Acher cooler set up a cooler. Acceleration of the cooler through
How to increase the speed of cooler on a laptop
How to increase the speed of the cooler on a laptop, if over time it begins to work a little slower, more noisy and sometimes even overheating. Overheat. One of the most uncomfortable and harmful accidents for the computer, because it is additional wear of equipment and increasing the chances of breakdown.
To eliminate this situation, you can replace thermal grease and enhance cooling. If replacing thermal paste. The matter is not very difficult, in order to strengthen the cooling system (CO), you need to either buy a cooling stand, or increase the speed of the cooler. The cooling stand is quite noisy, it costs extra money, takes a place, but you can accelerate the standard CO absolutely free.
There are two options for speeding up the speed of the cooler on the laptop:
To begin with, we will determine what the speed of the cooler will affect:
- The higher, the more noise the laptop publishes during operation, it discharges faster (slightly), but at the same time the temperature of the CP and the system as a whole is lower, which means less freezes and brakes due to trottling (reducing the processor frequency to lower the temperature load). Power supply is used high performance.
- The lower, the quieter the laptop works, the more slowly the battery is discharged, but with high loads, the probability of overheating of the device appears. Energy saving scheme is used.
It is recommended to accelerate only if you cleared coolers and filters from dust and garbage, and also replaced thermal grease at all key points: processor, video card, northern and southern bridges.
In most cases, cleaning the cooling system and replacing the thermointease solves the problems of overheating and tottling. But if these manipulations are difficult to fulfill due to the complexity of the analysis or guarantee of the laptop (which prohibits disassembling the device), then to obtain the desired cooling, it is better to speed up the cooler.
The main settings of the Notebook Fancontrol program
This is a free program that is suitable for most modern laptops: Lenovo, Acer, ASUS, PACKARD BELL, SONY, TOSHIBA, Xiaomi, HP, Dell and others, often updated.
Sweet the page a little down, and download the program to any link:
Install the NBFC program and run. To control the cooler, you need to select your laptop from the list:
- Press the button with three points in the “Select Config” field
- Choosing a model or series of our laptop
- Press the “Apply” button (apply settings)
If everything went smoothly, now you should see the current processor temperature and the current fan speed as a percentage of the maximum (Current Fan Speed). By default, the program does not control the cooler, but only reads current readings, look at the switches:
- Disabled: All functions are disconnected
- Read-onlim: The “only reading” mode of current parameters
- Enabled: Tank or automatic fan speed adjustment is enabled
To set the fixed speed of rotation of the cooler, you need to enable the Enabled mode and move the FAN slider:
In the screenshot, I set up the fan at speed of 51.6% and received real value 52.9% of the maximum possible. Tutelka-in-tully does not necessarily work.
Setting up automatic control of the cooler of laptop
To include automatic control, sliders must be moved to the right to the stop, the value of “Auto” will appear. Now Notebook Fan Control will change the speed of rotation depending on the temperature, and this behavior can be configured: click on the “” button (where the laptop model was chosen) and then “Edit”.
On the Basic Configuration tab, the “Critical Temperature” parameter is changed. a critical temperature at which the maximum cooler speed (100%) will automatically turn on.
This number is pulled automatically for the selected laptop model, but I recommend not to leave a value above 85 degrees, the laptop will last longer!
We go to the Fan Configuration tab, click on the only line in the table and click “Edit”:
The Presto 4in1 Air Cooler is your best friend during Summer️ #shorts #shortvideo #fans
Next, go to the Temperature Thresholds tab (temperature thresholds).
A comfortable window with sliders appears using a double click on a line. Then everything is simple, for each range of the laptop processor, the rotation speed is set:
For example, I have indicated that at a temperature of 35 to 50 degrees, the speed of 30 will be applied.3% to cool the processor. After making changes, click “OK. Save. Apply. Enabled “
Do not touch other parameters in the program, t.to. This can lead to hanging the system, if you do not know what you are doing!
Automatic launch of the program
In the main window of the NBFC program, click on the gear icon in the lower right corner:
- “Start with Windows”. the program will load with Windows
- “Close to try”. if you turn or close the program, it will fall into a system tray (next to the watch) and will show the current speed of the cooler, while it will not take a place on the task panel
- “Tray icon color”. the color of the icon value
Watch the video for working with the program:
Cooling settings in BIOS
The settings of the active cooling system in BIOS or UEFI are more flexible, but in novice users they can cause certain difficulties, since the intenses of different models and versions of the base of the input-output in laptops are very different.
