Charging the iPhone does not work what to do
What to do if iPhone stops charging
Often even such a popular, and seemingly reliable equipment from Apple, also becomes unserviceable, and it can be either due to improper use of the device by the owner, or a factory defect, although the second option occurs much less frequently. If when charging your iPhone, strange things happen: it does not charge at all, charges incompletely, or, for example, only reaches a certain percentage and stops receiving current, we recommend that you carefully read all the points in this article.
The causes can actually be many, both in the software and in the charger itself, in the power supply, where the current is supplied, in the iPhone and other mechanical effects. We’ve looked at all the possible causes, and described some useful recommendations for warranty service and the use of original chargers and their difference from Chinese counterparts.
Use official Apple-compatible chargers
One of the most common reasons why your iPhone won’t b charge comes from low-quality third-party iPhone charging cables. So make sure you are using the USB power adapter and USB cable that came with it.
If your iPhone 5S/6/7/X/8/8 Plus won’t charge wirelessly after the iOS 15 update, try charging it with a wall adapter. If your iPhone won’t charge with the wall adapter, try plugging the cable into your computer’s USB port and see if it charges. If your iPhone won’t charge when plugged in, try charging it with the wall adapter. In short, switch between these methods and see if it makes a difference.
How to disable optimized charging
The best way in this case would be to disable “Optimized charging“:
You can disable optimized charging in the settings
However, if this does not speed up charging and the battery is still at 80%, it is possible that something else is the cause. Considering that it’s summer and even in central Russia the temperature is quite high, there is a risk of overheating the iPhone. In this case, the system mechanisms, in order to prevent damage to internal components, simply turn off charging, which itself is an exothermic reaction, that is, provokes the release of heat. If that’s the case, you’ll see a notification on your screen and all you have to do is unplug your smartphone from the power outlet and place it in the shade.
How to fix iPhone charging problem
So if you are experiencing a situation where your iPhone is not charging, but it shows it is charging, then do the following:
- Try fully discharging your device and then charging it;
- Perform a hard reset of your device. Press the On/Off and Home buttons while the device is on and hold them down until the screen turns off and the Apple logo reappears (may take 30 seconds). After resetting, try charging your smartphone again;
- Try using your cable with another iPhone. If charging still doesn’t happen, replace the cable;
- If the charger goes on and off when you move the cord plugged into the port. It is possible that the port is loose or just broken. Have the port replaced at a service center;
- Unplug your phone, take a wooden toothpick and gently use it to pick up any debris that has accumulated in the socket. Do the procedure as gently and carefully as possible, so as not to damage the contacts. Never use any material that conducts current well (such as a metal pin), you can short-circuit the contacts and cause damage to your device;
- Try your charger with another iPhone. If charging still does not happen. Replace (fix) the charger;
? Power controller glitch
Not the least important factor in the charging process is the power controller. But this chip works under the control of the software, which is banal may hang up. You have to hand it to the engineers, it happens very rarely. Still it is worth trying to reset the smartphone.
Solution: restart the device
Not charging iPhone or iPad. Why and what to do?
Hello, everyone! Imagine that you connected your iPhone or iPad to the charger and found that for some reason it is not charging. What is the reason?! The adapter? I don’t think so The wire? A little jammed, but it’s still good! In general, outwardly everything seems to be in order, but “the process does not go from the word go”. To recharge the device does not work.
A familiar moment? I hope not, because this situation can send every unprepared user into a panic. And almost any. Prepared. But you should not worry too much: after reading this instruction, you will know why the “apple” gadget suddenly stopped charging and what to do in such a situation.
And then we come to the most important thing.
Here are the main reasons why it is impossible to charge the iOS device from the network or computer:
- Breakage of the charger cable. One of the most frequent variants. Often you have rolled up the cord “in a rump”? Stored it “as if”? It is quite possible that the integrity of the connections is broken. To check if the cable is really broken you can connect it to another iPhone/iPad. If the cable shows no “signs of life” after one of the aforementioned checks, you will have to buy a new cord or find a craftsman who can repair your existing cable. The second option is less preferable, because.К. Cables repaired in “crude conditions” usually have a very short lifespan.
