Asus Vivobook Max X541 Not Turning On
The difficulty of repairing monoblock computers, in particular laptops, lies in the fact that the replacement of individual functional modules is not provided. Therefore, the average user can do little to restore the operability of the equipment.
If you carefully study the situation, it may well turn out that the reason is quite banal and can be solved without the involvement of masters from the service center. Therefore, you first need to consider in detail what is happening and how the Asus laptop does not turn on.
First, external obstacles to normal operation are sought.
- If peripheral devices, a printer, a fax are connected to the computer, cable connections are made, a malfunction of the connected equipment may cause the laptop to become inoperative.
- Disconnect all external connections. At the same time, during the disconnection process, carefully inspect all the connectors.
- Damaged or torn contactors, dirt, dust, bent contacts can all prevent the device from turning on.
One of the most common reasons that Asus laptop does not turn on is careless handling of the computer. When moving it with the connected power supply, it is very easy to damage rather thin, vulnerable connection terminals or break the wires. In this case, it is necessary to replace the connectors or connecting cables.
The laptop will not be able to turn on immediately after prolonged exposure to low temperatures. According to the instructions, after making the PC in the room from the cold, you must wait at least two hours before trying to turn it on. In a warm room, condensation and moisture may appear on cold parts, which will lead to a short circuit and the electronics to malfunction.
If the battery has not been infected for a long time, when you turn it on again, the charging indicators will light. But, the device itself will not turn on. there is not enough charge power. In this case, you need to wait a while to replenish the reserves of electricity in the laptop battery.
If no indicators are lit, you need to check the current in the outlets and the correct connection of the power supply. Are there any external damage to the wires? Are contact groups intact? If possible, it would be nice to check the power supply by replacing it with a known working one.
Asus laptop turns on and off quickly
Most often, the device turns off immediately after an attempt to turn on due to malfunctions in the cooling system.
- A lot of dust accumulated in the case.
- Faulty coolers.
- Dust completely clogged the grille.
- The thermal paste necessary for normal cooling of the electronic elements has dried.
Experts recommend at least once a year to give the device to a service center for prevention. dust cleaning, replacement of thermal paste, diagnostics, adjustment.
Less often, turning off the computer immediately after turning it on can lead to a short circuit of the north or south bridge, a malfunction of the card. Electronics short circuits often occur due to spilled liquid on the keyboard. Although moisture was quickly removed, a few drops could seep inside and this would inevitably lead to a short circuit and malfunction. If the PC was accidentally flooded with water, tea, wine. you must immediately turn off the power, remove the battery and return the device to a service center as soon as possible to dry and check for proper functioning.
The lights are on, the fans are noisy, and the laptop does not start
The device seems to have turned on, the noise of rotation of the fans is heard, but the screen does not light up and the HDD indicator does not blink.
- Violations in BIOS firmware.
- Malfunctions with memory or processor.
- The north bridge of the motherboard is faulty.
The laptop starts loading the BIOS and then shuts down
Or reboots over and over again. In this case, such problems are possible.
- The south bridge is overheating. Most likely due to a short circuit. Typically, such a malfunction is preceded by any problems with the USB.
- The processor overheats due to accumulated dust, incomplete contact of the radiator. In this case, the noise of the cooler at high speeds is heard.
- No power is supplied from the external unit, and the internal battery is very low. The laptop has enough energy to run, but not enough for work.
The laptop shuts down during the boot phase of Windows OS
If the computer turned on, BIOS normally went through all the stages, and when the operating system starts to start crashes and the download stops, there is a high probability of problems with Windows or a virus infection. The easiest solution is to roll back to factory settings or completely reinstall OS Windows. As practice shows, after violations in the registry or damage to system files due to viruses, it is almost impossible to find the true cause of the problem and it is easier to reinstall Windows. In mild cases, a simple rollback of the system to one of the previous conditions helps.
The laptop does not work on battery
When connected to a network, the external laptop power supply turns on, and does not want to work from the internal source. The following problems are likely here.
- There is no battery, bad contacts. Contacts may be broken after a fall or strong shock of the computer.
- The battery is faulty and therefore does not charge. The battery does not charge due to a malfunction of the external power supply or loose connectors.
- Faulty internal power supply.
As you can see. very little can be done at home to repair a laptop.