- Enter the BIOS of your laptop, for which hold the F2 or DEL key pressed when rebooting the device. Also, other keys of the upper row can be used to enter BIOS, it again depends on the laptop model;
- Next, you need to find an option to control the cooler, which can be called CPU Smart FAN, CPU Q-FAN Control, Smart Q-Fan Function, CPU FAN PROFILE or Chassis Q-FAN CONTROL. It is located either on the Advanced tab, or on the Hardware Monitor tab, here again it all depends on the BIOS model;
- In turn, each option may have several parameters responsible for the speed of rotation of the coolers, the temperature, when they reach, they will start and so on. For example, the Chassis Q-Fan Control Option transferred to the Enabled position opens access to such settings as Chassis Fan Ratio (rotation speed) and “Chassis Target Temperateure” (temperature threshold for the motherboard, when the cooling will turn on). That is, if you want to make the coolers work constantly, for the first setting you need to set a value of 90%, and for the second. the minimum temperature.
Such thin settings are not available in all BIOS. So, for the CPU Q-Fan Control option, only one of the pre-installed modes can be selected, in particular, providing maximum cooling efficiency “Performance Mode” instead of the default “Optimal”.
Fans’ settings in modern UEFI integers are not so complicated, but they will have to tinker with them, especially if the English integer.
If there is no desire to understand all the intricacies of the fan settings via BIOS, use SBEEDFAN. a popular free program for tracking the temperature sensors of the motherboard, video card and hard disk, as well as regulating the fan rotation speeds.
Download the program from the developer website, install and run. Click the Configure button, switch to the Options tab and select Russian language in the drop.down list;
This is all, you can turn the program into the tray and provide it to do your job. By the way, Speedfan is not the only program that allows you to control the speed of rotation of the coolers. If you have difficulties when working with Speedfan, you can try such tools as:
Analysis and cleaning of the laptop
How to clean the cooler yourself so as not to damage anything? To do this, you should adhere to the sequence of actions:
Dismantication of the case. Turn the laptop with the lower lid to the top. Then take out the battery and remove the cover fixed with screws. All visible nuts must be unscrewed, after which the plug joints are removed. After that, the laptop should be turned upside down, open the lid and carefully get the keyboard. If the keyboard sits tightly, you can put it with something thin, for example, with a plastic card. When the keyboard is slightly raised, you need to stick out the cable from the plug, after which you can completely get it.
Opening the body. Using the card, you need to put the upper part of the body around the entire perimeter. All latches should be open. Remove the flat cable from the plug.
Removing the motherboard. Since the cooler is located on the inside of the Acer motherboard, it also needs to be obtained. To do this, you need to promote all the nuts, remove the plugs that are connected to the USB ports and the screen. Then you need to disconnect the processor cooler.
Dust removal. Now, finally, you can proceed to the final stage. Cleaning of the cooler is carried out using a mini-blade. To make sure that you removed all the dust, you can check the cooler with your finger. it should easily spin. If difficulties occur, then most likely the dust has accumulated under the impeller. To remove it, you need to remove the protective casing from the cooler. After that, you need to surpass the rest of the laptop components and after that you can proceed to its assembly.
Lubrication of the cooler. Do not rush to collect everything back. Since we got the cooler, then remove the impeller (blades), wipe it inside a cotton swab and drop one drop of machine oil into the middle. A special silicone or thick car transmission oil is better.
On a note! When working with wires, it is important to be very careful. They are very thin, they can not be strongly pulled and pulled, since they can break and the laptop will not turn on. In this case, you will have to carry it to the service workshop.
Acceleration of cooler through BIOS
It is possible to improve the power of the cooling system in this way if the motherboard on your portable computer is equipped with the function of monitoring the cooling system. Cooling system controls using special drivers. You can raise the fan power through BIOS as follows:
- Enter BIOS. To do this, it is necessary to press the DEL key on the keyboard when the operating system is loaded. But the BIOS transition key can also be F12 or F9. Which key is the entrance to BIOS depends on the company that produces a motherboard.
- Next, open the Power section and go to the Hardware Monitor item.
- Now change the parameters of the cooling system or select the intellectual mode of operation.
- Save the parameters and leave the BIOS.
Hardware Monitor subsection in different versions of BIOS can have a different appearance. But you can easily make the necessary settings if you know what and where to look:
- in the line CPU min.FAN Speed (or CPU FAN CONTROL) You indicate at what speed the cooler will rotate;
- At the CPU Q-Fan Control point (select Enable) You will launch the intellectual operation of the cooling system;
- In the CPU FAN PROFILE line, you can choose how intellectual work will be held: Silent Coler will function silently; Standard Fan functions only half of its power; Turbo or Performance the cooler accelerates to the maximum;
- In the line CPU Temperature, you indicate the temperature of the processor. And the process of cooling will go to these indicators.
