then you can transfer files from and to the phone in other ways:
- If you have Windows 10. Use your phone’s built-in app (photo transfer only), if your Samsung phone uses Samsung Flow app.
- Synchronization via cloud storage Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Yandex Disk.
- Using programs like AirDroid (convenient and easy for novice users).
- Create an FTP server on your phone or connect it as a network drive in Windows.
This concludes, and if you have any questions or additions after reading, I will be glad if you share.
Why the computer does not see the Xiaomi phone via usb on different models
Most modern smartphones from Xiaomi (redmi note 4, xiaomi mi 8, Redmi 4a, etc.) have a built-in charging function, if the function is activated, then when connected via a USB cable to a PC, files will not be synchronized, but the device will be charged.
If you want to transfer files between gadgets, you must deactivate the charging mode. The following steps help in this:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the notification shade.
- Among the icons, select the item “Charging the device via USB”; for the message to appear, the smartphone must be connected via a cable to the computer.
- Find the item “No data transfer” and switch it to the “Data transfer” state.
- Reconnect the cable.
If all the manipulations were performed correctly, the smartphone will be defined on the computer as a removable storage device.
Problems on different device models also provoke viruses.
Why the computer does not see the Xiaomi phone via USB, but is charging: the main ways to fix it
Why does the computer not see the phone via usb, but is charging? The problem is faced by users who want to throw off certain files from a smartphone or from a smartphone, and instead are faced with ordinary charging. The problem prevents you from accessing storage on your Android phone (or tablet) and files on your memory card, so it’s important to know how to properly troubleshoot sync problems. The described solutions are also suitable for other gadgets on Android OS (Samsung, Meizu, Honor, etc.).
Why the computer does not see the phone via usb, but it charges
The whole complex of problems that cause incorrect synchronization can be schematically divided into software and hardware. Below we will try to consider all the causes of problems and the SIMplest instructions for eliminating them.
- The USB cable is damaged. If you are using a cheap cable from third-party manufacturers, be prepared for the fact that due to the small margin of safety, it can be damaged literally within a month after the start of operation. Minimal damage will provoke an incorrect connection to the PC. The phone will be charged, but the computer itself will not be recognized as a removable device. Try connecting the cable to another computer or laptop, if the problem persists, replace the wire.
- The port on the PC is damaged. Each time you connect new devices and wires, the USB port on the computer experiences increased mechanical stress, as a result, it is damaged. Try to connect the phone to a different port, if the problem persists, then the reason is different.
- The entrance on the smartphone is damaged. Check for dust and moisture in the area of the cable connection entrance on your smartphone. If you also face problems charging the gadget, the socket needs repair or replacement.
- Battery problems. Many users who have a problem with synchronization report that the problem is fixed by removing the battery and recharging the gadget, the method works only for devices with a removable battery, for the vast majority of modern smartphones it is not suitable.
Why does not it see files when the phone is connected to the computer
Why the computer does not see the phone via usb, but is charging, how to fix it if the problem is related to hardware reasons on Android:
- Settings problem. Go to the settings menu, select the item “Memory” and then “Properties” by clicking on the icon with three dots. Next to the item “Connect to computer” select “Media device”. It is also advisable to uncheck the box next to the item that allows you to use the phone as a modem.
- Lack of required drivers on the PC. Both motherboard drivers and smartphone drivers may be missing. You can download them on the official website or go to the “Device Manager” on the PC and update the current configuration of the connected devices.
- Update KB3010081 (KB3099229) is missing. For computers running Windows 10 with the specified update, Windows Media Player is installed. The program uses the Media Transfer Protocol, which is responsible for the correct connection of the smartphone to the PC when using the former as a media device.
- Custom firmware. Some custom firmwares are released with many basic functions of a mobile gadget not working. The solution to the problem is to install a stable version of the software, where all the functionality is available.
How to fix
If when you connect your Xiaomi phone to a computer, charging starts without access to the file system, follow these steps:
- Try to reconnect the cable, reconnect the USB input to a different port on your laptop or computer.
- Take a close look at the connector on the phone. If debris is visible, try cleaning it; if it is heavily soiled, it may require a port replacement.
- Find a working cable. It is advisable to use the original cable from the manufacturer, which does not have any visible damage.
- Use a different cable or try connecting the device to a different computer to find out exactly what is causing the problem.
Additionally, you can reboot the phone or clear the file system cache, also do not forget to update the drivers in a timely manner to ensure a stable connection.