Android Sync From PC Via Usb
In the process of operating an Android device, users are faced with the need to transfer data from a smartphone / tablet to a PC and vice versa. Most often this is due to the need for backups. or multimedia files. Let’s look at how to synchronize an android with a computer, as well as convenient alternative methods.
How is synchronization on android
Synchronization methods are conditionally divided into 4 categories:
- Direct connection. via USB cable.
- Wireless connection. Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
- Network connection. cloud drives.
- Using file sharing programs.
Synchronizing your Android phone with a computer via usb cable is the easiest and most affordable way that does not require additional equipment or access to the Internet. Direct connection provides fast data transfer and eliminates connection breaks.
What is the best way to synchronize your phone with a computer?
Connect android to PC via USB. accessible and simple, no need to deal with the settings. After connecting, do not forget to set the type of connection MTP or USB Mass Storage on your smartphone or tablet (the selection box appears immediately when USB is connected; but you can also choose it later. lower the curtain and click on the “USB connection” notification).
Synchronizing your phone with a computer wirelessly. more convenient, simpler, and often faster, since it takes less time to discover and connect the device. The data transfer speed does not rest against the limitation of the USB port, which sometimes allows you to move data faster. In this case, sometimes the transmission is interrupted when the signal is broken and additional equipment is required. Wi-Fi router, Bluetooth module, etc.
Android network synchronization, It does not require physical presence near a PC, as in the first two methods. And to send and receive information, an Internet connection is enough. In this case, it is necessary to establish a connection with a cloud disk that acts as a buffer for data exchange. The capacity of such storages, for free use, does not exceed 15-50 GB, and there are still restrictions on the amount of traffic.
Using software to sync, allows you to transfer specific files. contacts, messages or call history, which is not available in the other three methods. over, to transfer data directly from a PC or at a distance. This requires the installation of appropriate programs, often distributed on a paid basis.
Method 1: Sync via USB cable
To exchange information you will need a synchronization cable. To improve throughput, it is advisable to use a standard cord, as well as a USB 2.0 connector or higher.
- On the smartphone / tablet, set the connection type to MTP or USB Mass Storage. The corresponding parameter is contained in the paragraph of the settings section. connection or memory, less often in the settings for developers.
- Wait for the computer to determine the device and search for drivers. In case of failure, you need to download and install drivers for the mobile device.
- After that, you need to open “My Computer”, then the connected drive in the “Devices with removable media” category, which displays the internal and external memory of the device.
As you can see, with a USB connection, everything is simple.
Method 2: Android sync using wireless connection
With a wireless method of exchanging information, it is better to use an FTP connection. To do this, having a home Wi-Fi router is enough:
- Before you begin, you need to download the application “Moto File Manager” or an analogue that can automatically create an FTP connection.
- In the application, open the hidden panel and select the “Remote control” item.
- In the new window, select “Connect”, if necessary, configure the login and password for entry.
- The application will create an FTP connection and indicate the address for the connection, which must be entered in the address bar of the file manager on the PC. After that, access to the device’s memory for the exchange of information will open.
Method 3: Network Connection
Android synchronization with a PC by a network method, requires registration and connection of a cloud disk. If a Google account is connected on the device, then registration of another storage is at the request of the owner.
How to sync an android using the example of a Google drive:
- To access files on cloud storage, you need a client for your mobile device and the corresponding program for your PC. File sharing via a web browser is also available, but this method is less convenient.
- To send files to a PC, you need to go to the Google drive application, select the “send files” item and confirm the action. Most applications support integration with other programs, so just mark the files, click the “share” button and select a cloud drive.
- After downloading the files, which is affected by the speed of the Internet, the PC will automatically start synchronizing with the Google drive.
- To send data from a PC to a mobile device, you need to copy the files to the folder on the PC that appears after installing the program.
- Wait for the end of synchronization, and then go to the Google disk client on the smartphone to download or view information.
Method 4: Data Exchange Programs
This method involves installing the appropriate program on a PC, for example MoboRobo or AirDroid. We will look at how to synchronize an android using MyPhoneExplorer as an example:
- First you need to download and install the program, including a mobile device.
- After starting the program, you need to select the desired type of connection: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or USB cable.
- Launches a program on a PC, where you need to go through several stages of setup. connection, launch, appearance of the program, etc.
- Next, the application will prompt you to enter the username required to identify the mobile device. The name is arbitrary.
- Then a window will be displayed, notifying of synchronization. Then it will be possible to transfer multimedia data, contacts, messages, etc.
Synchronization on android is performed by one of the methods proposed above. Each method has some requirements, but instead offers additional amenities or features. So connecting via a USB cable is the simplest and least expensive. The wireless synchronization method is more convenient, as it eliminates the need for regular USB-pairing with a PC. Network connection offers additional information security. And specialized programs allow you to: synchronize phone book contacts, messages, calls and media files. Therefore, the optimal method of synchronization is influenced by personal requirements and the means available for this.
Was the article helpful to you?
Rate it. support the project!
(40 ratings, average: 3.90 out of 5)