Coiler acceleration utilities in a laptop
For those who do not like the BIOS environment, a special software has been developed, with which you can disperse the fan on a laptop.
The most effective for such purposes are: Speedfan; AMD Overdrive; Riva Tunes.
Application of the Speedfan utility
This program has an understandable and simple integration. To disperse it with the help of it, you need to:
- Install it. She is downloaded for free on the Internet. The installation file has approximately 2.8 MB. Therefore, the Internet is suitable for downloading at low speed
- Change the language of the application to Russian. To do this, in the Configure section, go on the Options tab and select the desired language. Then press OK.
- In the section “Indicators” indicate the desired speed of rotation. Fixing how much percent of its capabilities it will function. There are also data on the temperature of the processor, motherboard and built.in drive.
- The “Configuration” section in the “Temperature” tab indicates the temperature of the processor, motherboard and hard disk. The system will adhere to these parameters.
Increasing the fan speed using AMD Overdrive and Riva Tunes
The AMD Overdrive utility increases the capacity of the fan installed on laptops with the AMD processor. To improve the work of the cooler using this application, you need:
- Install the program on a portable computer.
- Run the program. And go to the FAN CONTROL section.
- Find the Performance Control tab.
- Increase the speed of the cooler using sliders that regulate its strength.
- Now save all changes. To do this, in the Preferences section, find the Setting item. In this paragraph, put a box opposite the line “Use my last settings”. Now, after turning on the laptop, the fan will work with a new power.
If the Intel processor is built into your portable computer, then you need to install the Riva Tunes program, which was developed by Intel. This utility sets up in the same way as the previous. Therefore, there is no need to re.describe them.
Accelerating the rotation of the laptop fan is very simple. If you follow the above instructions, you will easily and quickly do it. However, it must be borne in mind that the laptop begins to work more loudly if you increase the fan capacities in it. Therefore, listening to music or watch movies on a portable computer, which is very noisy not very comfortable and pleasant. And not everyone will like to work for a device that makes noise. Loud sound can distract and interfere with concentration. The laptop also begins to consume more electricity, with the increase in the cooler power in it. If the device is connected to the network, then there will be no problems in its work. But if the laptop is disconnected from the network and works for batteries, then it will be much faster to sit down. Also, its life will be much less.
AMD Overdrive program
I can’t bypass the quite famous utility from AMD, which offers us a number of opportunities, including the control of the fan speed, so to increase the performance of the entire laptop.
- Install and launch the utility.
- After the opening, in the first window, go to the FAN CONTROL section, then to the “Performance Control” tab.
- To change speed, you need to move the sliders.
- It remains only to click “OK” so that the changes made are preserved.
Now you know how the fan should work, how to adjust it correctly, manage it and you can do it yourself.
Methods of solution
The functioning of the cooling system is fully dependent on the BIOS. It is worth taking into account the fact that according to factory settings, the cooling system does not work at full capacity, but only 50% for minimal electricity consumption and decreasing noise level. Almost all motherboards have the ability to manage coolers using special programs.
In order to forcefully turn on the cooler on the laptop, you can use one of the following methods:
When the settings changes, additional noise may appear and energy consumption will increase. That is why, first you should disassemble and carefully clean the laptop, including the cooling system, from the accumulated dust, which can be the initial cause of overheating.
All methods presented below are equally suitable for laptops of various companies (Samsung, HP, ASUS, LENOVO, etc.)
Turning on the cooler through BIOS
In order to start the cooler forcibly, it is enough to change some settings in BIOS’E.
- Enter the Power/Hardware Monitor menu.
- The value should be prescribed (indicated in the percentage), at what power it needs to work. Alternative. activation of the intellectual mode of operation. In this case, the system itself will determine the speed of rotation of the blades based on the load of CP.
- We save the settings and leave the BIOS.
The appearance of the “Hardware Monitor” section may have small differences, depending on the BIOS version. But the settings always remain the same type, so you can easily manually turn on the fan on the laptop and change its operating mode:
- CPU Temperature function. is responsible for the temperature of the processor, which the fan will support.
- The parameter “CPU FAN Speed”. indicates the speed of rotation of the cooler.
- CPU Q-FAN CONTROL-Intellectual mode of functioning. To activate it, the value of “enable” should be set.
