Asus Transformer Pad Update
Wait for the Android operating system update to version 4.4 KitKat for the Asus Transformer Pad TF300T, it will probably take a very long time. An alternative to the official update will be the custom OmniRom firmware, with which you can install the latest version. To do this, follow the instructions below. The process itself is divided into two stages: preparing the gadget for firmware and the Asus Transformer Pad TF300T firmware itself.
This type of update of the Asus Transformer Pad TF300T is risky, since developers recommend using only official updates. When choosing other options, you should understand that in case of breakdown, warranty repair will not be possible. Therefore, you need to carefully approach the installation of OmniRom.
About firmware. Developed for Android 4.4 KitKat, with a distinctive interface and features. Compared with the standard versions of Android, it has a tangible performance advantage. In addition, features such as overclocking the processor by installing complex programs and more efficient kernels, or setting up an individual interface are available for this type of firmware.
The following paragraphs describe the process of preparing the Asus Transformer Pad TF300T for firmware:
– Update 4.4 OmniRom is only placed on top of the latest official version of Android. Therefore, the first thing you need to do is make sure that the device is running Android 4.2;
– open access for using the bootloader, open root access (root rights) and install custom recovery of the latest version (CWM or TWRP);
– As soon as you get root access on the Asus Transformer Pad TF300T, your tablet’s warranty will automatically crash. It is restored by returning to factory limits. This is done by installing the latest official firmware version of your device;
– To reduce the risk of losing stored data to a minimum, we make backup copies of all information: settings, private messages, call logs and more. Contacts are saved by means of binding to your Gmail account;
– Do not forget to create a Nandroid backup. This function will provide an opportunity at any time during the installation of a new firmware to return to the previous one. It helps a lot in moments if a mistake was made during a flashing;
– enable USB debugging option (menu. settings. developer options);
– on a computer and on a tablet, any means of protection should be disabled: antivirus programs, firewalls. Because they can complicate the update process;
– make sure that the battery on the tablet has a full charge.
Please be aware that the instructions apply only to the Asus Tablet Transformer Pad TF300T. Attempts to flash other Android devices can have unforeseen consequences, even if the gadget breaks. In any case, no one except you is responsible for manually flashing the software.