- The charging connector is broken or dirty. If there is nothing wrong with the charger, but your iPhone or iPad does not respond to its connection, the problem could lie directly in the port. First try to accurately clean the port at home, for example, with a toothpick. Important! Never use a metal object for cleaning, it will damage the contacts. If the contacts are already damaged the only way out of this situation is to go to the service center in order to replace the broken element.
- Using non-original USB cables (although you can also charge with them). At the beginning the non-original cords are usually quite tolerable in their function (though not always), but the lifetime of a Chinese cable (or any other non-original) will be much more modest compared to the original “brother”. Practice shows that such economy on components “goes wrong” in the long run.
- Not enough power from the charger unit itself. It’s not about the wire, it’s about the unit that plugs into the socket. They also come in different output powers, the most common being 0.5A, 1A and 2A. It is important to remember that the output power of the charger must be at least 1 amp for the iPhone, and at least 2 amps for the iPad. At any lower rates, the device will either refuse to charge, or the charging icon will appear. But it will go very slowly. What a negative impact on battery life (find out how long the new battery should hold a charge).
- Problems when trying to charge your iPhone or iPad from a computer. First of all we have to understand if there is a connection to PC, if not. Read here. Next in a case when your “apple friend” normally charges from network, but when you connect to computer charging is very slow or does not occur at all, here is what you need to remember and know. On most PCs and laptops USB-connector gives 0.5 Ampere, which means that the iPhone will be charged slower than usual, and the iPad will not at all (in fact the charge is certainly going, but so slow that you have to wait long enough to see the effect). Well and try to connect to different USB ports, maybe the problem is in them.
Perhaps these are all the main points relating to the malfunction charging iPhone or iPad.
There are also a couple of important points that must be taken into account for this malfunction.
Important ! In the case if the device still refuses to charge after all the above steps, and the warranty has not expired, feel free to hand over your iPhone (iPad) under warranty.
Let the reasons for the lack of charge deal with professionals. Employees of the official Apple service center.
Important ! The problem may also be in the battery itself. After all, the battery does not last forever, of course. How to check the current capacity of the battery and get the most correct data? It is easy to do even in the “home”. Here is a detailed instruction (with pictures)!
Or not? You still have questions or have any questions to ask? Want to share your personal experience or tell your story? Welcome to the Комментарии и мнения владельцев. Be sure to discuss what is happening with your iPhone (iPad), and, of course, we will try to find a suitable solution!
P.S. Tell us what’s wrong with your device, press the social networking buttons and your charging problems will go away. It’s a years-long tried-and-true cure for any malfunction!:)
Iphone Charging not Available Liquid Detected Fix: Six (6) Solutions
Why does not charging iPhone
Recently I had a problem with the iPhone 12. It does not always charge when connected to power (when using the original cable and adapter). I tried a different cable and charger and it was the same. So I decided to look inside the Lightning connector with a flashlight.
Even with the naked eye you could see that the port was clogged with lint, dust and other dirt. This junk accumulated over time, and I pressed it against the back of the port every time I plugged in the charging cable. Eventually, a small “wall of dirt” started to prevent the charging cable from properly connecting to the pins inside the port. Hence the charging problems.
An example of how much dirt can be in the charging slot of an iPhone
So before you spend a lot of time and money fixing iPhone charging problems, try cleaning the port of dirt and other foreign objects. But at the same time, be careful, because it is easy to make a mistake when cleaning, which may cause you to need repairs later on.
Iphone is not charging fully. Ios system “glitch
Nothing is perfect and the operating system iOS is no exception. This could be the culprit for the iPhone not getting a full charge.
The characteristic behavior for this case is when the charging percentage reaches 98-99 and freezes for a long time. It turns out that almost charged, but up to the cherished 100% is not enough just a little.