Working parameters in intellectual mode:
- Silent. mode for saving energy and silent work.
- Standard. works at half the power.
- Performance and Turbo. maximum cooler speed.
Very popular free acceleration program. First of all, it is designed to monitor the temperature of all components, and one of its functions is the ability to monitor and change the speed of rotation of the fan. With its help, you can control the speed, depending on the needs and workload of the processor.
HOMCOM Portable Oscillating Air Cooler Fan for Home, 3-In-1 Standing Ice Floor Fan with Humidifier
- Download, install and launch.
- By default, the utility has an English.speaking Inte Wee, but for convenience, you can change it to Russian. To do this, go to the Configure tab, then in Options, select the language and click OK;
- After that, in the “Indicators” tab, we set the required speed of rotation of the cooler (measurement measure. interest);
- Also, to improve the work, it is necessary to prescribe in the section “Configuration. Temperatures “recommended temperature for the hard drive and processor, within 42 degrees;
But this is only one way of those that allow you to disperse the cooler on the laptop.
You can increase the speed of the fan and using the BIOS. This is also done according to a certain scheme.
If you do not have experience working with BIOS, then it is better to entrust the work of an experienced master, otherwise the integrity of the system can be violated and the computer will simply stop loading.
It is necessary to do the following:
; To do this, reboot the computer and when loading, press the Del or Delete key. Also, depending on the manufacturer and the specific model (ASUS, Acer, etc.D.) F9 or F12 keys can be used.
- Next, go to the Power tab, and then go to the Hardware Monitor subsection;
- Here you can see the current speed and set the speed to the maximum or set the “intellectual mode”. Please note that the indicators are also declared as a percentage;
- We keep the BIOS settings and reboot.
The appearance of the settings may differ depending on the manufacturer of your laptop (Lenovo, Samsung, Packard Bell and D.p) and from the version of the BIOS.
For owners of laptops with an AMD processor, a special utility has been developed that allows not only to control the speed of the cooler rotation, but also allowing to change the settings of the entire chipset, thereby increasing PC performance.
To disperse the fan, it is necessary to perform the following:
- Download the program, install and start.
- After the launch, we move to the FAN CONTROL section, it is responsible for adjusting the fan speed, where you need to set the settings;
- Control is carried out using sliders, which are moved to a larger or smaller side;
- When the settings are set, they should be saved using the Apply key and press OK;
- Next, go to Preference and click on Settings and install a checkmark near the Apply My Last Settings and click OK. Thus, we will save the specified settings for automatic use at each launch of the OS.
After all the manipulations, the fan rotation will be completely under the control of the utility, and you no longer have to worry about anything.
Samsung laptops Increase in cooler speeds
To increase the speed of speed on Samsung laptops, there is a radical way you just need to cut the white wire that comes from the cooler, and it will begin to work on the full. Of course, after you turn off this wire, before starting your laptop, the fan will not spin, but do not be scared, but wait until the laptop warms up to 40 degrees. The fan itself will start working at maximum speed. There is also an Easy Settings program, it goes in the standard with a spray of it, you can only fond of speed.
Macs Fan Control is a special program for controlling the speed of the cooler in MacBook.
Increasing revolutions via BIOS
Unfortunately, in most modern bios laptops, the bios is cut and the functions of regulating the cooler revolutions are not there. But it’s worth a try to enter the BIOS when starting the system click F2 or Delete If you can’t look for a model of your laptop on the network and how to enter its BIOS. After we entered the BIOS, you need to find something like Power. Hardware Monitor it sets up a fan. Find the option with the “FAN Speed” value and select the fan speed, it is indicated as a percentage. Then click F10 then ok.
Other programs to increase the speed of the cooler
EEECTL (Asus eee) 2. I8kfangui (Dell Inspiron, Latitude, Precision) 3. Smart FAN (Acer Aspire One series and after alteration Timeline 1810/1410) 4. A1CTL (Acer Aspire One) 5. TPFANCONTROL. (Lenovo ThinkPad series x/t/r) 6. 1810Tray (Acer Timeline 1410/1810) 7. [3820Tray] Hardware Control PowerProfiles Cpumonitor (Acer Timelinex 3820) 8. Acer Aspire One (AA1) FAN CONTROL (Acer Aspire One) 9. ACFANCONTROL (Acer Aspire 5235 /5635) 10. Lenovo S10 FAN CONTROL 11. HP Notebook Fan Control in Hwinfo32 (HP 8740W and 8530W) Target = “_ Blank” Rel = “Nofollow Noopener”