- First, try performing a Hard Reboot. Read here how to do it for different iPhone models.
- Next you need to calibrate the battery by discharging it fully and then charging it to the end. Even if you get nothing at the first try, it makes sense to do the same thing 2 or 3 times.
- If your iPhone is just a few percent shy of 1% or 2%, and you have reconnected the charger and the battery keeps charging, relax 🙂 It happens to many people and you are not alone. Most likely this is due to the fact that the calibration of the charge indicator is broken. In the previous paragraph is written how to fix this problem.
- Go to the App Store and download any program that monitors iPhone battery charging and allows you to do so in different modes. The most famous is Battery Doctor. But nothing prevents you from using any other.
- Installing the latest firmware on your iPhone. If it has the newest version of software. Use iTunes to restore. It is possible that during the update something did not “stand” in the right way. Be sure to set the device “as new” and do not restore from the backup at least for the first time, check if it is now charging to 100%?
Important! It is worth trying all of these manipulations in any case, even if the percentage of charge is frozen at a lower value. It may help.
Do THIS if your iPhone won’t charge
We’ve covered the main reasons why your smartphone battery may stop taking a charge. But what to do if iPhone doesn’t charge? Further we will tell about the ways of the problem solution.
Restarting your device
Almost all failures in the device software work are solved by rebooting. Reboot your phone the usual way. If it does not help, perform a hard reset. Press and hold down Power and Home buttons simultaneously for 30 seconds. The phone has to go to reset, after which it will start working correctly.
Iphone charging but not turning on, iPhone stuck on red battery screen. Solve it at your home
Checking the charger
In case of careless use the original charger (cable) fails. Many people then buy a non-original kit, and after a short time notice that the battery does not charge. Try to change both the block and the cable. All you need to do is to get a new original cable. Breakage of one conducting “wire” will be the reason of the problem. About 70% of phone malfunctions are solved by replacing the charger cable.
Testing the charger
You may also want to test your charger with another device. According to statistics on the failure of the charger accounts for about 10% of cases. Take another Apple device (tablet, smartphone) and check the charger. If the battery of another device does not replenish the charge level, then the reason for the malfunction is obvious.
Checking the power supply
As a rule, there are no problems with the “cigarette lighter” in a car or a socket at home. Often users encounter difficulties in trying to charge their smartphone from the computer. When not charging iPhone from a laptop, computer, make sure that it is supplied with current with the necessary force. Newer iPhones are sensitive about the speed of data exchange and power. They are charged via USB 2.0, 3.0.
Cleaning the plug
What else you can do yourself? At least inspect and read the Lightning connector. Arm yourself with a toothpick and gently clean the connector, pulling out various debris. It can be crumbs, dust, etc. It is also advisable to blow out the connector. But for this task, use only a special blower with air. We do not recommend the use of alcohol soaked cotton swabs.
Using Tenorshare ReiBoot
If all of these methods do not help you, and you still want a quick fix to your iPhone not charging, then we recommend using Tenorshare ReiBoot. Tenorshare ReiBoot.- One of the iOS repair tools. It allows you to fix iOS system problems.Provides handling of more than 150 system problems such as Apple log, recovery mode, DFU mode, restart cycle and more. Tenorshare ReiBoot can also downgrade and update the iOS version without losing data. Of course, it can solve what’s not charging your iPhone quickly and safely.
Download Tenorshare ReiBoot to your computer.
Launch the program. The user will see the main screen of the utility. After recognizing your iPhone, you should press the “Start” button. Then press “Start.”.
Just press “Standard Repair.”. Please take time to read the instructions on the screen before clicking “Standard Repair”.
Click “Download” to download the latest iOS or iPad version to install on your device.
After you have downloaded the firmware file, click “Start Standard Repair” to continue. This will take a few minutes.
After that, your phone will restart and you can try if your iPhone is charging. If your iPhone isn’t charging yet, you can select “Deep Repair”.